“stay here , eat here”

The Oyster Smack Inn
Reviewed January 22, 2013

stayed in room five, fantastic stay, clean and tidy, ample space, and they allow dogs if you ask but only in the out side rooms. restaurant food is superb, had roast belly of pork.... compliments to the chef for that one. would def recommend, and yes it gets busy, but that's what happens when you get quality grub. 10/10 stay
Paul, lincolnshire

Room Tip: all rooms from what i saw looked good
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank p b
james h, General Manager at The Oyster Smack Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on Trip Advisor. The staff and I were happy to read you were happy with the food and accommodation.

We hope that we can accommodate you in the near future.

There are newer reviews for The Oyster Smack Inn

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Lovely place to go to eat busy midweek and loads to choose from - definitely a good place to eat when you are visiting Burnham - I understand there are rooms here too so you can even stay overnight - which we intend to do in the summer

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
james h, General Manager at The Oyster Smack Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Thank you for your feedback for the Oyster Smack. I have passed on your review to the staff and hope that we can accommodate you in the future.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We have been here a number of times as locals, this is easily the best place to eat in Burnham. This is also the only place with a good wine selection and the only place that does cocktails. The food is always excellent as is the service. The staff are always attentive and polite without disturbing you. I would recommend an oyster to start as they are huge and from Maldon. The desserts are gorgeous and I love their salted caramel ice cream. They do great specials too. If you are planning to eat out in Burnham then this is the place to go. We did not stay although family members have in the past and have said that it is also the best place to stay in Burnham.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
james h, General Manager at The Oyster Smack Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your dining experience at the Oyster Smack Inn, We really appreciate your comments on our food, customer service and cocktails.

Our commitment to listening to Customer feedback has helped us progress as a business.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Oyster Smack Inn!

Best Regards,

James Hudson

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here for one night to celebrate my husband's birthday. We booked the dinner, bed and breakfast deal for £110 - great value! Our room was fantastic and more like an apartment with a big fitted kitchen and massive bathroom. Very comfortable too. Dinner was lovely and the staff couldn't do enough to help us. The location of the pub is great, too - just two minutes from the main high street and waterfront. We'd have no hesitation in booking to stay again!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank brogmalog
james h, General Manager at The Oyster Smack Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you for your review regarding your stay. I have praised the Staff and Chefs that served you and hope that we can accommodate you in the near future.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was very spacious with a lovely big comfortable bed. We also ate in the restaurant and the food was fantastic. There were 6 of us dining (including one fussy eater) and we were all impressed. The menu was varied. I had the special of halibut on salse verde risotto - a huge piece of fish and cooked to perfection. We will certainly be returning.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank CandC N

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent visit to the Oyster Smack Inn. I have passed on your review to the team and have praised them accordingly.
We look forward to accommodating you in the near future.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Oyster Smack Inn while in the area for a friend's wedding.
After the drive out I wasn't sure what to expect but I couldn't have been more pleased.
The room was lovely and spacious, the food was superb - especially my steak - and the staff couldn't have been more helpful - ordering taxis, mixing cocktails and making sure we could get into our room in the wee hours.
Well worth the trip out.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Londonmasood
james h, General Manager at The Oyster Smack Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for your recent feedback on your visit.

The Staff and I were happy to hear that you enjoyed the food and cocktails on your recent stay.

We hope that we can accommodate you in the future.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

On arrival, we were looked after by a very nice young lad, I think he name was Brad.
Helpful, informative with regards to the establishment and even showed up to the room.
We arrived quite late and were suprized to see him attending us at breakfast the next day.
This was a fanatic beginning to the stay to have such a great welcome.
As I've seen that the management do read these reviews, please know he is a credit to your business.
We have travelled greatly and we were surprised at how spacious our room was, something we have found to be very rare in the UK.
Breakfast had a great range of options and there was even black pudding on the full English, much to my wifes horror and my delight.
As a 'Breakfast' person, I found the portions to be ample and the quality was good.
Admittedly, we didn't eat in the restaurant for any other meals this was due to the fact we had a very full calender of visiting friends. But we would have certainly given it a go if this was different, as most of my local friends do speak highly of the food served here.

On the negative side, the only issue we had was with the quality of housekeeping. There were a few little things that did need attention, but when we brought these to the notice of the staff on at the time, we were listened too and the staff wanted to makes things right.

Would I stay here again - Yes
Would I recommend to others - Yes

Value for money is on par with other establishments in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MJH1010

Thank you for your recent feedback on your visit. I have informed Brad of your kind words.

I am sorry to hear that the quality of the housekeeping was not up to our usual standard and I hope that you will visit us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnham-on-Crouch
Roslin Beach Hotel
#1 of 3 in Rochford
Creeksea Place Barns
Creeksea Place Barns
#1 of 2 in Burnham-on-Crouch

Been to The Oyster Smack Inn? Share your experiences!