“we love Molly's”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Although it's not cheap, we found the food excellent and loved the lighting and music in the restaurant - very relaxing. The only minus was the inattentativeness of the 2 young women who were waitressing and, seemed to get bored with waiting on tables and disappeared so that we had to call the male waiter over to serve us. This would have been ok in a cheaper place, but not when you're paying so much.

1  Thank lucydog96
There are newer reviews for Molly's Cafe Bar

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Shared mussels to start with a cider sauce which were rather tasty. I then had the duo of lamb it was so tender and juicy. My partner had lobster pasta there was loads and it was priced fairly. Staff were very smiley and the music was great!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had not been to mollys for a couple of years. The menu had become stale and although it was OK, to be honest it was nothing special. As I live locally I decided to give it another try. What a pleasant suprise - we booked an early evening table on a Saturday and it was busy and vibrant. The young man who served us was attentive and charming, and although he was very busy, we did not have to wait. The menu was a perfect mix of old favourites and innovative dishes and very reasonably priced. The seafood specialities were especially impressive, would not be out of place in a 5* seafood restaurant. All in all, it was an excellent meal, promptly served and the staff were friendly and helpful. I

1  Thank Penelope s
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I used to go into Mollys quite often for lunch or takeaway coffees but was disgusted when i went in a few weeks ago with my 3 year old son. I was only in for a takeaway and the cafe wasnt that busy, maybe about 3 tables were full. the staff behind the counter chatted for quite a while before even acknowledging me and when i was asked what i was after (which was only one coffee and a kids juice) was acted as if it was such a big hassle. One of the girls working was mouthy and loud and swearing during her conversation with her pal behind the counter and I had to distract my son from the language being used. Mollys quite often used to be very busy and when I went in for takeaway, or sit down meal, I would understand if service was slower than usual, but the staff then would acknowledge me and let me know they'd be with me soon, but recently on the last few occasions i've felt like i've interrupted the staff's conversations and felt like i've walked into someone's house and asked for a coffee. I don't know if its under new ownership or not but i don't recognise many of the faces from before, and they aren't friendly faces!

1  Thank mmmm79
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Whatever has happened to Molly's! I used to go regularly as the food was good and the staff were always cheery and friendly. However I recently popped in for a coffee and scone with my daughter - the staff were disinterested to the point of being rude. They did the very basic serving with no conversation and no smiles! The scone was microwaved which made it lookwarm and chewy - yuck! When I went to pay although three members of staff were behind the counter none of them came to take payment - they carried on with their private conversation. No small talk, no 'please' or 'thank you'. Please bring back some of the old staff they made a visit to Molly's a pleasure now it is miserable" I wont be hurrying back until they get some pleasant staff!

1  Thank memac-mountain