“When in formello, don't miss it!”
Review of Ristorante Chigi - CLOSED

Ristorante Chigi
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Thessaloniki, Greece
“When in formello, don't miss it!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

I was impressed from the vivid imagination of the cook, which turns every dish into a really pleasant surprise with combinations of first materials that surpassed my gastronomic experience and made me very, very happy and content! This is good. Really good!

Los Angeles, California
“Some of the best food in Italy”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I really can't say enough wonderful things about this restaurant. I was in Formello for work for a couple weeks and this was one of the restaurants recommended to us. Ever since my first meal there I haven't really been able to go anywhere else (and when I have wandered into another establishment, I've kicked myself several times for doing so). Lovely setting in an old castle (now a museum) and great service. You are most likely to be greeted by the matriarch of the restaurant or her daughter. Both are quite fun and very helpful and clearly express a passion for great food. Between myself and the others in our group I believe we've had just about everything on the menu (and some that aren't) and have LOVED everything. Pasta cooked to perfection. Great twists on more common Italian dishes (like a prosciutto infused ricotta based antipasta topped with green figs with a melon puree...unbelievably good). Each meal has a few meat dishes, a few seafood dishes, and a few vegetarian dishes to offer, with great attention and passion devoted to each. And every day something a little different depending on what's fresh or something dreamt up in the kitchen earlier that day. Whether you are in Formello, or need an escape from Rome, I cannot recommend this restaurant more highly.

• Visited June 2012
“If you awy from rome thie plase is the best”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Nice food nice service, this place worth vist even when you live or stay away

London
“You can't not enjoy this place.”
Reviewed December 17, 2011

The desserts are sublime and all made by 'mamma'. Her homemade bread is wonderful too. The wine list is excellent.
We loved the little room inside which was almost like a grotto. "Mamma" was so kind and so pleased to share her recipes and love of cooking. This was slow-food at its very best.
Formello is also a little jewel and honestly not that far from Rome.
We shall definitely come here again.
The only negative point, parking is not that easy as it is on the main road.

• Visited December 2011