We stayed for a three nights at the Stock Resort based almost entirely on the great reviews on this site. We enjoyed our stay. Here's our feedback:
- great site - at about 800 meters, you are nestled between some large mountains, but not high enough for it to be too chilly in the summer. This place must be great for winter holidays as well.
- good rooms, we had a family suit which was great for our 2 young children. the place was well baby proofed, with gates at the stairs and safe balconies. We had a beautiful view of the valley. Not cheap, but I think you get what you pay for.
- great facilities: 3 pools, one large water slide, a childrens playground, tennis courts within 100 meters, mountain bikes for use, a top notch gym, rafting excursions, etc. You never need to be bored here.
- great kids club, open til 10pm with nice staff.
- good food - especially the breakfast was amazing. (we barely needed lunch)
- nice staff.
- the spa was nice, although the desk staff didn't really encourage (or even inform) us to use all of the associated facilities.
The not so good:
- no baby creche. Babysitting costs 20 Eur/hr.
- assigned seating during dinner. The first night we were seated in a very stuffy, overheated part of the restaurant. This was awful for our baby. We were told that this was our assigned table for the rest of our stay. When we requested another table, to their credit, they did accomodate us. But why have this policy in the first place?
- church bells.....for all you late sleepers...the local church is 50 meters away. Thank goodness, the bells don't start ringing til 8am, but still annoying.
- no AC - when we stayed here, temps were about 26C.....i wouldnt want to stay here if things got any warmer. The newer suites have AC, so you might want to consider these in the heart of summer.
- if you do wish to watch some telly during your stay, be aware that there are no english stations (other than BBC news and perhaps CNN)
Finally, and this is no fault of the resort, be aware that the guests at the resort (mostly German speaking) were not all that pleased to see small children/babies that did not conform to their notion of a well raised (read: partially sedated!) child. Our baby had trouble sleeping and wasnt always on her best behavior.....we have never gotten so many angry stares in our lives. Quite a change from relaxed Spain or Italy! Just something to be aware off.
Because of the lack of a baby creche and the attitude of some of the guests towards younger children, we will hold off returning to the resort for a few years. But we do highly recommend the resort for any couple of family with bigger kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5-Star Hotel STOCK Resort - An exclusive wellness hotel in Tyrol / Austria - which brings together cordiality, charm & tradition, ensuring relaxation for body & soul The unique STOCK feeling enchants its guests 365 days a year. The 5000 m² SPA & beauty area provides pure relaxation. The STOCK provides an excellent service for singles, couples and families - a place for regeneration and leisure. Stock Diamond SPA & Beauty in the wellness hotel STOCK in Tyrol In the STOCK's beauty area guests can experience exceptional luxury. In 21 individually designed treatment rooms, among them a romantic bath, Ayurveda rooms and a Shiatsu and singing bowl room, exclusive treatments using Stock Diamond products - the only place in the world you'll find them - provide an unforgettable well-being holiday. Experience a wonderfully relaxing time in the luxurious, tranquil water bed rooms and in the heated outdoor 25 metre swimming pool. A visit to the log cabin sauna, the Kelo sauna and the herb and flower blossom steam baths complete an inspiring wellness experience; there are a total of 11 saunas in the STOCK resort. Sport & Vital in one of the most beautiful hotels in Austria In the STOCK Resort wellness hotel, skiing and hiking guides along with qualified fitness trainers provide healthy variety six days a week, whatever the season. In the new 190 m² Panorama Fitness Studio the majestic all-encompassing view, high-end equipment and bespoke personal training provided is impressive. Pleasure & cuisine at its most exclusive in this 5-star hotel in Tyrol Your day begins with a special balanced breakfast, made using fresh produce from the neighbouring farms. In the afternoon there is an extensive wellness buffet for your enjoyment. The first-rate 6-course dinner in the evening transforms the resort into a gourmet hub. Indulge in the hotel's own "Mount Stock" wines, enjoy the selection of the finest wines in our wine cellar, or sit back and relax in the Smokers Lounge. Every day in our Kaminhalle you get to relax and there are weekly highlights and live music. Family holiday in the STOCK wellness hotel in Tyrol / Austria Providing relaxation for parents, while meeting children's requirements - this Tyrolean family hotel, the STOCK resort, has managed to combine both. An educational, supervised programme of events for children and teenagers 7 days a week, the new Aqua Fun Park which has a 70 metre long tyre slide and a spacious family sauna, mean that fun and relaxation for all the family come together. Quality and Alpine lifestyle in the wellness hotel STOCK resort First-class comfort, which is defined by a wonderful combination of Tyrol charm and state-of-the-art facilities, sets the tone in the STOCK resort. All the rooms and suites are a place of calm for singles, couples and families. The new Alpine Lodge suites convey the STOCK feeling, as do the rooms, which are filled with character. Experience this unique well-being realm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Stock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sporthotel Stock Finkenberg