“Perfect holiday”

Grand Paradise Samana
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Las Galeras
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Hotel and the hotel area was very nice. Beach, sand and palms and also beach bar - absolutely perfect. I spent two weeks in paradise.
Also the staff people at the front desk - Yinauri Balbuena - very nice girl and Alvaro Eusebio and Geury Amado Roustand - they all speak perfect english, they helped me a lot with the changing the room and also with internet. I miss you guys:-)) hope to see you soon.

Room Tip: I saw many rooms and all of them were clean and nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Michaelapa

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I just returned from my 7 night stay at Grand Paradise, and paradise is exactly the word I would use to describe the resort. The beaches were beautiful, there are more palm trees than I have ever seen in my life, I was lucky enough to watch a man climbing one to cut down coconuts...he just scurried on up with bare feet and hands, very cool to see!

Entertainment staff were great. Always smiling and dancing, getting everyone evolved. Frank and Jessy were the best. They even got me and my friends on stage for a dance lesson and a game(and I
am an intravert) Thanks for the good times :) The bonfire on the beach was our last night, a very nice way to end the trip...nice touch!

Food at the buffets was decent, exactly what I expected. Service staff in the buffets were good as well, keeping the drink full and plates cleared(most days). I was not able to stay for our Noli Plus BBQ because of a food allergy, I left for the main buffet not expecting anyone on staff to even notice. The management staff found us there, asking if there was a problem. We explained the situation, and were treated to a private dinner the following night. It was perfect!! Thank you Roberto and Wilfredo!!! You guys went above and beyond for us, and we truly appreciate your hospitiltaity. The food and service that evening was spectacular, compliments to your staff.

The disco was good, small, but the DJ took requests and the mamajuina was flowing. Always a laugh to be had.

I was a little worried about "the hoards of locals on the weekend" I had read about in other reviews. It was not a problem for us, still always able to find a chair at the beach and the pool, and didn't have to wait long for bar service either.

Some memebers of my group had a few minor issues at the start of our trip, but all were corrected after speaking
with Wilfredo.

We had some photo taken by Chulo, they turned out GREAT!

Very nice place for a week of relaxing in the sun!!

• Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank Cyndi-loo82
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Grand Paradise is a very nice resort, very friendly staff, clean rooms, awesome entertainment team, love and miss you two very beautiful men at the front desk (Euris and Geury) ask for them the next time you visit. You won't need to ask, they will be right there to help.
The beach was lovely, the pools are nice, and the buffets are always fresh. Thanks for entertainment staff (Viannely, Kaki, Frank, Lima, and Xuberkys) for all the fun at the beach and the shows.
Love grand paradise Samana and would go back tomorrow.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Elaine B
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I recently returned from 2 weeks staying at the Grand Paradise. Apart from a couple minor glitches, It was a great stay, and I would go back there in an instant.
On arrival, there was about a 30 minute wait for my room to be ready. I also had some issues with purchasing wireless time from the hotel. I was under the impression I was buying a block of time to use as I went. Instead, it's time that has to used all at once. It's also rather expensive. I would recommend going to Internet Cafe in town.
On the up side... After a few days, I had to move from my room due to some renovations that were started on my building. So I was moved from my standard room, to an ocean view villa for the remaining 2/3 of my stay. Very nice!
The food was O.K. The selection was always pretty good, though perhaps a little bland, but I can appreciate that it's hard to cook for so many people and please everyone.
The grounds staff did an amazing job of keeping the beach and hotel grounds clean. And the hospitality crew were all incredible! They all work stupid long hours, yet always had a smile and a greeting whenever they saw any guest.
There's always lots of activities going on, including for the kids.
An all around great holiday location that I would not hesitate to recommend to others, or return to.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Randychuk
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My friends and I just returned from our stay at the Grand Paradise Samana,There were a few hiccups upon arrival; the key card scanner on my door wasn't working properly so I had to wait about 20 min or so to get into my room, a staff member did come to assist and gave me a new card which didn't exactly fix the issue so every time after that it took anywhere from 5-10 minutes to get into my room (I believe they mentioned that the battery was dying.... but never did fix it...) also the safe (that I paid for) wasn't working either... another battery issue... but... I did receive a refund for the safe and ended up instead using a friends safe in another room (not a huge deal)

Maid service was decent but I found that the maid left my balcony door unlocked after cleaning; I was on the main floor so I didn't like that very much... (to be fair though the door was rather difficult to lock up, even I had issues with it)

The beaches here are stunning! Nice white sand and lush grounds. The staff work very hard to maintain the resort and entertain the visitors, they work long hours and always have a smile! Our favorite staff members were Frank, Jessi, Mikiki, Chulo, Wilfredo and Roberto a BIG thank you to all of you for making our stay a special one! Frank, Jessi and Mikiki are amazing entertainers and always have a big welcoming smile, Wilfredo and Roberto were always very accommodating and helpful! And Chulo took the most amazing pictures!! THANK YOU - You guys will all be missed!

The food was good, you could always find something you liked. The buffet was always stacked with fruits, salads a variety of meat choices and the soup was always tasty!

One of my friends is allergic to shell fish and couldn't partake in our special seaside dinner one evening because everything was cooked on the same grill so the staff instead arranged a private dinner on the beach for us; it was absolutely amazing! and a total surprise! we thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated every second of it!! THANK YOU FOR THAT!!!!!

Overall we had a fantastic trip and would recommend this resort to anyone of any age (we were a group of 7 girls ages ranging from late 20's to early 30's) We all had a great time and enjoyed every second of our stay!

I would also highly recommend the Samana Deluxe excursion and the El Limon Falls one as well both were breathtaking!

Room Tip: I was in room 8112- not a great spot, no view at all... I would recommend requesting a garden view i...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Grand paradise is a very nice resort..we visited resort nov 17 2013.. The service was. Good.. Rooms are clean and modern..the entertainment was very good..there was renovations going on at the resort and new furniture being moved in..the food is correct at 3.5 rating.. The beaches are excellent.. The town is safe with a fun atv tour to see the area

Room Tip: Building 8 was nice unit
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from Grand Paradise after another 2 week vacation. It was our 4th trip there in a year. The resort staff are so friendly and every need is met with a smile. The food is good with a huge variety. The beach was wonderful. Dominga and Kaio`s Natural Aquarium is a must see. Yinauri and Guery from the front desk are wonderful.

This time I ended up quite sick ( no fault of the resort). The on site Doctor recommended a hospital stay in Samana so off I went. They were so kind and my friend was looked after as well. I received excellent care and 24 hrs. later was back at the Resort. Thank you to Yinauri for accompanying me through the whole experience.

Best holiday spot on the planet.

• Stayed: November 2013
Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo
Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa
Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa
#5 of 54 in Samana Province

Been to Grand Paradise Samana? Share your experiences!