“Slick and efficient. Relaxed occasion.”
Review of Zara s Brasserie - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Zara s Brasserie
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Aberdeenshire
“Slick and efficient. Relaxed occasion.”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Ambience lovely and relaxing. Service efficient and not in your face. Food was fantastic. Thoroughly recommend.

Visited April 2012

Leeds
“Fantastic curry house”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I often come to Stonehaven for work and Zara is the best restauraunt I have found in Stonehaven. I live in the Leeds/Bradford area which is famed for having some of the best curry houses in the UK but I can honestly say this is the best curry I have ever had, it is consistently excellent.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank greg w
edinburgh
“Unwelcoming”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

No smiles on entering to sit with daughter. Wish I had walked out. The food was ok but I feel there is no atmosphere and the decor is awful. Empty and cold. The few staff on duty were very unfriendly. Do NOT WASTE MONEY on this establishment. I would not recommend Zara's as a place to eat.

Visited April 2012
Carluke
“Excellent food”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Visited Zara's in December 2011. The food and service was excellent, and was not expensive

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Jim C
Aberdeenshire
“WE'VE ALWAYS FOUND IT VERY GOOD HERE, BUT HERE OTHER'S MIXED VIEWS”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I always think it a little strange that this restaurant calls itself a Brasserie, but believe the owners are now trying to drop that part of the name, calling it simply Zara's.

We've been here about 3 or 4 times now, and always on the Sunday buffet night. Our most recent visit was to take my 84 year old Dad on his birthday at the end of October. The buffet is extremely good value for money.

I find the red themed decor just a little different from other Indian restaurants, and personally like, but I know others who find it tacky - each to their own.

The buffet includes poppadums served to the table with those three tasty sauces, and they are a very welcome start to the meal, and you chat a while before getting up to help yourself to your other food.

What is on offer for the buffet is actually more of a choice than a neighbouring Indian restaurant, and I much prefer the way it is laid out in the centre of the floor than in the other restaurant when you can find you have to walk the whole length of the premises to the buffet tables, but appreciate that has a lot to do with the size and shape of each seperate premises.

There is also a balcony area up a staircase within the restaurant, but have never sat up there, merely because I don't want to have to negotiate the stairs with plates of food at least twice. Who wants to have to come down again if they just fancy one more piece of pakora from the buffet?

The heated servery dishes are being constanly topped up with newly cooked food, so I have never felt I'm eating food which has sat around for too long. There is always a waiter hovering on hand to avoid careless diners muddling up spoons etc, etc, as it never ceases to amaze me how many parents will let their children run riot at such 'help yourself' buffets.

All the usual starters we've all come to know and love are available, and there are usually 5 main courses, and two of them are thankfully a little less 'run-of-the-mill' than most other Indian buffets. There is always a nice hot spicy curry, a lamb one and a vegetarian one, as well as the usual Chicken Korma and Tandoori Chicken.

We have always found the service really good, not slow at all, and so I cannot comment less than favourably when others say Zara's can be a 'hit or a miss'.

On one past visit we tested free samples of a 'Haggis' starter, when the new owner was keen to 'marry' the Scottish and Indian cuisines together, and he was indeed very hospitable.

My only major concern about visiting Zara's in the really steep staircase from the street to the main body of the resaurant, (not the internal one), and the top section of about the last 5/6 steps has no handrail at all, which has actually now unfortunately deemed it out of bound for my elderly father, as despite two of us helping him up and down last visit, we just feel it is too risky for an elderly gentleman. For all diner's safety - especially those who have one too many Indian beers or wines with their food, or wear enormous 7 inch heels - I really feel a handrail at the top of the stairs is a necessary essential.

My husband and I plan to visit on an evening other than buffet night just to sample what else is on offer thought, as the food and service are excellent....and I'll wear my flat shoes!

• Visited October 2011