“GRAND PARADISE” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Las Galeras
HAMILTON
“GRAND PARADISE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Just returned from a great relaxing week at Grand Paradise,what a lovely place.The staff are all to be commended they all work hard and are always happy.Had a room in the 8000's rooms were clean and big ,plenty of room. The food was ok you will not go hungry you can find something.The animation staff try so hard and the pool show is a must see as well as Jukebox night hilarious. Bonito at the pool bar is such a nice guy,Ronnie at the front desk super.
I do not understand people that give bad reviews they chose this place they were not invited so to pick it apart seems a bit silly to me since this is the place you chose to vacation,also the complaints about the locals on the weekends I say so what this is their home would be the same as us complaining about tourists coming to visit us they were unobtrusive and I found quite enjoyable the kids are so cute people who complain should take a look at home first
The ocean does have sea weed ummm its an ocean and the grounds keepers did their best to remove it.
Dominga and Kaio's aquarium is so worth the 15$ to explore they are lovely people
I do not have a bad thing to say,the renovations never got in the way this resort has so much potential to be even better than it already is.
For the price of 704$ for a week no one should complain you get what you pay for and in this case it was an excellent deal and well worth the money spent.
Met some nice people from our flight
All in all a great time,the area is unspoilt and the town is safe.Please if you are travelling on a budget and want a nice relaxing vacation ignore the bad reviews and decide for yourself besides its your vacation you make it the Dominicans just make it a bit better.

Room Tip: I would say the 7000's or 8000,s but ground or first floor there are three floors and steps can...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
10 Thank donnalee45

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I am glad that you are taking your time into reading this... because I am very happy to let the readers know about my experience @ Grand Paradise Samaná.
First of all, I cried on my way back home because I did not want to leave. I felt at home and welcomed by mostly all the staff.
I remember Frank's smile and happiness, Wilfredo's politeness and service skills, Alejandro's great conversations while waiting for the crepes, Julio's availability and pro activity, Lima's and Zapata's dancing lessons. Yinauri's smile and service.. Alexis great attitude, availability and smile... etc. just to name a few of the staff. My vacation can be rated as very good, I did not had any major complications, I was very comfortable, did not had to worry about anything... I loved the Dominican dinner night! I would love to have that one more often! In general, I will certainly go back again :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
11 Thank Colombia-Canada
Mississauga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Entertainment was great! Kids club amazing - didn't see my kids much, they always wanted to be there! Food... didn't really like, but was never hungry! It really depends on your taste, my friends loved it. Rooms - really didn't understand bad reviews until saw old buildings - building 7 and 8 are new, would rate them 4++, older buildings - 2*. Saw a snake though :( near the pool, scary! But I don't believe it's resort's fault. Night shows were amazing! No bikes or pedal boats. Didn't wanna leave

Room Tip: Building 7 or 8 - huge difference!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Svetlana P
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Me and my family arrived in Samana after 3h30 in a bus.We stayed two weeks there.
1) The beach is beautiful but there are seaweeds in the water.
2) In the weekends, there is a lot of people from the area coming.
3) There is not much variation of food.
4) We got charged a 1000$ for internet but that wasn't true.( Sunwing guy helped us)

5)The barmaids are really fast and they serve good drinks.
6) The area in general is really pretty,
7)The expeditions are really fun ( El limon and the Islands).
8) The room is clean and the villas also.

We changed our room because of a wasp. We went in the villa.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sandra B
Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Hotel and the hotel area was very nice. Beach, sand and palms and also beach bar - absolutely perfect. I spent two weeks in paradise.
Also the staff people at the front desk - Yinauri Balbuena - very nice girl and Alvaro Eusebio and Geury Amado Roustand - they all speak perfect english, they helped me a lot with the changing the room and also with internet. I miss you guys:-)) hope to see you soon.

Room Tip: I saw many rooms and all of them were clean and nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Michaelapa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I just returned from my 7 night stay at Grand Paradise, and paradise is exactly the word I would use to describe the resort. The beaches were beautiful, there are more palm trees than I have ever seen in my life, I was lucky enough to watch a man climbing one to cut down coconuts...he just scurried on up with bare feet and hands, very cool to see!

Entertainment staff were great. Always smiling and dancing, getting everyone evolved. Frank and Jessy were the best. They even got me and my friends on stage for a dance lesson and a game(and I
am an intravert) Thanks for the good times :) The bonfire on the beach was our last night, a very nice way to end the trip...nice touch!

Food at the buffets was decent, exactly what I expected. Service staff in the buffets were good as well, keeping the drink full and plates cleared(most days). I was not able to stay for our Noli Plus BBQ because of a food allergy, I left for the main buffet not expecting anyone on staff to even notice. The management staff found us there, asking if there was a problem. We explained the situation, and were treated to a private dinner the following night. It was perfect!! Thank you Roberto and Wilfredo!!! You guys went above and beyond for us, and we truly appreciate your hospitiltaity. The food and service that evening was spectacular, compliments to your staff.

The disco was good, small, but the DJ took requests and the mamajuina was flowing. Always a laugh to be had.

I was a little worried about "the hoards of locals on the weekend" I had read about in other reviews. It was not a problem for us, still always able to find a chair at the beach and the pool, and didn't have to wait long for bar service either.

Some memebers of my group had a few minor issues at the start of our trip, but all were corrected after speaking
with Wilfredo.

We had some photo taken by Chulo, they turned out GREAT!

Very nice place for a week of relaxing in the sun!!

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank Cyndi-loo82
St. John's, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Grand Paradise is a very nice resort, very friendly staff, clean rooms, awesome entertainment team, love and miss you two very beautiful men at the front desk (Euris and Geury) ask for them the next time you visit. You won't need to ask, they will be right there to help.
The beach was lovely, the pools are nice, and the buffets are always fresh. Thanks for entertainment staff (Viannely, Kaki, Frank, Lima, and Xuberkys) for all the fun at the beach and the shows.
Love grand paradise Samana and would go back tomorrow.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
#6 of 60 in Samana Province
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,771 reviews
Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection
Luxury Bahia Principe Samana Don Pablo Collection
Luxury Bahia Principe Samana Don...
#3 of 60 in Samana Province

Been to Grand Paradise Samana? Share your experiences!