“Brilliant ! ”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Went down to Molly's as a last minute decision with the family in the holidays....it was lovely ! Great seat by the window..fantastic service...fabulous food and a really enjoyable evening !
Well done Molly's we will be back soon thank you !

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Lovely down to earth place that we landed at for lunch purely by chance. We were both very impressed at how busy it was, yet the efficient service and speed the food came. Burger was lovely - must be home made. Did have wee seedy things in it that got a bit sickening though as the taste was overpowering. Chips on my plate were a bit full of oil compared to chips on other plates. (I suffer from "chip envy") A lovely selection of puddings too. Will be back!

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Having visited Molly's before, my mum and I thought we would pop in to get a takeaway hot chocolate and a cake to take away. However, upon entering the cafe we were "greeted" by an older woman who was rather short and uninterested in our order. We were told we could stand a wait to be served. As we did so one member of staff carried on making coffees for the THREE tables that had ordered before us (not a problem). Whilst this happened the older lady carried on what we presume was training two new members of staff. (Also, not a problem)

Once all the orders were out to the tables the older lady stood next to my mum by the bar with her two trainees and watched everyone eating. Still clearly not interested in our order. The younger girl behind the bar went through the back to get a box, looked at myself and my mum to then turn around and carry on opening her box and occupying herself with other jobs. With all orders out and being completely ignored we naturally left. Absolutely dreadful customer service. Having been a customer for a relatively long time they have now lost two customers and will be sure to share my experience with anyone who even mentions this place.

On a happier note I would like to say that their main competitor a couple of doors down made a fantastic hot chocolate and had excellent customer services. Personally I thank Molly's for making us go there.

1  Thank Dotty9030
Reviewed March 21, 2014

My husband and I had dinner on a Friday night. The portions were large and the food good. Service was friendly and prompt. The only complaint was that the wine was a bit pricey.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Have used Molly's Cafe for several years & they always provide good tea or coffee & an unfortunate amount of home baked fare including the usual cakes& scones etc.....can get busy & noisy but especially if you have a sweet tooth you should try it !!!