Country Club Hotel & Suites
  • Free Internet
All reviewsnice locationsofasloungewintergreecevillage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Was there few weeks ago with my friend. We did lot of trekking, horse riding and the hotel room was just perfect. Breakfast not that much as in other hotels I have stayed but ok.
Evritania is one of the most beautiful areas in Greece, worth visiting.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Karpenisi looks different from that area. Mountnains look amazingly nice with or without snow. We have been there several times at different season and it's different every time (winter with snow...spring...Easter time), but still amazing. You stay at that hotel and you feel so lucky. Great rooms with so nice view and very clean. Amazing and full breakfast. But the most important you have a great staff ready to help you and, especially, Yiannis Kelesidis who is not only the manager but he is one of us. Trying to run the place with professionalism and at the same time to be friendly and make you feel so comfortable and relaxed. So relaxed and peacefull. You start with an excellent and fresh breakfast, you are having your coffee at the nice garden full of trees and then you leave for many road-trips. When you come back tired from all-day trip you can have a nice dinner and have your coffee or your drink at the amazing lobby area. Such a design! Hope to go again and again !!! Maria Aslanidou.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank MARIASLAN
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is a cute medium size hotel run by a trully professional manager, Yannis Kelesides. Thus, the service is impeccable. Great lobby area with a huge fireplace and the rooms depsite been a little worn out, are warm , spacious and cozy. The area is ideal since everything is a 10-15 min ride from there. Breakfast and food in general is at high standards.

Room Tip: The ones with fireplace are really nice
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
8  Thank savask
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I almost died in this hotel from CO poisoning. We got an upgrade for a suite which has its own energy fireplace. The fire protection system was shut down and as I was sleeping the whole room got filled with smoke from the fireplace! Of course the fire alarm did not go off and I woke up after 3 hours with my room literally filled with smoke (I could not see the other end of the room).
Luckily I am a light sleeper but imagine if elder people or children were sleeping in the room.
And may I say, no instructions were provided on how to light the fireplace! On the contrary I was almost encouraged to light it myself!
What made it fatal is that in order to save electricity they shut down the ventilation pump of the fireplace WITHOUT NOTIFYING YOU FIRST which is what caused the whole smoke release incident. (Of course at the beginning no instructions were provided in order to notify us of the existence of such a ventilation pump or were the switch is - which is by the way hidden in a cupboard OUTSIDE the room).
AND SINCE THE FIRE ALARM WAS OFF IN THE ROOM THERE WAS NO WARNING SO I KEPT SLEEPING. And slept until I started dreaming that I was burning up (I think it was because I was smelling all that smoke), which is why I woke up.

Funny thing is that I read that the management was rude to some people. Well it was such a fatal error not to have a fire protection system (which may I just say, we had to investigate ourselves! Had we not checked the fire protection system after the smoke incident, we wouldn't have discovered that it was off). Obviously having been busted, the manager admitted that the fire protection system was off and he was very polite and apologetic. I don't care really.
I am of course filling an official complaint since the most fatal error is that they don't have a fire protection system which is illegal and dangerous. I decided to write it to this website too in order to prevent families with small children from visiting this hotel.
Luckily I just got away with headaches, red eyes and a sore throat. Minimal considering what could have happened.
Other than that the hotel is fine - a bit to expensive if you ask me for what it has to offer. But what made me give a Terrible review is that I almost died and no pretentious luxury is worth your life.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank Croco388
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We are a family of 2 adults and 3 children,ages 12,10 and 8. We visited Country Club to spend the New Year's holidays.
The hotel is located in Mikro Chorio, having above it the forests of Evrytania area. It's a very cosy hotel, very nice common area, a beautiful fire place in the sitting area of the hotel, very nice breakfast, excellent service from the friendly staff. For the New Year's Eve they had organize a party that fulfilled our needs. Very relaxing areas. We were lucky enough to see snow falling in the area, in higher altitude than the hotel is, but the hotel was very near to the ski slopes of Vellouchi. May be the hotel needs some face-lifting in the rooms. We were given a suite which I was expecting to be quite bigger but since we had so many things to do in the area it wasn't a major problem.
To conclude, I recommend this hotel for short or long visits of the area, for families and couples as well.
P.S. Dear Giannis ( owner ), if you ever manage to build an indoor swimming in your premises it would be the thing that misses from your hotel to keep kids even more busy.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family