“You will not be disappointed.”

Chapel of Barras Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 27 Stonehaven B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“You will not be disappointed.”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

All I can say is excellent. We stayed here for 3 nights and everything was perfect. David and Michelle leave nothing out, they know how to please their guests. Our room was very spacious with a beautiful ensuite. Breakfast was delicious, this included bread baked by Michelle. Highly recommend and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Have never felt it necessary to post on this website but having stayed here one night earlier this week I felt I had to! Possibly the best overnight stay I've ever had in the UK whether on business or for pleasure. David and Michelle have thought of absolutely everything and could not be more helpful or welcoming. Amazing accommodation and breakfast. And for once in my life there were plenty of plugs, I didn't have to look under the bed for them and the wifi was also brilliant! This turned a business trip into more of a holiday, will definitely be returning. Amazing value for money and has fully restored my faith in B&B's.

Room Tip: Would recommend to anyone but as a female travelling on business alone, I don't think this could...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We just spend 1 night at Chapel of Barras, and we noticed the place was perfect! Wish we could have stayed longer. Very spacious room with great hosts, and excellent breakfast. If you are traveling by car this is your place where to stop for sure. A different experience, highly recommended.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Airdrie, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2013

A wonderful 2 night stay. Everything was just perfect....even the weather !
Will definitely return here soon ! Spotlessly clean spacious bedroom and bathroom !
Delicious homebaking and super breakfast menu. Friendly, helpful owners who know the area so well. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had a brilliant stay at the Chapel of Barras B&B in June. The bedrooms are so airy, windows looking out to the fields and the farm, the bathrooms are so spacious, all in all superior to many other B&B’s we have stayed in. The baked treats that welcomed us in our bedrooms were wonderful. The location is just beautiful, just a few minutes from Stonehaven, an ideal spot to stay and tour the many castles in the area. Our hosts couldn’t have been more accommodating, helpfully advising us on our exploration of the area – thank you David and Michelle! The Scottish breakfast was absolutely delicious!!! I’m hungry thinking about it now! I would highly recommend this B&B as it was just ideal and it was such a pleasure for my family and I to stay there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ariana R
orkney islands
Reviewed July 4, 2013

A lovely country location, friendly welcome and beautifully designed new addition to farmhouse. The room was calm after a busy day at work, with most attractive furniture and furnishings. Very tasteful, lovely colours, great bathroom.
Breakfast was worth getting up for, definitely one of the best breakfasts I have had when travelling. Well actually better than the ones I have at home as well. Lovely fresh fruit, selection of breads and really tasty eggs. Definitely one to go back to. In fact I should not be telling you, they may be full next time I try to book !

Room Tip: I am sure all the rooms are lovely
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank marion_s661
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights before our wedding at the Dunnottar Castle in Scotland. We were immediately welcomed into David and Michelle's house and shown to our very clean, spacious and comfortable room with an incredible view! After a good nights sleep we woke up and enjoyed a great, homemade Scottish breakfast and went out to enjoy Stonehaven. The day we were to check out they were nice enough to allow my wife to stay longer than checkout to prepare for our wedding that day. There were very personable and welcoming and when we return to Scotland we will definitely stay with them again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonehaven
Ship Inn
Belvedere Hotel
Belvedere Hotel
#14 of 27 in Stonehaven
Woodside of Glasslaw Guest House

Been to Chapel of Barras Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!