“Neil Diamond blaring in your ears & overpriced burgers !”
Review of Maggie May's

Maggie May's
Ranked #17 of 39 Restaurants in Stonehaven
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stopped in here for something to eat and there was three tables already occupied. We ordered coffees and 2 burgers. The girl went away and came back and said the burgers would take 20 minutes to cook, we said that was ok, but could we get our coffee now as we were cold from outside.

After serving us she chatted to the table of 4 girls sitting in front of us. Then an older lady came out and spoke to them as well. They spoke about Neil Diamond to the older lady, who then went to turn his music up even louder!!! So the girls were shouting to be heard!

The burgers came and the bun at the bottom was really soggy with the onions, and we both agreed that we couldn't see the value in the £6.95 tag they had put on it.

My husband had finished his coffee and wanted another and tried to catch the waitress' attention to no avail.

The table of girls were now at the counter and screetching and one of them was even behind the counter - I take it that she works there. Hug, hug, kiss, kiss, christmas wishes & shouting through to the kitchen.

My husband went up to the counter to ask for another coffee as there had not been a waitress on the floor for quite some time due to the socialising, only to be told that they had already switched off the machine because they would be closing today at 4pm, it was still about 3.50 and my husband had been trying to get a second coffee for quite a while.

I finished up, my husband paid the bill, but they got no tip & we ALWAYS tip for good service.
I would NOT recommend this place. I think they get customers because once you park your car in Stonehaven and look around there they are, not because there is a choice and they are good.

2  Thank DiPhoto911

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

The best hot chocolate in the area, great and diverse specials, and really yummy home made cakes. The brunch specials are to try too!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

A great place to drop for a coffee or snack in whilst in Stonehaven. Very attentive and friendly staff complement great food and genuine home baking which is very reasonably priced. The Cullen Skink is highly recommended. The Aberdeen area needs more places like Maggie Mays.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Dropped into this small cafe for a snack lunch. Tables were well laid out and clean, Other guests were clearly enjoying the food. With menus on the table we were easily able to decide what we wanted and very shortly after putting the menus down a lady to our order. I was simply soups rolls and soft drinks. The drinks quickly arrived, shortly followed by the soups. The glasses, crockery and cutlery were all immaculate having been clearly well washed. The soup was perfecrt for my taste but for my wife it was little too salty, Overall I would be more than happy to return next time I am in Stonehaven.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stopped in on way south homewards as we wanted clear of Aberdeen Friday traffic jams, but wanted a quality winter warmer bite to eat for lunch. I had the Cullen sandwich combo, wife had baked tatie, son had Aberdeen Angus chilli burger .
(Real burger not frozen), daughter had chilli an nachos which was a large portion but out of all the meals the weakest (bit bland not enough chilli) but perhaps that is a taste think as all of the other meals were fab. The real tea cups and saucers "made" the tea special though, we'll done and the cakes looked great, next time....... As it was so nicely laid out and staff v attentive when asked by our daughter for creme fresh for chilli....