“NOT ONLY A DIVE CENTRE.”
Review of The Dive Academy

The Dive Academy
Ranked #7 of 19 things to do in Las Galeras
More attraction details
Owner description: Las Galeras' premier Scuba Diving School & Water Sports Adventure centre. English is our first language but we also speak Spanish, French, German, Danish, Swedish and Italian. We offer everything from Try and Tandem Dives to Instructor Courses, guided qualified dives over beautiful corals and the world famous 'The Tower'and Tibisi; all inclusive sailing & water sports day excursions - with skiing, snootering with our DPV's, diving and lunch on a beautiful sail boat to mini Live Aboard breaks. First Class Service with Economy Class Prices. We offer our clients professional and friendly, safe and affordable FUN.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Debbie and I recently got married.And of course Debbie decided we are going to the DOM REP on honeymoon.(I would have been happy with 2 weeks in Torquay) I thought ok,lets see whats on offer.After browsing the websites I thought I would look for Scuba centres.There are a number of centres,but non of them came close to the Dive Academy in Las Galeras.We were friends before we even got out there.Diane and Paul are so down to earth and friendly.Yet in the water they are Professional and Fun.
Diane gave me her mobile number so if we had any problems during our Honeymoon just ring her.What service.
Paul knew that Debbie had never dived before so he spent a lot of time with her.Reassuring her,making sure she was happy and safe.Debbie loved the experience and wants to do it again.
I had dived before but Diane and Audrey were close by.
These people don't think about how much they will get out of you.They think about givng an unforgettable expirence.
Debbie and I will be going back and next time we are doing a proper diving course with PAUL,DIANE and AUDREY...........IF YOU ARE NOT STAYING IN LAS GALERAS ASK DIANE TO SORT A GUA-GUA RIDE. you will love it

1  Thank Karl H
tda-adventures, Owner at The Dive Academy, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Hi Debbie and Karl

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review for us. I have to say, it was great to chat with such friendly people from our 'home country', let's hope more Brits come to visit!

You and Debbie were awesome on your Try Dives and I do hope you have been showing everyone the photographs! I made a really nice album and posted it on Facebook and people are still commenting on it!

Glad you enjoyed the gua gua ride as well, many tourists stick to their air conditioned guided tour bus and miss out on seeing so much and, to be honest, it is great to give people information on the ride back as it makes me realise what a beautiful town I live in.

Can't wait for you both to come back and see us
Love and hugs

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Paul and Diane always do their best to provide a great vacation experience! Not only do they provide great diving courses and excursions, they also give great advice on inexpensive/free activities in the area.

I did a 3 month internship with them and it was a wonderful learning experience. Paul is very patient and entertaining while teaching and extremely experienced in the water.

They are also involved in several Eco-tourism projects in the area and I was happy to assist them with spearheading (pun intended) the Lion Fish Safari Project they were developing in Las Galeras.

They are very passionate about what they do and it shows!

1  Thank Chadd G
tda-adventures, Owner at The Dive Academy, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Hi Chadd

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review for us, feedback is always good to receive especially when they are honest comments.

Thanks also for your help with the Lionfish Project, it is really taking off now in a big way and very soon the Lionfish Culling Club will be having it's first meet and dive. It is a shame you had to leave and won't be here for the inauguration.

Las Galeras is a lot quieter since you left so hurry back!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I took an extended holiday for her birthday in April. While in Las Galeras we stayed at the Grand Paradise Samana. We were dissapointed that the hotel, even though they advertised a scuba center, they did not provide this serivice. Fortunately for us not far away was The Dive Academy, with amazing, helpful, experienced, fun and an entertaining staff (Paul, Diane, Audrey and Chad). By the time we got our act together at the hotel to seek out diving we only had two days left. We did a two dive day and had a great time. Wish we could have stayed longer. Las Galeras is a beautiful part of the country and glad we found such a great group to share the underwater adventures with. Thanks Paul, Diane, Chad and Audrey. Hopefully we make it back soon; we'd love to experience the sound of the whales.

Tim and Cheryl

2  Thank TheHoggs

Hi Tim and Cheryl
Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to write a review for us. It's great to hear that our clients have enjoyed themselves with us, particularly when we enjoy their company too!
When you come back, we will make sure you get to see some more of the great dives and, hopefully at least hear the whales!
See you soon

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed in Las Galeras during a short period where diving conditions were pretty bad. Though we couldn't dive, Paul and Audrey did all they can to put us in the water and they provided us with honest and valuable information all along our stay.

Thank you and see you next time!

Fred & Julia

1  Thank FredooRico
tda-adventures, Owner at The Dive Academy, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Hi Fred and Julia

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review for us - especially as we couldn't dive with you! Even though we have some of the best diving along this coast right on our doorstep, we always put the safety of our clients first.

It was great to meet and chat with you both and we look forward to your return when we will try to make sure the sea is perfect for you!

Regards