“Terrible road! Remote location.”
Review of El Cabito

El Cabito
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Las Galeras
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: El Cabito is an eco-friendly business, perched on the cliffs of Cabo Cabron, overlooking the spectacular Rincon Bay. It is a place where nature speaks for itself, and where one can feel a natural radiation of energy. Our vision for El Cabito is to create a place of tranquility and serenity, where people can unwind from a hectic lifestyle and connect with nature. Our strategically located restaurant and accommodations contribute to this unique experience. We have designed a number of flexible accommodation options to meet everyone's budget.
Reviewed May 8, 2014

This restaurant is on a tiny dirt road filled with potholes and rocks. If you are driving yourself, make sure you have 4X4, or that you are comfortable driving on very rough, winding, rocky road. We were afraid of getting a flat tire on our rental car. Most of all PHONE BEFORE YOU GO TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE OPEN!!!! After a long, stressful drive, we were faced with "Closed for Holidays" signs, and nowhere to turn our car around. I would never do this road again without checking to see if the restaurant is open, and even then I might consider if the drive was worth it.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

The restaurant at El Cabito (they also have accommodations) overhangs an awesome cliff and faces West, so if you're making the trek out there, make sure to do it in time for sunset. It is quite a trek. Although I know some backpackers hike there from town, I think it would take about 45 minutes to walk. But it's easy enough in a car using the directions on their website. The menu changes daily, and there are only about 8 items to choose from. When we were there, it was nothing but seafood. I was dining with a vegetarian, and although they didn't seem thrilled about it, they made up a pasta dish, which turned out to be excellent. I think not including alcohol we paid about 25 dollars for 2 people. Speaking of alcohol, they made the best mojito I've had in the DR. We were the only customers that night, which added to the intimacy.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

While visiting the are a few of us went to the El Cabito. The trip there was exciting and the view when we arrived was fabulous, It was well worth the $30 taxi ride. The food was good but it was expensive, Entre plus a drink ran $35 each. .by the time we left it was dark and we couldn't find the washrooms. I don't think are well marked. . We would go back again but maybe for a few drinks in the afternoon..Dining was a little to expensive I thought for what u get

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

The views and location of this restaurant is amazing! However, restaurant is overpriced ($15-$40 per entree) and the quality of the food is hit or miss. We ate here twice. First time we went everything was great!! Second time I was shocked at the quality of the fish. It was incredibly oily and not fresh. We told the owner and he kept coming up with excuses, as if, we weren't tasting it correctly. We hardly ate anything because it tasted horrible and he only refunded one entree. I much prefer monte azul!!!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

To describe the drive here as harrowing is an understatement, but you won't regret it once you arrive. The place probably seats a total of 25 people and the views out into the bay are absolutely stunning. The food is also top-notch. My better half and I had the seafood paella and it was one of the best we have ever had. A very, very enjoyable experience.