“Admission times”

Dorset Heavy Horse Farm Park
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Verwood
More attraction details
Owner description: Dorset Heavy Horse Farm Park offers a balanced educational and fun day out for all ages from todlers to grandparents. Enjoy facinating daily talks and tours delivered with passion! Free Heavy Horse Wagon rides, Tractor and trailer rides and even the chance to drive a real farm tractor, plus much more including pony rides pony grooming and pet handling sessions throughout the day. Explore exhibits from days gone by freddies blacksmiths, gypsy caravans and showmens collection.Children can let off steam in the undercover go cart arena, drop slide barn or on the pedal tractors and adventure play area. Enjoy home cooked food in the cafe set amongst a backdrop of splendid scenery.Lots undercover in case the weathers not so good, Your visit helps provide a permanent home for over 25 rescued Heavy Horses.
Reviewed October 18, 2013

They need to update the website and leaflets regarding admission times. After a 30 mile drive, arrived at 14.30 only to be told last admission is 14.15. Not amused !

3  Thank jubbleymole
JoanneS76, Manager at Dorset Heavy Horse Farm Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

On our website & leaflets it advises visitors to 'arrive early as possibly to benefit from you visit'.
We have a daily timetable beginning at 10.30am with the tour of the yard. The time table is displayed on the website to inform visitors prior to arrival so they do not miss out on events included on the daily schedule. We do not want visitors to pay for a full day out when they have missed all the days events including the talks and displays and main show. We pride ourselves on offering an outstanding value day out.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I took my one year old daughter and enjoyed the visit very much. Its a heavy horse centre, (there seem to be so few these days), the horses are beautiful and there are many more animals besides. Feeding the animals was great. The talks very interesting and the free rides are an added bonus. I am so pleased to see somewhere rescuing and caring for these beautiful creatures, the admission fee was paid gladly in full support. The only criticism would be the cafe, food was okay but could do with a little more thought. I am so pleased we went there today and we are looking forward to our next visit. Would like to remain supportive. Keep up the good work!

1  Thank michaelaslade
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Where do I begin? I know nothing about horses, apart from the front and back of one! When walking into the yard and to be greeted by the faces of these wonderful heavy horses brings tears to my eyes they are beautiful. We are then welcomed by Richard who's heart is full of his love and dedication to these horses. He tells you their life stories! why they are there to be given a second chance at life and not to be taken to the knackers yard. Richards humour would sell tickets at the London Palladium.! There were lots of other things to see, animals to visit and feed. A coffee shop that sold great coffee, plus food and cakes. It is a very down to earth attraction, that myself and my family would visit again and again. Please visit yourselves,love these wonderful animals and give your support to this centre before this one is closed and then where do these animals go?????

1  Thank 21shirley
Reviewed October 8, 2013

If you like horses, or even if you don't you'll love this place. Lots to see and do, plenty of hands on for the kids.

1  Thank Jack_and_Amber2
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I visited the centre whilst on holiday in Dorset, even though it was a cold and rainy day we barely noticed as the staff and horses were so engaging. Our group consisted of a very mixed age range from 3 to about 73 and the talk about the history and welfare of the horses was excellent as was the talk about the Gypsy caravans. If we holiday in the area again and the weather is better we will definitely return with a packed lunch as there is a beautiful picnic area and refreshments for sale.