“lovely food”

The Stack Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #8 of 37 Restaurants in Stonehaven
Cuisines: Seafood, Gastropub, British, Scottish
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Stack Restaurant and Bar,where you'll find locally sourced, seasonal food which has been attentively prepared and served in a relaxed and welcoming environment, alongside a well -stocked Bar. Situated in the coastal village of Muchalls, just off the A90, and 10 minutes from Aberdeen, the restaurant derives its name from the sea stacks located on the beautiful surrounding coastline.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“lovely food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

went to muchalls bistro 2 weeks ago, the food was beautiful and very well priced. the young waiter we had was very polite, and we will certainly be back.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank mitchell625

aberdeen
“anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

went here for an anniversary meal and was not disappointed, wonderful choice on the menu with great seafood and pasta specials wonderful service and have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant

Visited September 2012
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently impressive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

The candles were all little when we arrived, it was nice and cosy, just what you need in this weather!

Excellent cauliflower and champagne soup and fresh bread for starters.

Wine was nice, Italian Chardonnay, one of 2 white house wines by the glass. My husband had a smooth red Sangiovese which was very good.

Main course. I had the Sea Bass and king prawns with stir fried vegetables. It was excellent.
My husband had corn fed chicken supreme which he enjoyed too.

Creme brûlée for dessert, again very nice.

It was a busy night as it was valentines day so the atmosphere was good. Despite being busy the service was very friendly and punctual.

Only downside is that the restaurant has an old fashioned kind of smell, certainly won't put me off going back as the food/service is so good, however the proprietors would be wise to address this.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank MichaelaNovak
Stonehaven, United Kingdom
“Lovely food at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have been hearing good things about the Bistro for ages, but never managed to eat there, so my Mum decided to have her birthday lunch here.

The food was exceptional. All the dishes were cooked to perfection and were very tasty. Nothing pretentious, just good honest fresh food.

The price of the meal was very reasonable for the quality received. There were also some advertisements for theme nights such as Seafood, French and Italian which have set menus which looked fun and were very affordable.

The only thing that was slightly lacking was the atmosphere, but that was probably because it was a cold snowy January Sunday afternoon, and there was only 1 other family in there. I am planning to go back soon on a weekend evening and imagine there will be a difference.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank CapnHef
Aberdeen, Scotland
“The Muchalls Bistro is a charming gem of a restaurant! Not pretentious but food and drink is top notch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Went there today for lunch with my wife and 2 young children. This a a family run business and its the 2nd time I've been, the first being 3 years ago. It was as good today as it was then if not better.

We had soup for starters and it was perfect. I like nice crusty bread with my soup and for it to be hot and that's what we got.

My wife had pheasant lasagna for main and I has pigeon. We were both very pleased but I preferred my choice!

The desserts were amazing. I had the bistro expresso special.

The wine was superb. It was by the glass as I wanted red (Sangiovese) and my wife wanted white which was a beautiful Pinot Grigio from California.

3 years gap was too long so we booked and evening table for next month!

Do your taste buds a favour and check this place out!