$355
$110
  • Breakfast included
Villa Serena Hotel(Las Galeras)
$117
La Isleta Apartment Hotel(Las Galeras)(Great Value!)
$55
Labellaventura(Las Galeras)(Great Value!)
$65
TripAdvisor
Villa la Plantacion(Las Galeras)
  • Breakfast included
El Jardin del Coco(Las Galeras)
TripAdvisor
Hotel La Playita(Las Galeras)
TripAdvisor
Hotel el Marinique(Las Galeras)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsla playitaplaya rincondominican republicminute walknatural materialstree housethe main housenearest beachfront porchprivate bathroomplayita beachlocal guidewhale watchingeach morningauthentic experiencesamana peninsulaperfect place to stay
Reviewed August 27, 2017

The place is beautiful, the treatment was even better! I had reserved the place for a one-night stay on 8/23/17 but on the previous I was around the area and called the owner (Sarah) to check if we could have stayed the day before my reservation. She had a room available and I was able to stay there the night before. Once we got there Melvin greeted us and was excellent with the service he gave us. He recommended places to visit and told us about the four-wheelers they have for rent. The price was $65 dollars for a day. I noticed I didn’t bring enough money with me to enjoy the area. Melvin contacted Sarah and she was nice enough to lend me money which I returned to her via PayPal. Overall, we were very satisfied with the place, the rooms are beautiful and the service was amazing. We visited La playita and Playa Rincon on the four-wheeler. La playita is like 5 minutes away and playa Rincon is like 20 minutes away. The area is very safe and the locals were very helpful with directions. If you’re staying in Las Galeras I 100% recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2017

We really enjoyed our stay at Chalet Tropical. The staff was amazing, especially the boy at the reception who has an amazing singing voice. He went out of his way to help us with all the (sometimes difficult) questions we had, big shoot out!
We loved Sarah who made us feel like home.

The rooms are a bit dark, but never the less very special. And the village is just minutes away from one of the best beaches we have seen in the DR.

Overall a great experience.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
sarah p, Owner at Chalet Tropical Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Hi Robin, thank you for your review!! ... it get us just after we realized in your Chalet 2 there where 5 burned bulbs :-(
... my apologizes we didn't realized it before (even when I told about the darkness in some Chalets for taking good pictures, I didn't mean THAT MUCH !! :-))
Thank you again for your visit!

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Chalet Tropical Village is very nice. It is very near to the village center (Las Galeras is very small). You can get to the beach "La Playita" by walking ten minutes. The rooms are clean and the atmosphere is magic.
The owner Sarah suggested us to go to Salto el Limon and the services of the stables called "La Parada de la Manzana" advising us to buy there souvenirs and creams. DO NOT LISTEN TO HER. The prices there are three times higher than in other places and the workers are quite rude.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
SarahParadiso, Manager at Chalet Tropical Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Dear Alessio, I'm so sorry to read this feedback from you... I personally bought there products that I couldn't find in other place in the island, and if you find them somewhere else, please tell me because I would love to know it!!!
...actually I was thinking to buy and sell them in Chalet Tropical Village ... perhaps I will be able to make a better sell, without any deception for my beloved guests (and not beeing responsable for other company employers actitudes!).
My apologize for having give you a ti which was not useful at all!

Reviewed August 4, 2017

Loved Chalet Tropical, would definitely go back. Sarah is the best and we were able to schedule all excursions through Chalet, and got better pricing than had we booked online before we came, and I feel we got a better, local experience.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2017

the first night was a nightmare instead of the chalet shown in the internet the give us a terrible place in an old house of concrete that they call (cabana Taina) here the heat was incredible nobody could sleep. the next morning with too much dificulty we gat to be transfer to the chalet for what we have paid. now the place was nice, fresh to stay. learn from my experience before you paid be sure in what place you will be asigned.. if it haven't happened it would be a memorable weekend for all of us. the design of the chalet are really out of series where you feel in vacation ,remember the chalet NOT THE CABANA TAINA.

Room Tip: never accept to be in what they call (cabana Taina)
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family

dear Juan, thank you for this comment.
yes, as I told you when we spoke, I understood your disappoint, caused from the warmth of the house and I explained you the occasional troubles, that actually have been solved right now (with a top isolation).
But, a part of that, I'd like to light what you clearly re-mark about the house, to try to avoid any next mistakes from my future guests!
Chalet Tropical Village is made up of 5 villas at the moment:
- 4 are in an "A" shape, mostly in wood and stones, with laves-roofs and they are called "CHALET",
- and 1 is a concrete flat villa, with rustic decor, which is called CASA TAINA.
Depending on the exigences (some people prefer no stairs in the house), I can ensure that any of the solution give us chance to join the different requests we always have.
That said, as you said, it's always better to check the photos of the object of "your" reservation, to avoid any "bad" surprise!