“Home from Home”

Woodside of Glasslaw Guest House
Ranked #9 of 27 Stonehaven B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Aileen Paton greets you like a long time friend and makes you feel so welcome the minute you walk through the door. The guest house is so relaxing, welcoming and you do feel like you're at home. She welcomed us and our 2 dogs and nothing was too much trouble for her. Breakfast was fantastic with such a great choice and she caters for special diets. I would certainly stay here again next time I'm back in the area and i will be recommending the guest house to everyone I know

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Woodside of Glasslaw Guest House

Reviewed April 6, 2012

The owner, Mrs Aileen Paton, is the most friendly host you'll find in Scotland. She offers a nice, calm and relaxed place just outside of Stonehaven (1,5 miles) and I think her guesthouse reflects her way to welcome her guests. It's well kept and the friendly hosts, (Aileen and her husband Doug), will give you a lot of hints of what's interesting to see or enjoy in the area. One morning, my wife just went along on the morning walk with the dogs and got the grand tour in the close forest area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I chose this B&B based on reviews from tripadvisor, and I couldn't have been happier. The setting is absolutely beautiful and the rooms are large and comfortable. We got going a bit late for breakfast and Aileen wouldn't let us leave until we ate. She is an amazing person and gave us wonderful advice about where to visit while we were there. I would recommend this B&B to everyone.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Aileen is such a nice and friendly person who makes you feel at home. The b&b is immaculate through out and have absolutely no complaints. The breakfast was lovely and had a good choice of cereals to fry-ups. If or when I am back up in the area I wood stay here before anywhere else. I don't normaly make comments about places but a felt this is a little gem that should be experianced. James Burns

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I live in a coastal village close to Stonehaven and stayed with Aileen & Doug during building works at my home. From arrival to departure, my experience at Woodside of Glasslaw was thoroughly enjoyable. The accommodation is accurately reflected on the website but the atmosphere and customer care has to be experienced to complete the picture. My mobility issues were minimised as the B & B was very accessible and Aileen, Doug and the staff provided every assistance. I will recommend Woodside of Glasslaw to any traveller. I will vist again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at Woodside of Glasslaw in May of this year. We enjoyed the very welcoming hospitality of Aileen for 2 nights. This is a lovely property, and the rooms are very comfortable, bright and clean. Breakfasts were "made to order," good and fulfilling getting you ready for the day. While Woodside of Glasslaw is in the countryside, it is close to the highway and therefore a quick drive to Aberdeen to the north or a little longer to Dundee and Perth to the south. Stonehaven is a lovely town, lots of shopping and eateries here too.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Our priorities were to be within easy distance of Stonehaven where we have family and to find somewhere that accepted dogs - and what a good find Woodside of Glasslaw was. In an extended bungalow type property, everything is on one level, with the parking close to the door. The views of the beautiful countryside are wonderful and there is the added attraction of a lovely wood in which to walk dogs right on the doorstep. The bedrooms are large, comfortable and clean and boast an ensuite bathroom as well as tea/coffee making facilities. The breakfast room and conservatory are spacious and comfortable. Aileen is an excellent hostess and offers a huge choice of cold and hot food at breakfast which really sets you up for the day.
An excellent find, we would highly recommend this B&B.
Thank you Aileen for all your hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonehaven
Ship Inn
BayView Bed & Breakfast
BayView Bed & Breakfast
#2 of 27 in Stonehaven
Chapel of Barras Farm Bed & Breakfast

Been to Woodside of Glasslaw Guest House? Share your experiences!