“Every town needs a place like this.”

The End Of The Road
Ranked #9 of 37 Restaurants in Las Galeras
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

This place was great. Diane from TDA introduced me to the staff and they made me feel at home immediately. It's a solo travelers wet dream. Not only is it a gathering place to meet people from all over the world, but they cook an awesome breakfast too. Sarah was by far one of my favorite people that I've met in any of my travels. She is free spirited, hilarious, and helpful. And her sister was nice enough to let me tag along to a few places. If you find yourself in las galeras (which you really should) you have to make this place your base. You won't regret it.

TEOFT, Manager at The End Of The Road, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Awesome reviews like this are what make the job worthwhile. Thanks you so much for writing this and it was such a pleasure to meet a like-minded traveller like yourself. We like to set people up for the day with breakfast and make sure you see the best this little place has to offer. Please come back soon and tell all and sundry to pop in for food and all we have to offer here.

From all at The End of the Road

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is the communal spot perfectly placed on a corner in the center of Las Galeras. The staff is super helpful and pointed us in the direction of where we would stay for our 2 days in town.

The one breakfast we had was a bit of a wait - but for a great reason. Apparently one of the eggs for the batch they were using was spoiled. When they noticed, they did the right thing, tossed the batch and let us know. We were given the option to choose a lunch option or wait a bit. Diane, the proprietor, head out to get fresh eggs and potatoes, came in and helped prepare the meal herself! We waited an hour longer than we expected to eat breakfast, but it sure was worth it!

Met a bit of passers by as well. Cool spot.

TEOFT, General Manager at The End Of The Road, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thanks very much for taking the time out to write a review for us, especially as you did have a long wait and your patience and good humour whilst waiting was greatly appreciated!
If nothing else, it proves that none of our food is mass produced, everything is prepared fresh to order but sometimes we can be thwarted by a rotten egg!
Sarah now normally responds to these reviews but I thought I would like to personally thank you both
Really hope you get to come back and remember my offer of your dive courses!
Kind Regards
Diane B

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This place is the absolute epitome of a hole in the wall gem!
The food was fabulous, and the owners and staff, even better.
I went several times for the burritos, and Sarah and the gang are a wealth of knowledge and tips about the area.
I will be back!
Thanks to everybody there.
Randy

TEOFT, Manager at The End Of The Road, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Reviews are so important to us and we can't thank you enough for taking the time out after your holiday to let us know what you thought. We pride ourselves on knowing all about our little spot of paradise and are so happy when this is reflected to clients. We welcome you back anytime!

From all at End of the Road

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a gem of a spot in Las Galeras. Run by English/French. Did not think I would find any breakfast burritos let alone English people in Las Galeras. Stayed two nights & ate here both mornings. Really nice food & even nicer people! A kings breakfast for 2 for under 500 pesos! Didnt have to eat til supper! Thank you guys so much, first time I've seen breakkie burritos on a menu in the DR & I've been living here 8 yrs. Hasta proximo vez John

TEOFT, Manager at The End Of The Road, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

So grateful you took the time out to respond to us, all feedback is essential for us to keep improving at all great feedback is fantastic! The breakfast burritos are still selling fast and we hope to see the both of you very soon for more. Let us know if we can help you in sorting out accomodation or whatever it may be.

From all at End Of The Road.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The owners were friendly and helpful. The food was tasty. I speak very little spanish so it was great to find a place where I could speak english and get to know some of the residents. They provided some great snorkelling recommendations. End of the Road was a great find! Thanks!

TEOFT, General Manager at The End Of The Road, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank yo so much for taking the time to write a review for us at The End Of The Road, it's great to get positive feedback.

We get so many tourists visiting our little corner of heaven, a lot of whom are 'independent' travellers with little or no Spanish and we wanted to offer them free impartial advice on our home town so thought an Information Centre would be a good idea. This quickly evolved to include tasty snacks, and sensibly priced internet.
When you next come visit, which we hope will be soon, there will be even more services available for our clients

Thanks again