“Nice setting, ok food”

Molly's Cafe Bar
Ranked #15 of 37 Restaurants in Stonehaven
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Scottish
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Nice setting, ok food”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

A lunch for 2 on a busy Saturday and i decided not to go the the chip shop next door but to Mollyss instead. We both ordered sandwiches, yet not that inspiring but hard to get wrong. One sandwich was dry, very mean with the chili sauce and my one was fine but the really big let down was the salad and tortilla chips that came with it. Can it be so hard to get fresh ones when your busy? The salad was as dry and the sand outside and the cucumber looked liek it had been on the town the night before.

To be fair I did tell the girl when we paid the bill but it was hard to not notice and should perhaps have not been served. Our waitress obviously never lookat at the plate as she picked it up. Anyway, should have just had chips from the chippie.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jemima499

• Greek first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Family meal with baby in buggy”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Just home from a lovely day out at Stonehaven slightly spoiled by our experience at Molly's Cafe. We arrived at 5pm (opening time). There was one other table of two already seated and no queue behind us. I arrived with my son and his friend (aged 10) and my 4 month old baby in her buggy. I asked for a table for 3 with room for the buggy. The waitress looked down her nose and told me that they "don't normally allow buggies". This was apparently because of a lack of space between the tables. Like I say, there was one other table occupied at the time. I was then told that I could take my baby seat off the bottom of the buggy and the baby could sit on top of the table!!! I could hardly believe what I was being told. I politely declined this offer and we left.

I've never experienced this lack of family friendliness in any restaurant or anywhere else with any of my children (and we eat out a lot). We will not be visiting again and I will be telling all my friends with babies to avoid this place at all costs.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Fiona M
“Gotta Love Molly's :))”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The staff are all great, nice & friendly in my expereince, alot of not so good reveiws here & i cant understand why and your never left without a drink in hand, or waiting about to put ur order in. They are a very busy restuarant but if you book in advance you wont be left waiting for a seat.

I've been for various meal at Mollys, but went for my home henny a few months back & had a great time!

They set up a large table for me & my friends, decorated it & had Prosecco (yummy!!) on the tables ready for us all arriving :)
Everyone had such a nice meal, all perfectly timed - eventhough there was about 20 of us, no1 was left waiting for others food to arrive!
Great atmosphere, table set up, food is always perfect :)

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank missmerryweather87
ASHIEBASH, Owner at Molly's Cafe Bar, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Hi there, I haven't actually read your review as I know exactly what its about as it was me you spoke to, Mollys since it opened its doors around ten years ago has had a no pram policy this is due to its lack of floor space which then can become hazardous, for example waiting staff tripping over buggys etc spilling hot food or drinks! this has happened and we certainly do not want this to happen again. we offer high chairs for children. We also offer to store the buggy in a safe place behind our bar so there is not the worry of leaving it outside. If we let one buggy in we then have to accommodate all and we simply don't have the room, im a mother of two children and I understand small babys cant always use a high chair hence my suggestion to take the child in the car seat over to a table. If there was any way around the "PRAM" ISSUE it would have been resolved a long time ago but safety is a must for employees and customers. Im sorry this has ruined your opinion of Mollys, Ashley.
“Meal with friends”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Six of us met at Mollys on the way home from a meeting in Arbroath. We were very disappointed with our meal, two of the party had fish and it was very nearly not edible, I had a chicken dish, and it was not properly cooked. We certainly will not be returning, nor could we recommend.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Margaret W
“No home baking?”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Visited mollys on a sunny Thursday afternoon. Last visit hadn't been great, so decided to eat elsewhere and just ventured here for the homemade cakes.
The place itself is looking a little rundown and shabby. It was also suprisingly quiet. Any time I'd been here in the past, I've always had to queue but on this sunny day there were only two other tables in.
We ordered a couple of teas and had a look in the cake cabinet. I was suprised that there were only scones and pancakes, both of which were shop bought. We came here for the homemade cakes which were previously supplied by Cakes by Alli-Babba, unfortunately we never got them.

Probably wont go back as there are better places in stonehaven .

• Visited May 2013