“Lush setting”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We went here for a light pizza dinner one evening, expecting a quick meal in a casual setting, and were surprised by how nice the dining area is, better than just about anything else in town. Not at all what we had expected based on descriptions in guide books and on the appearance of the hotel whose building it shares. It's quiet despite being on the main road, full of lush plant life, and patrolled by a couple of huge fancy cats (easily twice the size of the sweet, petite kitty across the street at Le Tainos).

The pizzas we ordered were large and tasty, and I wish we had had the chance to return to try some of the other food, or at least to relax in the garden-like setting a bit longer.

2  Thank dougherucci

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Charming and elegant place, great food good price, my son had his tagliatelle bolognese loved him, my wife and i ate fish and pizza, all very good,also very good appetizer , the ice cream is to die for! We returned from vacation in june! Not fail there! From ny miguel and ana

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I loved the restaurant, not only was the food good but it was fresh and all home made!!!

Wide variety of dishes from seafood to home made ice cream and real italian pizza, you wont be disappointed.

The prices were excellent, cant wait to go back.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Try the best pizza in Las Galeras. The pasta was homemade fresh and she prepared it with curried shrimps . Yuuuuuumie
Homemade ice cream??? YEEEEEEEES

Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family just returned from Las Galeras last wk. The first restaurant we tried was this one. I was initially very happy with my gnocci with wild mushrooms, but felt I would have received a larger portion for the price in the US. I did not complain there. Everyone in our party seemed to be happy with their dishes. However, as we were leaving, after my daughter-in-law, an economics/poly sci. PhD candidate had worked on paying our bill...a man ran out of the restaurant after her, telling her we owed $25.00 more. She is fluent in Spanish, so was not confused about what he wanted. She thought it odd, but went back to the restaurant and paid it for us. She couldn't understand how she'd made a mistake - she's great with math, figures.The very next day, my son who is fluent in Spanish as well (and who lives in the DR) went for coffee with myself and husband. My husband gave the cashier 1,000 pesos...we'd ordered 3 fancy coffees. Of note, The Dominican currency confused my husband, and after about 2 minutes he said, "I think I gave him 1,000 pesos...not 100 pesos." Now, he'd JUST been to the bank to withdraw money, and with the amt. remaining in his wallet, it totally showed that he had indeed given the man 1,000 pesos. The man said he already had 1,000 pesos in his money drawer. So, they refused to fix it, and thus give us the correct change. We all felt given the two incidents - and with the same man being involved each time, plus the fact that the owner herself was present during all this second event (and refused to fix the problem) that the public should know. Be forewarned, if you decide to eat there. We decided that these money incidents were deliberate. Count money out slowly and carefully with witnesses, or better yet go elsewhere: they are also overpriced for what you get! You pay big taxes on dining out there. Take your main meal mid-day, as they do there, and try to eat at your B&B, or hotel if you can; go to Chez Denise. Go anywhere but here. Yes, I liked their gnocci, but there's more to the dining experience...and we would never, ever go back here again. Oh, and that pricy coffee...so-so. Far tastier AND faster service at Chez Denise, which was a real revelation.