“Excellent Stay”

Schonwald Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #16 of 27 Stonehaven B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was unable to get a hotel in Aberdeen where I had early morning meetings so looked a little further afield and found this wonderful B&B. Unlike others I tried I was charged the full rate for single occupancy of a double room so didn't feel ripped off - the tariff represented excellent value for money. The room I was offered had character was spotlessly clean, excellent shower and good quality TV. The breakfast was freshly cooked and was delicious, and kept me well fed for most of the day. Christine was very welcoming – the perfect host.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night through work .The room was great and the breakfast was super .Very clean and tidy well worth a look .Christine and Ron are very welcoming and you feel like part of there family .The garden area out the front of the house looks lovely with all the bonnie flowers .

Room Tip: Room 3 was great
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were originally supposed to stay somewhere else, but there was a mix up at the other place and we ended up at Schonwald. I was so glad because it was my favorite of all the B&B's we stayed at in the UK. We only stayed one night, but Christine was so friendly and the room was so nice, comfortable, and large that I wanted to stay longer. My favorite thing was the European bird guide on the windowsill. She really does think of all the little things! Also, the included wifi was fast enough that I could Facetime my family back in the states.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Christine welcomed us as we arrived at the Schonwald B&B as we were part of her familiy. Our room was, as the whole house, beautifully decoratet. The breakfast was delicious... try the healthy option, you will not regret it. The bathroom had a wonderful rain-shower and was very clean. We only missed a little refrigerator to cool the cider. Nevertheless we would recommend the Schönwald (german spelling) to everybody, (who is mobile).
I think, Christine loves what she is doing and you will feel that if you stay at her B&B.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is a superb bed and breakfast, Christine is so welcoming , full range of healthy and not so healthly option for breakfast served in a lovely family kitchen whilst watching the pheasant strut his stuff outside th patio doors. Quality of accomodation is second to non, with the added extra of a very comfy guest lounge. There is also a very good pub just up the lane with excellent food. Perfect !

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We only stayed one night but would have liked to stay longer. In a peaceful location, spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated. Lovely breakfast, I had the healthy option. Christine was very welcoming, friendly and helpful.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2011

After 3 weeks of B&Bs this has to be the best. The place was well designed, maintained and spotless. It was an oasis after the rat race of Aberdeen. The bedroom was roomy and tastefully decorated. The healthy breakfast option was the best and a welcome change. Christine is the perfect host even when I almost forgot to pay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple