“Did not vacuum or clean bathroom for entire week.”
Review of Riverview Motel

Riverview Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Dunnville
Reviewed January 25, 2013

A group of 5 men rented this accommodation for a week this January 2013 for work in Haldimand County, we rented this based on Trip Advisor comments. When arriving, we were expecting the basic roadside motel accommodations. The beds were fine, the decor was fine, but the overall cleanliness of the room was not fine. We had 3 rooms booked, 2 of the rooms had 2 people and the 3rd had one person, we were seeking accommodations for a possible 3 month stay. Over our week, our beds were made daily, fresh towels were brought in, the owners courteous, but not once was the room vacuumed or the bathroom cleaned. On day 2 we went to the dollar store to buy sponges and cleaner. Each day we would come back from work and see the same gum wrapper on the floor and the floors clearly not cleaned nor anything else in the room. Each day,only the beds were made and towels were laid out. On the 3rd day I went to the front desk annoyed, mentioned the room hadn't been vacuumed and asked "Do you have a vacuum I could use?" The owner told me where I could get one and I went back and vacuumed my own room. During the same conversation he also asked me if I wanted to book back for the next week, politely we declined.
This reservation coming in during a slow business period, 3 rooms x $75 per day x 5 days x 12 weeks is a lot of money lost, for simply laziness. In short, no I would not recommend the room. There are many rooms in Simcoe and outside of Hamilton. This reservation was made under an Archaelogy firm at this hotel for work on the Summerhaven Wind Project.

Room Tip: Check out the Travelodge, Comfort Inn or Best Western in Simcoe.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank WendyCanada
zinas, Owner at Riverview Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear Valued Customer,

We sincerely apologize that your stay at Riverview Motel didn't exceed your expectations. Unfortunately you were not dealing with the owners, it was management, and as the owners we are going to offer you three free rooms for a week for free. Customer satisfaction is of utmost importance to us and we ensure that a full investigation will be launched immediately. Again, we are sorry and look forward to accomodating you again in the future.

George and Zina

Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

The place is clean and for 75 bucks can't really complain. Unfortunately we had people near us that was blasting their music for longer then what should have been allowed. It is on the river and for an extra 15 bucks you can get a riverview room, but honestly this is a place you stop, sleep and leave.

The positives side to this though is that the rooms are all concrete which makes for quiet rooms (except when folks are blasting music or yelling outside your room)

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed May 25, 2012

The Riverview Motel in Dunville, Ontario is a wonderful Motel, from the first step into their doors until the last. The staff & owners were extremely helpful, friendly and hospitable. We stayed in room 20; the river view room. We really didn't want to leave that place and decided to extend our stay for one more day.

Other than the fact that the room was clean and the beds were comfortable, we were pleased to see that WI-FI and parking was included in the room price.

The location of the hotel is on point! Everything is within walking distance. The best part about this Motel is it's location, where you can sit by the riverside and watch the sunset and sunrise, wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 what an amazing site and feeling. It's worth the price and sitting by the fire at night with other guests adds to the value that words cannot express.

Room Tip: We requested to view other rooms and believe me no matter what room you take, they are all the same...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Shain K
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I am a very picky customer when it comes to hotels & surroundings and am a frequent traveller both for business and pleasure. Over the long weekend I was looking for a relaxing place to stay and am so glad that I found Riverview Motel in Dunville. Our experience from the time we arrived to the time we checked out was excellent. Even though we met the owners for the first time, they made us feel like family and the hospitality was unbelieveably fantastic. We were given the rooms facing the river, wow what a view. Rooms were amazingly clean and beds were very comfortable. We enjoyed sitting by the fire set up by the owners and it was an excellent way to network with other guests. We made new friends, enjoyed our drinks and the beautiful river view. The entire experience was very relaxing and we are thinking of going there again this weekend with more friends. We highly highly recommend anyone wanting to relax or wanting a romantic gateaway to consider Riverview Motel in Dunnville. I cannot express my views but recommend that you experience the amazing stay and enjoy every second of your stay.

Room Tip: Ask for riverview rooms but even the other rooms are good. Pool is across the street.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Comfy beds, refrigerators keep the "pops" cold, ample parking for the boat. All in all, OK.
The people running it were OK, and pleasant, and really seemed to care if we were enjoying our stay. That’s a plus.
The locals were interested in what we caught and how much, that’s pretty cool too.
The room had a little musty smell, but we aired it out during our stay, and I did notice the Caulking instead of Grout but really, who cares.
It was quiet, clean, safe, by the river, AYCE Chinese Restaurant next door, with working TV, AC and Fridge.

BTW I caught NOTHING!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Terrible. This is the first time I have written a review. My stay at the Riverview was so bad I had to warn others. I stay in motels a few times a month when working away from home. I was working in the Dunnville area last week (March 2012) and realized by lunch time I wouldn’t finish the job that day. Rather than drive the 4 hours home after work, I drove into town to find a room for the evening. I arrived at the Riverview, paid my $72 and was given the key to the room beside the office. I didn’t check the room, I went back to work and arrived back at the Motel at 10 pm. When I opened the door it smelled like the room had not been aired out in a very long time. Someone had also decided to use caulking instead of grout between the tiles in the shower and it had a layer mold growing on the latex caulking. When I touched the bistro table in the room it felt sticky so I wiped it with a wet tissue and the tissue was Black! The pillow stunk and there were weird bugs in the room. I also was not given a receipt and was told $72 was the cash price. I stay in a lot of private motels and this was by far the worst.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank belmaskin
zinas, Owner at Riverview Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Hello belmaskin,
I am sorry that you were not happy with your stay at the Riverview Motel.(if this is where you stayed) looking through our registration records we have no record indicating that you stayed with us in the month of March 2012(Owen Sound address)we would really appreciate your help if you would provide us with the following information, your name, the date you stayed with us, room number you stayed in and who served you male/female, if you could also provide the description of the vehicle you would have been driving that day.By giving us this information it will give us other ways to check if you did indeed stay at the Riverview Motel.
Management

Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed 2 nites at the end of November at the Riverview Motel for my son's hockey tournament. The motel was clean and the staff very friendly. It was an OLD motel needing major updating. The heating system was VERY NOISY, so much so that it was hard to sleep every time the heat came on throughout the night. The beds were comfortable enough and the towels/linens clean. It seems like the perfect location for"fishermen" - being right on the Grand River. If you are looking for a weekend away, this is not the place.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunnville
Best Western Plus Rose City Suites
The Reeve Bed and Breakfast
Country Inn Motel
Country Inn Motel
#1 of 2 in Dunnville

Been to Riverview Motel? Share your experiences!