El Cabito
$182
$121
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Villa Serena Hotel(Las Galeras)
$117
$130
$126
Hotels.com
Hotel Las Ballenas Escondidas(Santa Barbara de Samana)(Great Value!)
$62
$50
Hotel Cotubanama Samana(Santa Barbara de Samana)(Great Value!)
$23
Hotel Nuevo Amanecer(Santa Barbara de Samana)
$45
Hotel el Marinique(Las Galeras)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
HotelsForEveryone
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 2, 2012

El Cabito is a little piece of heaven right here on earth! The location is idyllic, perched on a cliff overlooking the ocean. The views are simply breathtaking! We even saw humpback whales playing while we were there. We came for a sunset dinner and it was truly magnificent. The food was fresh and delicious and the service was accommodating and very friendly. John, the owner and Lela, the manager were especially lovely. We spent 2 nights in the hammocks which were, surprisingly comfortable and very affordable. Our 5 year old daughter had a blast! It's a little far from town without a car but if you're not traveling with children, it's totally doable. We hiked to Playa Madama, which is a stunning beach nearby but a tough hike with a little one. My husband ended up carrying my daughter a good deal of the way. (Bring food and water, there are no provisions at the beach.) We had a fantastic time and I HIGHLY recommend El Cabito both for dinner and as a place to stay.

Room Tip: The hammocks are cheap and cheerful and SUPRISINGLY comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank talienyc
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Just returned from a week in the DR, and landed at El Cabito twice... it was a highlight.
Food was amazing, but the atmosphere is what really made it become one of our favorite spots. We didn't stay here, but after hiking all day, we landed here for some cold beer, and made reservations for dinner for the following night. There are only a few tables, so it's low key.
Can't wait to go again...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank trieuski
Reviewed February 28, 2012

This is a really nice place, beautiful location, great food, and very gentle and cool owners. The center of Las Galeras is a 35/40 minutes walk (a nice walk) away. The view is spectacular from the restaurant. I've stayed in the cabana. It's a really nice place to stay there, open, without windows in the upper floor, it's nice to sit there and chill. El cabito is neer the jungle, so frogs and spiders can very possibly pass a night in the cabana, but there is nothing you should be afraid of. In the night you are proceted also by a moskito net.

El cabito gets its energy from a generator. If you are tired and want to go sleeping early, maybe the generator can disturb you, because it's neer the cabanas. But i slept anyway, even with the generator on. When all clients are at bed, and no energy is needed, the generator is turned off. So, if you want to go downstairs to the toilet at night, better you take a torch with you in the bed, so you can make your own light and see where you go. Because of this i took away a star. But in fact i felt here a five star nature and human experience, and the generator noise at night is surely better than the noise of the discos in town, wich you cannot switch off!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We didn't stay here, but came out for dinner. I have to say the atmosphere, drinks, food. location and service were all amazing. I would highly recommend coming here to eat. John was super friendly and directed us to a short cut that saved us a long walk in the dark up a big hill.

Room Tip: This isn't a room tip, but if you are coming for dinner make sure you arrive just before sunset! It is wonderful.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Newinoldtown
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Went here earlier this year. The Catrin was friendly when I arrived and made sure the taxi didn't rip me off. They charged me next to nothing to sleep in a hammock in one of the straw huts. I slept like a baby surrounded by the sounds of crashing waves. Breakfast the next morning was delicious and they were happy to oblige to my dietary restrictions. The bathroom is a bit of a walk from the room though. Had a great time, there is a beautiful beach within walking distance and even walking to town didn't take that long. Can't wait to go back. I was told that if I wanted I could bring my tent and stay for even less. Definitely a place to go if you're travelling on a budget.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo