“Don't miss it.”

Book In Advance
More Info
$71.53*
and up
Golden Circle Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour from...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Considered by many to be the country's most beautiful waterfall.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Most dynamic waterfall in Iceland. We saw in on a Sterna Tour. We made sure that we went to the end of the trail to get the full picture of the falls geometry.

Write a ReviewReviews (11,070)
All reviews
in 138 reviews
"winter"
in 765 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Spectacular double waterfall! If you are brave enough you can walk under the waterfall and get spectacular views (I am told). After hearing of the necessity of climbing a slippery ladder to do this, I decided against it.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

a must to see even if you have seen a lot of waterfalls already. Regarding its breadth and depth this foss in unbeaten for me. you can get very close and also have good information and nice stories around the fall.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Visited this July 2013 on the Golden Circle trip. I can only review this from my own viewpoint: I have seen Victoria Falls at peak flow, and got VERY close to some other powerful waterfalls.
This one is nice, but from my previous experiences is reduced to being ....just nice.
I think it would have been good if you could have ventured much nearer (ie to the very edge) of the area opposite the main falls section : there was tape across so the authorities clearly did not want you going beyond it. Curiously , some postcards do show people standing in this area??
If you are in Reykjavik it is worth checking as part of the Golden Circle trip.