“excellent everything you could wish for and more”
other traveler has booked this property
The Granary Dining Area Welcome to Creeksea Place Barns
Welcome to Creeksea Place Barns
Gym
Hot tub and Steam room
Gym and Spa
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
flossie36
london
“excellent everything you could wish for and more”
Reviewed December 7, 2014 for a stay in December 2014

It's self catering which I regularly do so I took my usual tea coffee sugar milk washing up liquid cloths etc I even took a travel iron...on arrival I noticed there was already tea and stuff there even an iron etc.the beds ,pillows and quilts were amazingly comfortable and the bathroom omg I didn't want to get out the bath...I was away on a friend's hen weekend and I even phoned my husband to say I wasn't coming home lol the parlour cafe we visited every morning for breakfast....excellent service . Overall we all had an amazing time and would definitely recommend this for any occasion .Well done ,I was sad to leave

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the whole experience
Liked least: nothing
Traveling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
mattwigen...
“Highly recommend staying.”
Reviewed November 30, 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Hired the whole barn complex for over 25 people. Worked brilliantly with a communal area large enough to host everyone to eat at the same time. The area is lovely - great for walking with lovely coffee shops. The barns are beautiful and clean. Highly recommend booking for large gatherings.

Julie G
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Perfect family get together venue”
Reviewed November 2, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Booked to celebrate husbands 50th birthday and chance to have a family get together. Venue was perfect - everyone had their own space but plenty of room to seat 28 of us for a meal in the Granary and a BBQ outside too. Emily was the perfect hostess and could not be more helpful or considerate.

We would definitely recommend and there is every chance we shall do it again in the near future. Home made Indian food made by Aitka from Khush was fantastic too!

Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Gwyn M
London, United Kingdom
“A really good find in a lovely part of Essex”
Reviewed August 27, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Really good accommodation. Good local walks. Helpful staff, especially Karen. Holes in oven gloves led to a burn, otherwise 5 stars. Will be very likely to return, probably with a bigger group.hope weather better next time!

Katharine...
“Girls Weekend Away”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 for a stay in September 2013

We booked the 'Hay Loft' for 4 of us girls all aged 23. We wanted a girls weekend away somewhere and I stumbled upon this website online!

Booking was easy and simple via email with Emily. The total cost for 2 nights was £440 so a reasonable £110pp.

On arrival we immediately loved the look of the whole place...very vintage chic.

We were greeted and shown to our barn which was BEAUTIFUL!! It had one double bedroom on the ground floor and then 3 single beds on a platform above the lounge/kitchen. We also has benches out on the garden area and two hammocks. It was EXACTLY what we wanted!!

We ventured in to town a couple of times by walking across the field...it's about a 15-20 minute walk if you follow the train track route. There isn't a lot in town but we stumbled across a few nice pubs/cafés and shops.

Location wise apart from the small town nearby there isn't a lot going on around here. This didn't bother us as we were happy to stay in and make the most of our barn. The second night we ventured to the Soul for cocktails and then on to another pub where the guy behind the bar offered to drive us all back as there were no taxis available (who knows where they were lol).

We also tried the cafe on sight having iced lemonades (mine was strawberry and tasted incredible) and scones with jam and cream!! It was lovely and the staff were so helpful! It was beautiful being able to sit in the sun admiring the views around with friends.

The only downer on our trip is we got a call from Emily late on our first evening stating a complaint had been made about our noise levels...we were in bed!! Emily spoke to us the next day and explained but it was a slight shock to have a noise complaint when we were all in bed by that point. However, Emily was lovely about it all and I think she knew we weren't a 'rowdy' bunch!!

Would love to come here again...perhaps over Christmas or new year and try one of the larger barns with a group of family or friends!!

Thank you Emily for a perfect girls weekend away!! We hope to return to you at some point!! Also a quick note to say after we posted our photos etc on facebook we noticed numerous friends have booked and visited yourselves :-)

Xx

LHucklebe...
London, United Kingdom
“I love it here!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

I have just been back for my third stay at Creeksea...so the fact we keep coming back for more speaks volumes in itself. I have stayed in Riverview twice and this time brought my whole family back for a special stay in the Granary to celebrate my mum's 70th and my daughters 5th birthday. It was also part of a fantastic prize I had won for a free night for 4 people along with a cake decorating morning at local Pinkface cakes - so even more special! The Barns are just gorgeous... Really high spec and so spacious. You can tell that Emily and Harry have thought about every detail. One thing that really stands out is the bedding where no expense has been spared - the duvets and pillows are fantastic so you always get a comfy sleep. The setting is just beautiful and only an hour on the train from Liverpool St and yet you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere. It suits all age groups as there is plenty to do, or you can just enjoy doing not very much at all. My daughter and nephew loved having their own little park to play on and made friends with children staying in the other barns. They also loved feeding scraps to the pigs and petting the goats. It is really worth walking through the fields and down past the marina to the estuary where you can walk into Burnham along the water. We spent a morning crabbing which was loads of fun. The parlour cafe is a welcome addition to the site and has a beautiful garden that the children loved playing in. Basically, I can't wait to come back... I feel like a little bit of my heart has been left at Creeksea now and it is a really special place. And thanks Emily and Harry for my amazing prize!

Edward P
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Quite simply the best self catering I have ever been to!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

From the moment I found Creeksea Place Barns I knew it was perfect for our group, however what makes it so ideal are Emily and Harry. Nothing was too much trouble and the recommendations for places to eat (The Soul), activities (Murder Mystery Party) and caterers (Valentines) could not have been better. I can only imagine that at some point in their lives, these two have experienced sublime perfection and decided to recreate it. They have succeeded in spades. Despite the wonderfully appointed kitchens that taunt you to use them, The Parlour Café was the way forward for breakfast (and lunch, full afternoon tea, coffee etc). The only thing missing was a Bloody Mary, but then again I know one would have been produced had we asked!!

I wish both them the success that I know will come to them, how can it not with the amount of work that has so clearly been put in?

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How can I pick just one thing?
Liked least: ha ha!
Traveling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Jan 17, 2014
Thank you! It is groups like yours that make all of our efforts worthwhile, and we are so delighted that you had such a fabulous weekend! We are really proud of being a family business and we do try hard to make our guests feel comfortable, relaxed and at home on our lovely farm! We are also fortunate that the local area has such a fantastic offering of restaurants and activities to recommend to our guests! We hope to see you all again soon!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing