“Can't argue with the Number 1 rating”

Chapel of Barras Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 27 Stonehaven B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 23, 2013

An excellent B&B with David & Michelle providing a warm welcome. My room was large and comfortable with a walk-in wardrobe and a spotlessly clean bathroom. Delicious breakfast with good choice and much of it home made. I loved the bread! It was great to be out in the country with the smell of newly cut paddocks and the sound of tractors carting newly harvested barley. (The tractor noise stopped in the evening.) They are conveniently located close to attractions such as Dunottar Castle (a must see).

A very professional B&B and highly recommended. You must stay here!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank MuzzaBallina
There are newer reviews for Chapel of Barras Farm Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Michelle and her home was my first stay in Scottish B&B.
Their home was my home !
Using the position from their site I reached the home in 3 minutes using my Navigon in IPhone.
awesome large room , pleace like heaven deeply located on the hills, silence , gorgeous view from our window , lovely breakfast and a long talk with them, what better for me? impossibile, when I remember this place and people I feel a warm and perfect emotion. Dunnottar is really close , Stonehaven too, fantastic places, you can stay here for an perfect experience. Only who wants live in a city would be not able to enjoy staying here! perfect !

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank maori60
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Michelle and David were very friendly and their B&B comfortable and modern. The bathroom was spacious and clean. The breakfast was delicious with haggis and black pudding for those who wanted them.

David's recommendation for an evening meal was perfect (see separate review of The Creel Inn).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Matthew H
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We can´t say anything bad about Chapel of barras, everything was perfect! We were welcomed by David and his only concern was our comfort. The rooms are very clean, comfortables and you have all of you need, the bathroom is so perfect. The breakfast is so delicious and you can choose from a lot of different options, specially their home made pancakes and muesli!! David and Michelle are really nice people. It has been our best B&B in our trip to Scotland. 100% recommended. It was a pity to leave this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pequeña E
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We spent one night at the Chapel of Barras and we wished we had booked more nights. The house is located in a green and peaceful surroundings. Our room was spacious and clean, and the view from our window was absolutely beautiful. David and Michelle are great hosts, they made us feel at home. Breakfast was delicious! I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ana Ana L
Reviewed August 3, 2013

All I can say is excellent. We stayed here for 3 nights and everything was perfect. David and Michelle leave nothing out, they know how to please their guests. Our room was very spacious with a beautiful ensuite. Breakfast was delicious, this included bread baked by Michelle. Highly recommend and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Have never felt it necessary to post on this website but having stayed here one night earlier this week I felt I had to! Possibly the best overnight stay I've ever had in the UK whether on business or for pleasure. David and Michelle have thought of absolutely everything and could not be more helpful or welcoming. Amazing accommodation and breakfast. And for once in my life there were plenty of plugs, I didn't have to look under the bed for them and the wifi was also brilliant! This turned a business trip into more of a holiday, will definitely be returning. Amazing value for money and has fully restored my faith in B&B's.

Room Tip: Would recommend to anyone but as a female travelling on business alone, I don't think this could...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonehaven
Ship Inn
#1 of 27 in Stonehaven
Belvedere Hotel
Belvedere Hotel
#16 of 27 in Stonehaven

Been to Chapel of Barras Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!