All reviews club room aberdeen airport offshore bar covered walkway lovely hotel walk in shower nice bar steak room rate car park minute walk from the terminal business meeting restaurant manager an early flight you'd expect reception staff nice bathroom
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Check in was easy and no hassle . The room could have been cleaner in the corners especially . Shower door not closing properly , maybe i am just picky though . Breakfast was luke warm at best . Very pleasant staff though and a good price . Just add £5 for overnight parking though . All in all slightly above average .

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Robert B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dear mack5678, many thanks for the positive review of your recent visit with us. I'm delighted that overall you enjoyed your visit and I will address your constructive comments with the relevant department managers.
Hope to welcome you back again very soon

Reviewed September 8, 2018

Hotel is right next to the Airport. Car park was busy, but I did get one of the last spaces, I noticed later a few people had parked on the road. I had booked via the crowne plaza/ IHG app the same day but unfortunately they couldn't find the reservation on check in - so it took quite a while to get a room, not what I expected as a spire member. The room itself was a king club room which was spacious with good amenities and bathroom with both bath and shower. The room had air con but I didn't use it (well, I didn't change it temperature was fine). The room overlooked the runway but didn't get very much noise at all. Unfortunately on check out the wrong rate was charged (as a result of the problems at check in) but this was sorted in a couple of minutes. I would definitely stay again, I think I was just unlucky on the reservation issue, and it would be 4*'s if it wasn't for this.

Room tip: It's interesting watching the helicopters and planes arrive, ask for a room facing the runway on the top floor
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Many thanks monkeynonk for the positive review and my apologies for the reservation challenge. I'm confident your next stay will indeed be a 4 star or better. I appreciate your complimentary and constructive comments, as without this feedback, it becomes harder to strive to improve our product and services.
Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

What a pleasure to step into this room. Spacious with a great view of the airport with planes leaving and landing. Soundproof. All sockets and switches in the right place. Large tv. Large bathroom with tub and rain dance shower.

Coffee and tea facilities. Even a expresso machine.

The bed extremely comfortable.

Easy check in and out.

Dit not have breakfast.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Many thanks for the great review of your recent stay with us Brian F, delighted you enjoyed our rooms and hotel so much.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

Stayed in a club king room, which gives access to the club room. Reception staff were not that helpful - they didn’t tell me anything about getting access to this room, they failed to even mention that it was included. No one to help with bags either, if you have a lot of luggage expect to load, push and unload the luggage trolley on your own.
The room was nice and modern, not all that spacious but it was ok for 1 night. We were on the second floor, and our room had views of the dirty roof and that was it. I would’ve expected that for a more expensive club room, that it would have been on a higher up floor not overlooking the roof.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear bananasplit987
Thank you very much for your feedback from your recent visit with us and my apologies for the challenge encountered with the upgrade and lounge access, disappointing to read and should have been explained better.
All our club rooms are front facing with 5 per floor overlooking the runway and airport, along with the roof area of the restaurant and bar. I will certainly look into the aesthetics of the roof to see if there opportunities to improve this.

I do hope this will not deter you from staying here again and I would be delighted to welcome you back for any future visits you may have in Aberdeen to allow me the opportunity to show your challenges were not the usual service we provide to many many regular valued guests.

Kindest regards

Robert

Reviewed September 5, 2018

Liked the room, checkin person must have been new as was not told anything apart from room number, had to go back down later to resolve.

We paid extra for breakfast first day was a good buffet so we booked the next day which was the complete opposite as was told the buffet was not on and it was cook to order, fair enough. Ordered the breakfast, after waiting 40 minutes for the breakfast to arrive it arrived wrong with only 2 items correct with things I didn't ask for, had to wait even longer it then arrived still missing an item but by this point I had given up as we needed to catch a flight. Mentioned this at checkout and the guy didn't seem interested, just demanded payment and promptly changed the subject to other things, would have been fine otherwise.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Many thanks for the review of your recent stay Dj800. My apologies with your breakfast challenge. Whilst we did have a maintenance issue with our hotplate that morning causing us to go to plated service, we could have handled this in a better manner. I have addressed this with the Restaurant Manager.

I was however delighted to read that apart from this your overall stay was fine and pleasant and you enjoyed our rooms.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Kindest regards