“Avoid at all costs”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant used to be brilliant then I am assuming that new management took over and now the place is full of young workers who care nothing for their jobs. We were sat unserved for 25 minutes as the young waitresses were more interested in chatting to each other and serving a table who were presumably their friends. Left having ordered out drinks. We will not be returning

3  Thank AlexCross23

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Visited Molly's recently and it's not improved since the last time I was there. I actually asked if they had overcharged me as it seemed very expensive (£10 for two hot drinks and two scones) but no, it is very expensive for the poor quality of food. The staff have improved since my last visit though - they were quite pleasant. The scones weren't fresh - they were so dry they were difficult to swallow and the microwaving just made them worse. It's a great pity that Molly's isn't what it used to be as it's situation on the seafront is perfect for popping in after a walk. I will keep going but may give the scones a miss next time!

2  Thank memac-mountain
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I feel this place is very expensive for a cafe. The layout is not good and everyone is crammed in together.

1  Thank littlereddevilag
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our experience at Mollies was extremely disappointing. Having eaten here over several years, experiencing he many changes there have been, this was by far the most disappointing visit.
The waitress was so quick coming to take the order we barely had time to pick up the menu. She came over as being very abrupt!! Unfortunate manner???
The menu has definately changed over the years, they have a wide and varied choice, but it has clearly been printed on a budget!!
Prices are very high for the surroundings, with a breakfast at £8.50, average for some places!! However filled rolls-- 1 item £3.20. 2 items £380 (yes £380 probably, we hope a printing error). 3 items £2.05. Notice anything odd??? On top of this there are several repairs needing done to the bathroom, not least of which is a door that sticks shut!
Overall a poor experience! Sorry Mollie but based on previous experience we expected more!!
Guess we will go back to eating at the Royal Hotel in the Main Street where we have never been disappointed.

2  Thank Sheila9292
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stumbled upon this cafe whilst visiting Aunty Betty's. Very nice view out to the sea from the cafe but unfortunately the cafe doesn't have much else going for it. The cafe was busy so we expected it was good. When entering we were pointed to where we could sit, unfortunately there was no menu in the window and when we looked at the menu we realised why! The prices, I felt, were very high for what you got. I ordered a baked potato with tuna and this was £8.00! The potato was very large but it was only a potato! It had tuna on it (no mayo) and a side salad. My hubby ordered a burger and chips £10.95. He asked for bacon on the burger, which was £1 extra and asked if it came with coleslaw, to which the waiters reply was "yes". The meal arrived and it was just a burger in a bun with bacon on it! No salad inside or relish, it was very bland and dry. There were chips and a small side salad but NO coleslaw. In all we paid £30 for the meals and drinks each. I feel this was excessive for a lunch time meal, I wouldn't of minded paying that if the food was good but that was not the case and if there had been a menu in the window we would not of gone in. A nice spot for a cafe but food and prices let it down. Will not be visiting again or recommending.

3  Thank Sarah L