Oakwood Escape
Riverview Motel(Dunnville)(Great Value!)
$59
Priceline
Good Night Motel(Port Colborne)(Great Value!)
$66
Seaway Motel(Port Colborne)
  • Room Service
Best Western Plus Rose City Suites(Welland)(Great Value!)
$106
$79
$70
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My stay at Oakwood Escape was nothing less than wonderful. The tents are spacious and are decked out with all the essentials: a comfortable queen size bed (hand crafted by the owners), oil lamps, cutlery, dishes, cooking pans, kettle, coffee press, towels etc. There is a a wood deck out front with two comfortable adirondack chairs (built by the owners). Each site is equipped with a picnic table, a fire pit, a barbecue, and a small shed to keep your cooler etc. As soon as we got to the camp we were greeted by our hosts - a cooler of water was brought over as well as some fire wood. There was also a plate of homemade cookies in our tent. Our hosts were quite helpful with providing information about the location and places we might like to visit. At night there was a communal fire where apple crisp was served and we were able to get to know some of the other campers. In the morning a basket of fresh eggs was set on our picnic table (hens roam freely throughout the camp). The composting toilets are the cleanest I have ever been in (and absolutely NO odour). There is also a shower/sink on site as well as a communal refrigerator. The camp is very close to several places of interest - we visited Balls Falls, Decew Falls and Niagara Falls. I would highly recommend a stay at Oakwood Escape.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Essex1962
SheriStyles, Owner at Oakwood Escape, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for your nice comments about our site, it was great to meet you and your nephew.
Please make sure you come back again to stay for longer next time!
Thanks

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary at Oakwood and we truly picked the right spot to have a relaxing weekend.

From the day I first contacted Oakwood, Sheri was responsive, and always willing to answer questions, she was forthcoming with all the information that you may or may not know.
She was also willing to keep a secret as this was a surprise for my husband. She was willing to hold some dates until I could get a day off for my husband. On one of my emails, I asked if there any good bakeries around as we love apple pie, Sheri instead offered to make apple crumble in the dutch oven. Where else can you get that kind of service? I just knew that this place would be amazing.

Upon arrival, we were greeted so warmly by Bryan, Bella, Ben and Michael (Grandpa, Dog, Younger son and older son) followed by Wes (husband) and the chickens! It was so nice to be greeted with open arms. Immediately, we fell right at home.

If you like to be in/within nature and mother nature’s follies but want the comforts of your bed at night? Well, this is the place to be. The bed was comfortable, CLEAN, smells wonderful. There are towels (changed daily), BBQ, crockery and cutlery, mini campfire and wood and a Tripod if you choose to cook dinner in the open fire. Wineglasses, real plates, NO paper plates here! They literally thought of everything, Wes and Sheri’s experience in the service industry shows. They leave you wanting for nothing.

In the morning, you get fresh eggs from their chicken, those eggs were so delicious. If you are staying for more than one night, they do a room tidy up, make your bed, change towels. COME ON! What are you waiting for!

This is their first year to be open, but you wouldn’t know it! They are a well oiled machine. This
place is sure to be busy next year, BOOK NOW!

I highly recommend this place for a weekend getaway, an overnight, grandpa and grandkids day, anything really!

Suggestions: A Sauna? Like we spoke about, SPA Services?

PROS: If I list it, it will be endless, this place is amazing.

TIPS: the pond view is amazing, but probably better to be in the back end tents for a bit more quiet at night (sometimes you can hear the passing by cars – but I am a light sleeper, my husband slept through everything).

CONS: none I could think of. Except that its a compostable toilet. disclaimer - This is not really a con and we knew that it was going to be a posh outhouse before arriving. The toilets are a compostable toilet, which they are upgrading soon. The toilets were kept clean, no smells it was totally fine. But before you go, at the moment, it isnt a flushable toilet.

Room Tip: Tents further away will be further from the road, most likely reducing the road noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ggrace22

We loved having you two stay, Victoria loved her cuddles, oops wasn't meant to mention that!
A really nice review. Thank You. Already we have just met one of your friends that you have recommended us to. Thank You. We cant wait to have you back again. It was a real pleasure to have met you.
Thank You again!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Celebrated a bachelorette by glamping at Oakwood Escape, had the most wonderful experience!
My girlfriends and I will be returning as often as possible as a group, or with our spouses. Lovely location and wonderful owners; can't wait to visit again!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank D P

WoW, what fun you ladies were, it was a pleasure to meet you all and to be a part of Jens celebrations. We would love to have you all back again for another "girly weekend". We knew it was a great idea from the start!
Thanks for your nice comments

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had a great time at Oakwood Escapes! So nice to be outdoors without having to set up our own gear. The tent was spectacular! It was so spacious, the handmade furnishings were beautiful, and the bed was so comfy! We really enjoyed our evening around the campfire and having farm fresh eggs for breakfast. Also the owners are great hosts!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
SheriStyles, Owner at Oakwood Escape, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2015

Thank you for you lovely review, Ive no idea how I didn't reply to this sooner.
Pop by again for a visit soon!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This site has 5 prospector style tents with queen size beds in them. The tents are spacious, clean and bug free. The owners can't do enough for their guests. The composting toilets are kept very clean. The site is a nice spot for a weekend getaway. It's
Close enough to Niagara that you can spend the day at the falls or in Niagara-on-the-lake.

• Stayed: July 2013
SheriStyles, Owner at Oakwood Escape, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for your nice comments!
You guys were great to have as our guests and we are glad you enjoyed it.
Please come again, would be great to have a yearly reunion with your friends too!
Thanks