“Disappointing”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Brechin, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stumbled upon this cafe whilst visiting Aunty Betty's. Very nice view out to the sea from the cafe but unfortunately the cafe doesn't have much else going for it. The cafe was busy so we expected it was good. When entering we were pointed to where we could sit, unfortunately there was no menu in the window and when we looked at the menu we realised why! The prices, I felt, were very high for what you got. I ordered a baked potato with tuna and this was £8.00! The potato was very large but it was only a potato! It had tuna on it (no mayo) and a side salad. My hubby ordered a burger and chips £10.95. He asked for bacon on the burger, which was £1 extra and asked if it came with coleslaw, to which the waiters reply was "yes". The meal arrived and it was just a burger in a bun with bacon on it! No salad inside or relish, it was very bland and dry. There were chips and a small side salad but NO coleslaw. In all we paid £30 for the meals and drinks each. I feel this was excessive for a lunch time meal, I wouldn't of minded paying that if the food was good but that was not the case and if there had been a menu in the window we would not of gone in. A nice spot for a cafe but food and prices let it down. Will not be visiting again or recommending.

3 Thank Sarah L

• Greek first
Newtonhill, United Kingdom
“I am not impressed”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Went to Molly's cafe today and what a let down, took my Grandchildren for lunch to Molly's , the kids ordered pancake us I did, they got there and I had to wait nearly 20 minutes. Sorry but not good enough, if I did not have the Grand children there I would have walked. It will be a long time before I will got to Molly's again

1 Thank murrayk2006
Fife
“Good Stopping Off Point”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We found this gem about 4 years ago when we were on our way to a long weekend in Aberdeen and were looking for a snack lunch. Molly's provides this (and lots more) in a lovely buzzy atmosphere, with very friendly staff. On our most recent visit, I enjoyed my usual soup and toastie while my wife had an enormous portion of pate. She'd actually also ordered a main course, but was allowed to cancel this when she saw the size of the starter !!! Excellent, homely food, great value for money. The only disappointment last Friday was the presence of a haar which meant we couldn't really see the sea ! We'll be back next time we're in the area.

1 Thank nigel_duthie
ASHIEBASH, General Manager at Molly's Cafe Bar, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Sorry we could not improve the view for you. Thank you for your feedback, We're pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us. it's always good to hear from our customers
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Very poor”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have visited this place before and it was good, but it has certainly gone down hill. When we entered on a Sunday afternoon we were immediately told they were only serving the, coffee and cakes. However the staff seemed more interested in serving their teenage friends than other customers. The general attitude pervaded from the manageress down. It looked as if she couldn't be bothered to be there, and we soon felt the same!

We asked if there were any gluten free cakes but were told that as the baker went there they didn't know. The place now has a slightly shabby feel, together with the poor atmosphere we won't be back !

1 Thank Dunoon64
Mollys serves food from10 am until 330 daily then coffee, teas and homebaking from 330 until 5 pm when we resume food service for evening. This has been the case at Mollys for many years now. As the Manager, I was disappointed that you felt my staff were uninterested, and as I was not on duty that afternoon, I can assure you that the staff present are keen to help and friendly to all. I'm sure that their attitude to work doesn't change when I am not present, although peoples perceptions differ greatly.
erith
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Just been to this restaurant and what a find the food is amazing. We suggest give it a go you won't be disappointed

• Visited August 2013
Thank you for your review, so glad that you enjoyed your Smoked Haddock Risotto! Look forward to seeing you again