“Make this your FIRST Stop in Las Galeras!!”

The End Of The Road
Ranked #7 of 34 Restaurants in Las Galeras
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 7, 2014

My friend Kevin and I decided to try something new this year to celebrate his 40th birthday...travel somewhere we've never been...nor heard of! I did a lot of pre-vacation research about Las Galeras, and quickly decided that The End of The Road should be one of our first destinations. Not only are Diane, Paul, Audrey and Aaron English speaking (since our vacation Spanish doesn't go far, especially off the resort this was very welcome), they are warm, friendly, hilarious and just plain kind people!
We stopped by The End of the Road on our first full day in Las Galeras, and I do believe that was the BEST decision we could have made. Greeted by a barefoot Paul (who also runs The Dive Shop across the street) we felt instantly at ease. We told him we'd never been to the area, but were looking to experience more than the all-inclusive resort we were staying at. He immediately recommended we head to La Playita, a gorgeous local beach. He also told us to try out the food at the tent on the beach...run by a Dominican lady named Isabella....it was some of the most delicious food ever! They also chopped fresh coconuts in fornt of us to make us our CoCo-LoCo's!!
We also found out they were doing an excursion to Playa Fronton a couple days later, which Diane helped us sign up for...it was to be a Friday Extravaganza!!! We were lucky enough to share in the celebration of a special birthday for Diane that day with the most wonderful meal cooked by Audrey...who has ruined ceviche forever for me unless I get her recipe!!!
Diane was also kind enough to arrange a dinner reservation at El Cobita and get us taxi service for a fraction of the price that the guys outside the hotel were offering! What a wonderful birthday dinner!
Kevin and I made our final visits with the End of the Road crew on our last full day, once on our way to La Playita, and again on our way back to the resort...and I can't lie...I was truly say to be saying farewell. Diane, Paul, Audrey and Aaron were all part of the reason that Las Galeras will be on our travel itinerary again very soon! We are looking forward to the new excursions they were working on while we were there, and can't wait to get back to see everyone again!

Diane, Paul, Audrey and Aaron...Thank you all so very much for the information, laughs, great talks on the beach, crazy boat rides and of course your welcoming and friendly ways! My only regret is we didn't have one of your delicious meals!!! Hopefully we'll be seeing you in November for a breakfast burrito and a shake...Kevin will probably want the pancakes!!!

Lots of Love,
Jo and Kev

1  Thank Jolene75
TEOFT, Manager at The End Of The Road, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Hi Jo and Kevin

Glad to hear you got back safely and thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review for us, we love to get our clients feedback especially when it is so positive!

.It was a joy to share my birthday with you guys on Fronton, you really helped make it special and I have been rationing my usage of Kevins Kandles to make sure I have enough to last till you come back (will be sending you an order soon!)TDA is now running a Fronton Extravaganza every week and they are proving to be very popular, the gourmet barbecue that Audrey does is obviously a huge hit!

Paul has new shoes by the way but continues to walk around barefoot and I have managed to prise the ceviche recipe from Audrey - without force - so will email it to you later.

We have started to miss you guys so please hurry and come back

Thanks again for the review

All at The End Of The Road

There are newer reviews for The End Of The Road

Reviewed January 28, 2014

My daughter husband and I stayed in Las Galeras for 3 1/2 weeks in December and loved getting the local scoop from our new friends at The End of the Road. If your spanish is a little shaky no worries..... they speak english, french and spanish! I loved the breakfast burritos, daughter a fan of the pancakes and husband psyched to get a good cup of coffee! My daughter loved coming to visit with their dogs Couscous and new addition Lucy and the occassional sighting of Bosun.
Lovely people definately stop by.

1  Thank Lorna K
TEOFT, Manager at The End Of The Road, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Hi Lorna
Thanks for writing a review for us, we do appreciate the feedback we get from our guests.
I don't ever remember seeing such a little girl as Iona eat pancakes with such gusto and still look 'ladylike', she was a delight.
Couscous, Lucy and Bosun really miss her stroking and petting them and proud mum Lucy still wears the collar you gave her.
I do hope the oysters grow well for you all this year and that you can get back to see us again before too long

Thanks again

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Since we discover this cute little restaurant runing by lovely Diane our eating plans for the rest of our stay in Las Galleras had to change as we had to come back there every day for the addicting Borito and the fruit shakes. for a really small price you get a really big and fresh borito with fried vegetables (and with meat if you'de like) and interesting spices. We even called there once to order boritos for lunch for a trip we did to playa fronton. It is a great Idea when you want to take food for a day trip! easy to keep in your bag and keeps fresh!. No need to say that we also took boritos with us when we took the bus when we left..
In other words, when you are in Las Galeras don't miss this place!! you'll see :)
Oh, and everything you want to know about diving in this area you can get all the information there with Diane and Paul (her husband). They have a Diving club just infront of the restaurant and Paul can take you everywhere you want to go!
Enjoy!!

Dagan and Julia
Dec 2013

Hi Dagan
Thanks very much for taking the time out to write a review for us, we know how busy you both are so we do appreciate it.
I am happy to learn that the nursery is going to be blue, you will make great parents and I am looking forward to seeing the pictures.
It was fun to feed you and even more fun to help you enjoy your vacation and I hope next time you visit you can dive with TDA
Kind Regards

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We visited Las Galeras in December and dropped into The End of the Road. Not only do the owners know everything you need to know to have a fun vacation in this lovely town, but they also serve delicious meals at very reasonable prices. Our large family of eight enjoyed the warmth and hospitality at the "end of the road" a central and convenient meeting place.

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to write a review for us, we know how busy you guys are so we really do appreciate it.

It is always satisfying for us to help visitors to our new home town make the most of vacation and the fact that we can feed them well is a bonus for us!

You and your family were such good fun it was a pleasure to spend time with you and I am looking forward to your return!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

The End of the Road provided excellent burritos (breakfast & lunch) at a good price, but Diane 's kind, friendly,and funny personality gave our family a lift everyday as well as essential information to make our stay in Las Galeras our best family vacatoin yet.

TEOFT, Manager at The End Of The Road, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you so much for writing a review for us. We now how time consuming it can sometimes be so we do appreciate it

We pride ourselves on giving the best advice and helpful information (apologies for the jokes.....) we can about our new home and it seems as though it is working!

I posted some photographs of the 'gang' in their snazzy shirts on our Facebook page

We are all looking forward to your return visit and someone is dusting off her joke book for you!