Just got back from a week at the Grand Palladium and overall it was a great vacation, other than the fact that it was cloudy and windy for half of the time and even rained for a whole day.
- The main pool is huge and beautifully designed - several restaurants built around the pool, with the ocean just beyond, allowing for great views! Loved the chairs built into the pool!
- No shortage of shaded areas by the main pool as there are rows and rows of chairs covered by palapas but if sun is your preference, there are several areas for that too.
- Lots of restaurants and bars to choose from.
- Several of the a la carte restaurants had salad bars too so it was the best of both worlds.
- Buffets offer huge variety and the quality of food is very good for being buffets.
- Sauna in the spa area is very big and very hot.
- There are covered walkways to cover almost the entire grounds which is great for shade and rain.
- Beautiful grounds and buildings.
- It takes 30-75 minutes to get into some of the a la carte restaurants for dinner (it even took us 45 minutes to put our name down one night). This is despite the fact that you can see empty tables in the restaurants. They also have extremely slow service - probably a lack of servers or cooks but the food was very good.
- No non-smoking rooms and you can occasionally smell smoke drifting into your room.
- Some kind of loud, strange chirping noise in the courtyard area outside the rooms which is almost constant.
- The showers in the room have extremely poor drainage - you're pretty much standing in a few inches of water the whole time you're in the shower.
- No face towels - bring your own.
- They frequently run out of towels by the pool and at the gym.
- The music playing in the restaurants and the gym are the same few tracks repeating over and over, day after day.
- They don't have any spray bottles at the gym to wipe down the equipment after you're done using it (although they do have staff wiping equipment down periodically).
- There is a lack of washrooms near the main pool.
- They don't serve any food poolside, nor do they have any waiters that come around to take drink orders.
- No room service.
- The spa packages advertised on the website do not exist - false advertising!
- Spa staff is not very friendly.
Nice to know:
- They provide cribs but not a proper fitted sheet - they just give you a flat sheet to tuck in so bring your own fitted sheet.
- They have iPod chargers in the rooms.
- They only have 2 in 1 shampoo & conditioner - if I had known I would have brought my own conditioner.
- For those who have a preference, they have Coke, not Pepsi
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa Lucea