“The best thing to to happen in Burnham for a long time.!!”
Review of The Swallowtail

The Swallowtail
Cuisines: Bar, British, International, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Overlooking the Marina at Burnham, the restaurant at The Lighthouse offers a varied menu serving high-quality food and wines to suit all budgets. Whether you are looking for a light lunch or a delicious dinner our Chef's can cater for your requirements. Add this to our wonderful views of the River Crouch and you won't be disappointed.
Burnham-on-Crouch, United Kingdom
“The best thing to to happen in Burnham for a long time.!!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I live local, and have seen the Swallowtail restaurant go through many owners, all started well, but fell at the first hurdle, so nice to see Lisa at the helm now, with her dedicated team, and a great chief (Keith), and I agree, good food cant be hurried, and sometimes we have to wait, but I have always found it worth the wait, we wish Lisa and all the team the very best for the future, and we visit the place on a weekly basis, there is nowhere to compare locally to this establishment it's fantastic.!!! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who want a great night out, great food, great wine list (& Champaign) and all served with a smile..... NOT A SNARL.!!!

See you soon Terry & Nicola..x

• Visited September 2012
lisa p, Owner at The Swallowtail, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you Terry and Nicola for your lovely review. It's so nice to receive positive feedback from our regular customers, that visit us on a weekly basis. Martin and I appreciate your support and loyalty very much. I will, of course, pass your comments onto Keith and the Team.

Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
“Excellent on all fronts.”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have just had a first class meal at The Swallotale , the food was first class , the service excellent, staff could not be more helpfull if i had taken notice of the previous comments I would not have gone goes to show you should try before you comment. Well done . Carol W.

• Visited October 2012
lisa p, Owner at The Swallowtail, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

At last, a positive comment for The Swallowtail. As you know, my Team and I work so hard to provide our customers with a good experience when they visit The Swallowtail and to receive this type of compliment makes it all worthwhile. I will obviously pass on your feedback to all of our lovely Staff. Many thanks again x
essex
“never to be repeated”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

reasonable food, so so service, appalling, rude and aggressive owner, never to be repeated experience . Could never recommend.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank brunoEssex
lisa p, Owner at The Swallowtail, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your posting; although I am surprised that it has taken you so long to post your comments as I note that you visited us back in April of this year.

I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit; unfortunately because it is so long ago I'm afraid I can't really respond to your remarks that I was rude and aggressive. It's disappointing when these types of comments are posted on Trip Advisor regarding our food and service but we try our best and that's all we can do.
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Nice location did'nt meet expectations”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

When we arrived at Restaurant I had high expectations of a good meal. Waitresses were good and promptly took our order. We then waited a long time for our food to arrive, the waitress then told us she would check in the kitchen. When she returned we were told they were just plating it up! but we still waited another 10 minutes for our order. Unfortunately, when it did arrive it was very ordinary and not worth the long wait. Would visit again but only for a coffee and the view.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Barbara A
lisa p, Owner at The Swallowtail, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your feedback comments. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed on your recent visit. The weather was very good on Saturday 6th October as you may remember, and we were incredibly busy for this time of year. As all our food is cooked from fresh, when we are this busy it puts a strain on the kitchen. However, Keith and the Team in the kitchen worked extremely hard to ensure that the food was sent out to customers asap and I'm sure that you will agree that the Front of House staff worked incredibly hard that day to keep all of our customers informed.
Essex
“Good food in Burnham”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The restaurant is on the first floor (stairs or lift) and has great views out over the river Crouch. Outside eating on the veranda is great weather permitting.
Good quality food and reasonably priced. Good lounge area with settees by the bar and a nice ambiance in the dining area.
Waitresses are attentive but the food from the kitchen is on the slow side.

• Visited September 2012