See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 11, 2017

We spent a couple of wonderful days at Rock Point Provincial Park and because we did not want to camp we stayed at the Riverview Motel. The view is amazing (even the windows need to be cleaned)... I found this amusing: believe it or not my grandson who is almost 4 did not want to use the bathroom...he said "it is stinky". Yes, it is true the bathroom is in need of renovation and ventilation..When we left we talked to the receptionist/manager of the motel to say goodbye... He was complaining he had a hard time finding someone to resurface the parking lot...it looks to be a struggle to keep the motel running in the little Dunnville... however on Saturday evening all rooms were occupied...on the positive site the cleaning lady come every day doing the best she could given the conditions...

Room tip: The motel is in L shape. One site has river-view. Ask for a room with river view.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
checks176, Manager at Riverview Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2017

Thank you for your business. About bathtub we installed new tub with new technology. Inside tub there is anti-slip bathtub coating. If you have time,please check web site tub-pro.com and this company installed here and this one is good for all ages people. I apologize for your grandson. About parking lot It is mis-understanding I told that is not easy to find out in small town but we already done by Jon Paving Ltd. Welland., we renovated last year and it is new. I want re-coating for life durability. Anyway I apologize for any inconvenience.

Reviewed June 20, 2017

Dunnville is a nice little town....some nice places to visit .....Finding accommodation's is another thing.
BEFORE you commit to booking any room from this stank place please take my advice.
1- Make sure you really need to stay there
2-Do not trust any online booking agency with rates or online experiences of staying at this place; THE booking site we used cheated us and the Motel was so below standards.
3-If you need to stay here PLease look into the room you plan to stay in before paying....YOU MAY GET STUCK PAYING FOR SOMETHING YOU WOULD NOT KEEP YOUR PET IN OVERNIGHT.
4- Make sure if you wanted a king room you get one....WE got stuck paying for a room smaller than we paid for online....and did not get our overcharge monies back....

The Motel is situated on the lovely scenic Grand River BUT there are no doors or sliders to get to the back river unless you go through the front - very inconvenient....
It is a shame the place is not suitable for most folks.
WE were so glad to leave....feeling sick after the awful smell in the room. We were not well rested or happy. We could not wake up early enough to get out of Dodge !

Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed June 20, 2017

Had a great stay at Riverview. The grounds are fantastic. We sat outside, weather was very nice. There is a firepit and BBQ. I heard some people fish from the docks behind the hotel. would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2017 via mobile

I was there for 2 nights for business. It was a peaceful place. Check in was hassle free. Everything was exactly same as I saw in the pictures. Most amazing part is that this property is right on river and Awesome view of river out of my room. Really friendly owners and had a wonderful stay. Rooms are nice and clean. will recommend this place 100%.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2017 via mobile

Called and made a reservation. They called me back 1/2 hour later to tell me that I could not have a room because my name was Stephanie. Apparently someone else named Stephanie had 2 dogs and ruined a room. Based on this other person I was not welcome. After telling them several times that I dont own 2 dogs nor have I ever and that it wasn't me, they agreed to give me a room. Then they called me again and asked me to spell my name. Odd?! They gave me a smoke free room that stank like cigarettes and had a giant wet puddle on the carpet flooring. Our room also had a large fridge not plugged in and extention cords running all over. There were also crumbs all in the bedding a lack of hot water. When I told them all this the next morning they informed me that because my name is in fact Stephanie they gave me a standard room instead of a premium room and thats why its like that. Place was gross and staff were rude. My advice: Dont stay here! There is another hotel about 5 minutes up the road :)

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Stephanie F