“Fun but $$$$”

and up
Camel Ride and Plantation Tour
Ranked #4 of 12 things to do in Lucea
More attraction details
Owner description: In a natural lagoon, set in the warm waters of the Caribbean Sea, surrounded by the lush beauty of Jamaica's flora, Humans, Dolphins, and sharks become friends at Jamaica's # 1 attraction, Dolphin Cove. We offer snorkelling with stingrays, a jungle trek, Tropical birds at our own aviary and many more things to help you enjoy your entire day.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was a fun trip and thankfully we came across an "upgrade coupon" from our resort. It seemed like most resorts had this which was an upgrade from one package to another, thus instead of the encounter we did the swim. This made it worth the $140 we spent on this package. Some things to know about the encounter that we didn't plan for since this was a last minute decision:

-no cameras while during the swim
-$15 per print or like $100 for a dvd of pictures
-shark show is good for children but costs money to pet the shark
-sting ray show is fun and would be nice to have brought a water camera

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"a bit pricey"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed July 11, 2013

this by far exceeded my expectations!! you have to do this ..the grounds are well kept and staff of course is very friendly...the experience itself I must say was shorter than I wanted it to be but definitely well worth it...I also got to experience camel riding and touching sting rays!! they have what they call a shark show which was corny but hey it is what it is!! the dolphins and sharks are well trained and you can tell they are being well taken care of ...a little tip if you are gonna do this hire a local driver and negotiate the price for taking you...I saved at least 50.00 bucks going this route and I was able to take my time and not be rushed ...also something you should know be prepared to spend 60.00 if you want your pictures which I sure you will because they donot allow people to take pics close up...overall this is a memory ill never forget!!

1  Thank itstiani
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Went here for my birthday June 18th 2013 with three other adults and a wheelchair user. Quite a way from the heart of Montego bay. Nice grounds, good setting. Guide said it was disabled friendly, however was not really appropriate for wheelchair users due to uneven terrain to wheel the chair across. (we managed it but in doing so missed the first part of the experience-about 10 mins and they didn't wait nor repeat it for us). The time with the dolphins on a one to one wasn't much, quite expensive for what you actually get, but the photos were nice and we were pleased we went. Bathroom facilities were clean and well maintained. Plenty of other things too such as: camel riding, shark and stingray experiences. Merchandise was quite expensive. DVD and photos $139.00- which we paid as to be fair there were some good ones. All in all a good trip out and glad we went.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My first dolphin experience was at Dolphin's Cove in Negril. The facility is clean and the people are very nice. The excursion was a little shorter than I expected, and there's so many people waiting for their chance to kiss / swim with the dolphins, so there's a bit of waiting around. I was a little intimidated by the size of the dolphin, but he was well trained. The water is a little muggy, and quite deep! I am a good swimmer, but I felt as though my life jacket barely held me above water. Be cautious about this if you're not a strong swimmer!

If you think the initial cost of attending the cove is expensive, you have seen nothing. As other reviewers have said, you can't bring your own camera -- we paid about $90USD for a CD of the pictures they took of us. They don't even tell you they are taking pictures, so in half of the pictures I am making awful faces. I would have appreciated someone telling me to open my eyes or smile, especially if they were going to rip me off so much! EVERYONE expects a tip. The dolphin trainers want a tip, the sting ray / shark guys want a tip, the bus driver wants a tip, the camera people want a tip. I feel like I did nothing but shell out singles. The shark show was funny, the guys who performed were great. Overall, decent experience. Not sure if I would ever spend the money to do it again, except to maybe get a better picture!

dolphincoveltd, Manager at Dolphin Cove, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

We appreciate your feedback both good and bad. We have made note of the problem of the tipping and are making steps to address this. Again I thank you for making it Dolphin Cove.