“Perfect stay”

Beachgate Guest House
Ranked #4 of 27 Stonehaven B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed at the Beachgate for two nights April 2013. I was greeted by Alan who gave me a warm and friendly welcome, after a hard days work in Aberdeen this was what I needed.
Room was perfect and very clean. Bathroom was only two feet away and this too was spotless. Slept very well, 10 out of 10.
My first breakfast was a packed box due to work commitments, this was so big and tasty it lasted me all day!!
Second night just as good. Nice walk along the beach, the views from bedroom window were superb! Second breakfast was the best I have seen in a B&B !The choice was varied and if i had more time and bigger trousers i would have had it all!! I would recommend the Beachgate to anybody that wants 1st class friendly service and great views walks, hosts. All in all a braw B&B that I will certainly be going back to.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Beachgate guest house for one night in March, and it was excellent. Ideally located for either a stroll into Stonehaven or along the water, the view from my bedroom window was first class. Although I was only there one night, Alan and his mother went out of their way, including preparing a 3-course breakfast that was absolutely delicious. I was travelling on business, and was able to walk in, set up and work without any hassle whatsoever. If I'm ever back in Stonehaven, I'll know where I'm staying.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2013

"Alan's hospitality can not be overestimated. The kindness he showed to me after I nearly got hypothermia (after an ill-thought out swim on the coldest day of the year...) will be remembered.

This B&B was immaculate and well deserving of it's recent upgrade to five stars.

Douglas"

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CW462
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed in Stonehaven during a terrible storm so we had the place to ourselves. Alan was a great host and the room was very comfortable (if a little dated). The only bad thing was one of the windows had a bad seal, which we wouldn't have even noticed if there weren't 60mph winds all night. It sounded like a tea kettle blowing so we didn't get much sleep.

The location was great, right on the beach and 5 minute walk to the harbor. Beautiful floor-to-ceiling windows in the living/dining room which made watching the waves very relaxing. We would stay here again, but aim for nicer weather!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mcleas
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Wonderful find tucked away down an alley to the beach. Very comfortable; bed, bathroom, dining all excellent. Heating was on! Lovely views of the beach. Hosts are very attentative and welcoming. Huge, delicious breakfast. Just 5-10 m inute beach path walk from the little fishing port with good selection of restaurants (and in other parts of town as well). We ate at the Ships Inn which was very pleasant and good value.
Beachgate was good value considering the level of service. Convenient for Aberdeen (20 minutes to City centre)

Room Tip: The double with a separate bath is smaller but the bathroom is huge. The downstairs double is excel...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was absolutely the best lodging during our trip in 5 different cities. Allan is a wonderful host. His mom was so sweet. The house was beautiful, spotless, and comfortable. Breakfast was fantastic. The town has spectacular views of the Norh sea. Do not miss Dunnottar Castle. It is breath taking.

Room Tip: You must get a view of the Sea. We were upstairs on the end. (Sorry I don't remember the room nu...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Over all the place was spotless well looked after such warm and friendly family with a proud Grandmother rightly so of her grand children who have done so well hard working son Allan made us so welcome with a breakfast second to none thanks again joe and Gillian Campbell East Lothian

• Stayed: August 2012