“great meal!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2014

we arrived on recommendation from manager of place we were staying at...arrived with two exhausted children...and even though we had to wait 30' x table, we reckoned the fact that they were full was good sign :)
We weren't disappointed...coming from the home of pasta, we can be pretty picky when it comes to food...,My husband and I ordered steaks...which were cooked as requested, served with yummy veg and tasted delicious. the homemade ravioli, gnocchi that kids ate went down a treat as did the home made gelato!
would def recommend...

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I ate here one night on a recent trip to Las Galeras and I'd go back if I were in the area again.

I went based on the TA reviews. First off one has to realize where they are...a very beautiful part of the world, but the food (in this case pizza and gelato) is not going to compare with Italy or New York for that matter.

I was there during slow season, the service was very good but then again at 7pm local time there were a total of 4 people in the restaurant. Not so much a reflection on the restaurant as that tourists were few and far between. In fact a couple of the highly rated establishments were not even open at the time.

I had the mushroom and ham pizza, with red wine and completed the experience with the highly rated chocolate gelato. I'd spent most of the day traveling so by the time I arrived at the restaurant I was quite hungry.

Summary: convenient location in town, good service and decent food. When I read reviews of people saying it was the best pizza and gelato they ever had, I wonder where they've traveled but it hit the spot and it certainly holds up compared to other options in LG.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

loved the setting, pizza was fabulous, gelato even more. you can go during the day read a book, have a coffee, eat pasta for lunch, have a lovely candlelight dinner at night, great music.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

You've had enough BBQ fish and chicken to last you a month and now you need something with a bit of a different taste.
We stayed in Las Galeras for 2 weeks and ate here on four occasions.

The food is classic Italian with a hint of the Caribbean.
Pasta is made fresh, the lasagne was small/big enough for a 5 year old to finish, the pizzas are thin, crispy and delicious.. you can even choose your own toppings.

Favorites included the prawn cocktail and filet steak with green pepper sauce and the Italian desserts are to die for specially the Italian Rum cake (Zuccotto al rum).

The owner has 2 DR chefs and 2 DR waiters, all four are very happy, helpful and smiley and the owner made us feel very welcome and even helped us with a taxi home during a torrential downpour one night.

Even if you just visit this place once, I'm sure it will really make your holiday special. There is a hotel attached so they do European and American breakfasts as well.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Il Nodo del Pirata is like a little trattoria from Italia. The Italian owner, Manuela, has created a diverse menu of homemade dishes, including incredible tagliatelle with tasty sauces. The chocolate gelato ice cream is OMG good (we ate it every night!). Plus, the servers - Fausto and Jose - are attentive, nice, and friendly. No need to speak Spanish here, but, if you do, more the better.