“The cool and perfect place to stay:-)”

Chalet Tropical Village
Ranked #1 of 20 Las Galeras B&B and Inns
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,659 helpful votes
“The cool and perfect place to stay:-)”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I had a great stay with perfect accommodations for relax and have the perfect holidays near perfect beaches and far from the busy resorts.
Also Sarah, the owner, she is extremely helpfull, for information of the area and happy to organize trips with very well recommended company to have the best value for your money.
She help me to get easily to a day trip to playa Fronton with a very good organization boat local company. Same comments for going to watch whales in samana.
I felt in safe hands, and got always great advise. DR is a place where many local people try to get you on boats, trips, destinations, promising cheap options, which you most likely regret afterwards.
I would go back for my holidays again without doubts.

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Elmunyoz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I loved Chalet Tropical! From the moment we arrived, we felt very safe and comfortable. Sarah, the owner, was extremely nice and helpful. Our chalet (#2) was very well appointed with everything we needed for the week. Drinking water, full size fridge, kitchen appliances, and towels (beach and bath), were provided. Breakfast was delicious too! Our house was in a great location b/c it was a 10 minute walk to Playa Playita or the village. Sarah helped us arrange rides to and from the Santo Domingo airport, whale watching in Samana, and made us reservations at El Cabito. She is there to help with anything. The wifi is a nice addition too. We would certainly stay here again, and even bring our young son because the grounds are family friendly. Staying at Chalet Tropical made our trip to the DR an amazing experience!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brownsville, Maryland
Reviewed February 24, 2013

If you are adventurous enough to reach the town of Las Galeras on the Samana Peninsula in the Dominican Republic, be sure and stay at the Chalet Tropical. It is a wonderful combination of eccentric yet comfortable and clean cottages unlike any you will have experienced. The gardens are lovely, the beds big and comfortable, the showers hot and the kitchenette quite unique. Sarah is the epitome of a gracious host and the breakfasts are delicious. La Playita beach is just beautiful and a short walk away. Las Galeras, also a short walk, is an interesting little town with good food and groceries.

Room Tip: There are only 3 cottages, two small ones and a bigger one. The bigger can accomodate 5 people and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hermosa, South Dakota
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I will preface this review by disclosing that my husband and I are innkeepers ourselves, so you can guess we know what to look for in a B&B and may be more particular than most guests...

Our stay at Chalet Tropical was everything we expected, and more. We had never been to the Dominican Republic and wanted lodging that would make us feel at home and give us a true flavor of the DR. We chose it because of all the wonderful reviews on TripAdvisor. Professionally, we know the value of excellent reviews!

A B&B is only as good as its innkeeper. Chalet Tropical's innkeeper, Sarah, is truly the heart and soul behind the inn. She is a kind and helpful lady, ensuring that our stay in the DR (7 days) was as good as it could be. Her hospitality began months before we arrived, with emails explaining everything from logistics to fun activities. A big bonus for us was she speaks English... a must since we don't speak Spanish!

We stayed in Chalet #2 and found it clean, comfortable, and very interesting (the circular stone shower is one-of-a-kind). Our chalet was nicely cleaned every 2 days.

We ordered breakfast a few days we were there, and since we had a small kitchen, were able to make a few meals ourselves. Sarah's breakfasts were so much fun and delicious... Being from the midwest (U.S.), a true tropical breakfast was a treat!

We wish Sarah the best, and encourage all visitors to consider booking at Chalet Tropical!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Telford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The Dominican Republic was one of my most memorable and most cherished trips. What made the experience so exceptionally grand? It was my stay at the Chalet Tropical and all the staff members there. Sarah was so kind - from our first words spoken over e-mail to the time that I met her. She is one of the most kind-hearted, loving, generous, and caring women that I have ever met. On our first day in the DR, we were not sure what to do first - so Sarah just took us under her wing and helped us guide out our first day and week. She even had little "Philadelphia Phillies" towels in our Chalet - knowing we were from Philly! It was awesome!! Sarah always made my friends and I feel at home and made sure that we were having the time of our lives!! The weather there is fabulous!!! The Chalets are about 10mins from town and 10 mins from the beach (walking). The beaches are incredible! You never want to close your eyes because the sight is so amazing! The Chalets were like nothing that I have ever seen before. They are handcrafted master pieces!! Truly Amazing! My girlfriends and i had such a lovely time relaxing in the Chalets, enjoying the beach, going horse back riding, and hanging out together - and with Sarah!! Sarah always made sure that we were well taken care of and always made sure we were safe - and that we had the best possible time ever! When I think back to this trip - it was one of the BEST trips of my life! The beaches were amazing! The food was superb! The company was awesome! The Chalets were incredible! And Sarah was absolutely charming! Sarah made our stay one of the most memorable EVER! She is such a beautiful soul and a lovely hostess! Her entire family was fun and friendly! And even the dog & cat (Vicki and Garfield) were entertaining, enjoyable and lovable. I have traveled to many different countries - but the DR was one of the BEST! The Chalet Tropical is a place like no other - you just hafta go and experience it for yourself!

Room Tip: ALL the Chalets are lovely!! Each one is unique!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Juliann2081
Weert, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Being for one week guest of Sarah and her team at Chalet Tropical is feeling being at home. Living in tastefull designed and decorated chalets in a peacefull atmospere is the maximum expercience we ever had. All the daily trips we did, by our own car of by boat, were exiciting and exceptional.
It was a week in paradise!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Maupvantol
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Let me start by saying i'm sorry that this review took us so long to write! My husband and myself stayed at Chalet Tropical Village in June of 2011 (not 2012) for 10 nights (which wasn't long enough!) THe hospitality was amazing from the minute we stepped off of the plane, actually before we even left. Sarah was so great at answering emails quickly and helped us set up transportation before we arrived. Marcus, our taxi driver was wonderful! My husband and myself were a little worried about this being our first "real" vacation, far from home, and us not knowing much spanish, but our fears were put to rest when we met Sarah. She was so sweet, and accomodating. Sarah took us on a walk to the beach so we would know how to get there. The first night we arrived it was raining and we didnt rent a car so we didn't want to go to town. Sarah helped us order delivery and a bottle of rum! If i put everything about how amazing our honeymoon was into this review it will be a novel, and i'm sure i will bore you. One thing that really stood out is i have bad kidney problems and was coming down with an infection towards the end of the trip..if it weren't for Sarah I would have never been able to get the medication i needed until i got home, and wouldnt have been able to enjoy our last 2 days there. We can NOT wait to go back. Everything was perfect.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo
21 Palms B&B
21 Palms B&B
#2 of 20 in Las Galeras

Been to Chalet Tropical Village? Share your experiences!