“Hands down the best Fish and Chips I've ever had.”

The Bay Fish & Chips
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Stonehaven
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
London, United Kingdom
“Hands down the best Fish and Chips I've ever had.”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I've eaten many fish suppers in and around the east coast of Scotland. This establishment is simply stunning and well deserving of the tag best Fish and Chip Shop in the UK.

It's simple food, sustainably sourced, cooked fresh to order. So tasty, Take away only - but Fish and Chips is only right when eaten in a take away style, and with lovely views and bracing breeze from the north sea only serves to heighten the enjoyment of such simple food perfectly cooked.

Do not miss this place if you are in the vicinity.

• Visited November 2012

• Greek first
  • Polish first
London
“Worth the queue”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

The queue was 15 mins and they take your order half way round which makes it quite a smooth operation, great fish and chips , watch out for specials such as hand dived scallops

Stockton-on-Tees, England, United Kingdom
“good food nice staff”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

wish I had tried some of the other things on offer but just had fish & chips and they were very nice, and I had to have Scotland's national drink too, Iron Brew (made from girders ).

the Q was very long but you do not wait long at all as the staff are very fast

• Visited June 2013
“Chip and Cheerful”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and a friend and I had heard rave review about The Bay so we had to check it out and we were not disapointed.

Our first visit was on a busy Sunday afternoon, which meant a bit off a wait.

In the end the wait heighten our anticipation without dampening our excitement.

We all had stand haddock and a mixture of chips and sides. My wife said the mushy peas were the best she had had. The fish was among the best we have had in our tours of Scotland.

The tables in the park around the corner were a welcome setting to enjoy our dinner.

The ice cream shop next door was tempting however we were full our fish and chips.

London, England
“The best fish and chip shop in the UK!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Believe it or not I stumbled upon this fish and chip shop by accident having flown into Aberdeen and was half starved making my way to Dundee. I headed to the coast off the main road and parked up in Stonehaven and was staggered to see a fish and chip shop with so many awards including best UK fish and chip ship 2013.

The impressive thing for me is that they explain exactly where the fish comes from and even where the potatoes are from. The queue was long but moved pretty quickly.

The fish and chips were simply excellent, smothered in salt and vinegar and with curry sauce to dip it in. Big chunks of haddock in a batter that was neither heavy or greasy.

All in all, just couldn't fault it and all the better for finding it by accident. I would travel froma different town for these fish and chips.