“Awesome time march break 2014”

Grand Paradise Samana
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Las Galeras
Reviewed March 15, 2014

after reading some of the reviews i was really concerned about going to this resort...i travelled w my mom who is almost 80, 6, 14, and 16 yr old...we loved this resort, had tons of fun and will go back again...the only neg thing i didnt like was the 1.5 hr drive fr the airport, yousself ,mikki thanku sooo much for entertaining my big kids...my mommy wants to thank jessi who she fell in love with...all the entertainment staff Erik you r awesome.......lots of activities at the beach...the kids club i would suggest more activities throughout the day to help keep kids entertained,,,the ice cream party by the pool the kids really enjoyed..more planned activities like this would b great...we went whale watching hotel charged 100 us per person,,,we booked it at the beach for 50 canadian per person..had a great day!!! we also went horseback riding again at the beach 20 can dollars per person...the hotel prices r ridiculous...ask around the beach for rudy..great guy!!!he owns rudys ranch...took us 2hrs on the horses,,,kids and nanny loved it!!! the people r great!!! enjoy your holiday!!!

Room Tip: we started block 1 very nice!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank karen w

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I had a blast when I went here. I even was in one of the shows they put on at the resort lol. I got pushed in the pool after dancing on the floating platform for the fire show.. met lots of good ppls and befriended them.. I still talk to mikiki from there. He was a big help with introducing us to some of the activities and hanging out with the staff. Good guy and loves to make sure ppl have a good time. That's just one of the staff members I made friends with! I will be back!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank maxpowerkeaghan
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Thanks Grand Paradise Samana for beautiful stay in Dominican Republic! Everything was perfect, the service, room, food, beach, bars…

When we arrived we were welcomed friendly in reception and after long fly from Prague the fresh drink we were offered very, very tasted us :)

The room was nice with the sea view and what romantic picture I sew one morning when the horses were feeding on grass in front of our balcony.

The sand on the beach was white and during the afternoon was fine to rest under the palms. What a relax!!!

The food was always perfectly prepared and always very tasty.

I liked the animation people very much! They did great job for all visitors there, they worked hard every day for many hours, but they were smiling always, they were friendly and polite and they prepared for the visitors always nice time.

My special thanks is for Railyn. He is so polite guy, smiling all the time, always in a good mood. His morning’s ocean aerobics and afternoon step aerobics was always full of ladies and I miss these lessons back home much :) Railyn did a great job also in the evenings during animation programs and people had always a lot of fun! Also the dance with Railyn was super and sorry, Railyn, for my not very good knowledge of merengue :) I hope next time we will improve it! :)

Thanks all management stuff who came our last night to say good bye the Czech people and prepared us beautiful dinner in the beach under the palms.

I had great holiday in Grand Paradise Samana and thank you all for that. I will come back for sure at least in six month and I will recommend GPS resort to all my friends!

See you soon, guys!

Marketa Hofmanova, Prague 14. 3. 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank hofmanova_marketa
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I will start off by saying that we usually stay in PC at the same resort each year but this year decided to try something different since the price of PC has gone way up. I'm so glad we did because we found another hotel that we want to return to each year !

The staff is excellent at this resort, from the minute we stepped off the plane Ramone our Sunwing Rep was there to guide us, he could always be found at the hotel during our 2 week stay. Once we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by Samuel and Roberto right away, which was a very welcoming touch.

We loved our room, it was cleaned each day very well by Isabel and she was very friendly. We stayed mostly by the pool at block 5 and Francisco & Robert looked after us everyday and we even had table service !

The beach was nice compared to PC, it was shallow and calm....great for kids or non swimmers. We didnt think we would like the grass area between the ocean and the resort buildings but it was nice to walk on the grass to get the sand off of you, we never had any issues with sand being brought back into our room.

The animation staff at this hotel goes beyond their duties to make sure everyone is enjoying themselves and its an older crowd so some days they had very little participation. We participated in the kayak tour with Erick & Yousseff, ocean aerobics with Erick & Railyn, crazy beach games with Yousseff and the list goes on. The crowd for ocean aerobics was always larger when Railyn did them, he needs a raise !! Yonatan at the towel hut was always friendly and helpful. The entire animation staff works very long hours and they still had a smile on their face at the nightly shows, the pool show was very well done and not seen at every resort.

The food.....we have zero complaints about the food. Roberto does an outstanding job at this hotel, he was at every restaurant ! We ate at the buffet each morning, lunch was by the beach, dinner was at the buffet or one of the a la cartes. We had two dinners on the beach that we really enjoyed. Leo was the best waitress at breakfast, she looked after us so well. Ariel Gil also went out of his way to make our meals enjoyable, he was there at breakfast...lunch on the beach and then usually at the a la cartes. Fenci, David, Yonatan and "Super" Carlos also were great at the a la cartes...we always had a few laughs with them. Nina was a very nice hostess at the restaurants and never had a problem making dinner reservations. Robert also worked at the sports bar which we went to each night to play foozeball, he is quite the friendly character ! I have no quams about the food & drinks at this resort, it is all up to par and I think that is thanks to Roberto !

Front desk....if we did have any problems they were taken care of in no time. We did pay for the wifi and it worked fine.

The resort itself is well taken care of and it looked to us that they were always working on it. You couldnt walk very far without seeing a gardener, repair man or painter ! And each and every one of them would speak to you and had a smile on their face. We liked that the resort was spread out but not overly large, you could walk anywhere in a few minutes and always felt safe...day or night.

We spoke to many of the management team at GPS and all were friendly and welcomed us, which is a very nice touch ! We will return for this reason, a huge thanks to Samuel, Roberto and Railyn ! If you want to see a very lush part of the DR, this hotel is for you and we can not wait to return !

Room Tip: Rooms in block 4 would be great if you had young children, the two pools are right by. Rooms in bl...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank candle_maker_2004
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I had a wonderful experience at the resort. When I arrived there the food was great. It was cooked well, there were no hygiene issues and had great variety. My stay there was 1 week. Luckily the weather was decent every day. The staff were so accommodating and I have no complaints with the service there. I am really amazed by the night shows they put up every day. It was my favorite part of the vacation. One of the staff, Mikiki was really kind, considerate and enhanced my stay there which I would not get in other resorts. He was also an elite performer while maintaining a friendly profile during the day. Again I recommend this place and it is worth your money.

My final verdict: 4.5/5

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rohith C
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I just spent the best 2 weeks in grand paradise. The staff were so friendly. I travel every year to different places and have never had such great service. Special call out to the entertainment crew as they were the best I have ever seen. Every day was spent with them including my friend and I in the grand paradise family. Erick was amazing as the towel person and then helping me to learn how to dance. I really appreciated his humour and willingness to go out of his way to help everybody. He deserves a promotion for sure. Also a very special call out to Jesse. This woman is amazing. I had some language barriers and she went out of her way to help me to resolve. She even called the bank for me. Also like the rest of the crew she spent lots of time making me feel comfortable learning to dance and made my overall experience so warm. Daniel being the lead in the entertainment was also great. Being in management myself I was able to recognize how hard he works and how much he cares about what he does. This is certainly a team that deserves much applause. Then let's talk about kaki. Wow! He certainly is the most energetic dancer that I have ever had the pleasure to dance with and he was so patient even when I stepped on his toes. Mikki everyday worked very hard to make sure we were happy and having fun. His fun and engaging way was very uplifting and always made us feel great. Pinky was seen around all the time with the children. If I was looking to bring a child to the resort I would definitely trust them in pinky's care! Great place for children. Alexis was another staff for special mention. He was always so great with everyone for photography and was such a pleasure to be around. The music was well selected. Andujar did an excellent job as a dj. He certainly had me dancing. So everyone was very fantastic at this resort. Olga also was a pleasure. Watching her dance with her amazing smile was such a treat. The resort was beautiful, the food was great, the bartenders were very pleasant and overall everything was great. I have spent the time in my review though calling out certain individuals because it is the memories that those particular people made for me that will cause me to go back. So Erick, Jesse, Daniel, kaki, Mikki, pinky, Alexis, Olga, and andujar. Thank you. You all deserve promotions and applause as it is because of you that I will come back! Money well spent.

Room Tip: I was in the 1200 block and liked it because it was central to everything.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Laurie C
Reviewed March 12, 2014

One of the biggest resort I've seen. I enjoyed the exercise everyday on the beach for half an hour. The staff there were very friendly and welcoming, but unfortunate some are limited in their communication.

Our first bad experience was the currency. They do not want Canadian dollars, only US dollars, If the money have any writting or slight tear, they were not accepting that,however whenever we tried to change money, they wanted to pass all the bad bills on us. The staff at the reception desk claimed it is the BANK who make a fuss over the money. If this is the problem, people will not be encouraged to go back.

There were a variety of food, but one had to make their choices,especially if you haven't taken a Travel Vaccine, which I would recommend. Our body have to get adjusted to the kind of food there and avoid freshly cut vegetables and fruits because they may be washed with the tap water. Entertainment was great.

Room Tip: To get up to the upper levels, only stairs,no elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo
Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa
Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa
#5 of 54 in Samana Province

Been to Grand Paradise Samana? Share your experiences!