“Best Chicken Parm in the area”

riccardo's italian restaurant
Ranked #6 of 48 Restaurants in Amherstburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 1-1/2 Blocks South Of Fort Malden
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We love this place - it is pretty much the only place in Amherstburg we really look forward to going to diner at. This place is always busy and he does well. I think it's about time to upgrade the customer eatting area or put an expansion on - all would make it even better.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This busy little restaurant draws a lot of business, especially in the summer. The smell of garlic lures you in from down the street. They have a very nice patio, looking out on the lovely park that runs along the Detroit river.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I went to Ricardo's hoping for some great Italian food. It was anything but that. Very bland basic Italian cuisine, insulting really to the Italian community here I would say. Ther service I'm not even going to touch base on as it was just a horrible experience.
If you want really truly great Italian get in your car and drive down to Erie Street in Windsor.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is our second time at Riccardo's, first time was nice, second time however, I brought my husbands parents and the service was not good. We were hurried to leave, even though we had reservations and were only there a total of 35 minutes. As well as, upon leaving we had a gift certificate that we bought for christmas for my husbands parents, the waitress said she'd be right back to check the gift card and upon returning said "you only left me $4.00." Which, was rude since we left $7.00, not $4.00. I was excited to bring my husbands parents to Riccardo's but due to the unfriendly behaviour I will not be returning.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Excellent food and great service. love the mushrooms and the seafood platter. The house wine is delicious and beer is cheap!