“Probably good food, not good service, definite language barrier, would not recommend unless you speak Spanish”
Review of Il Nodo del Pirata - CLOSED

Il Nodo del Pirata
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We ate there at the recommendation of a hotel owner. The server could not tell us the difference between one item and another. He had no idea what the menu said. Rather then getting someone who knew what they were talking about or what we were asking he just stood there rather like a deer with the headlights on. I was very dissapointed that he did not try to get the Owner Manuella to help us. I ended up having the linguine (although I did not realize it as Linguine because it had the italian name and the waiter could not tell me what I was ordering) with the fresh tomatoe sauce. I actually was hoping for marinara sauce but that was not what I got. My husband was lucky enough to get a pomparora sauce with is marinara with meat. Service was large for me, adequate for most, pasta was adante (more on the hard side) I do not like it that way, but of course because of the language barrier could not expess my wishes. They did serve a fritate with egg, cheese, onion and squash as an appitizer for free which was very taste, although my husband likes to ruin everything with hot sauce. All in all I was not happy with this experience.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Shocked by how large a "1 person" pizza really was (easily could have served my wife and I with left overs), the food was quite delicious. The pizza was paper thin, but very crunchy, very good! But the best part of this restaurant is the ice cream! Real chocolate pieces mixed in with the ice cream? It may be the best heladeria in the Caribbean!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here two nights ago and were pleasantly surprised at how good it was. We both got pizza, which was very thin and quite good. We even had enough left over for lunch the next day. If you eat at this restaurant, make sure you do not pass up the chocolate ice cream. It just might be the best chocolate ice cream I have ever had. It has an extremely rich chocolate flavor. Usually the ice cream in the Caribbean is terrible, but not here! We are planning to go back at least once prior to the end of our trip so I can have the ice cream again!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We went here for a light pizza dinner one evening, expecting a quick meal in a casual setting, and were surprised by how nice the dining area is, better than just about anything else in town. Not at all what we had expected based on descriptions in guide books and on the appearance of the hotel whose building it shares. It's quiet despite being on the main road, full of lush plant life, and patrolled by a couple of huge fancy cats (easily twice the size of the sweet, petite kitty across the street at Le Tainos).

The pizzas we ordered were large and tasty, and I wish we had had the chance to return to try some of the other food, or at least to relax in the garden-like setting a bit longer.

2  Thank dougherucci
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Charming and elegant place, great food good price, my son had his tagliatelle bolognese loved him, my wife and i ate fish and pizza, all very good,also very good appetizer , the ice cream is to die for! We returned from vacation in june! Not fail there! From ny miguel and ana