8,039 results
All reviewsgrand palladiumlady hamilton sidesports barjerk hutmain poolmontego bayocean viewa la carte restaurantsjerk chickensteaksunset cove beachitalian restaurantwater sportsseafoodrick's cafered stripebad reviews
Reviewed March 28, 2016

My daughter and I just returned from The Grand Pallidium. It was a long weekend over Easter. All in all I LOVED the resort. Property beautiful and the food excellent. We went to dinner about 6:30 every night and had no wait at all. All staff friendly and found hotel spotless. Check in and out easy. This is my honest thoughts....take from it what you want.

We stayed in Villa 15 oceanfront 3rd floor. No problem if us but is is a far walk from main area/beaches. Shuttles always around and no issue at all. I would recommend Villa 11 or 12. Perfect location to all. Room was very clean which is very important to me. No complaints at all.

Main pool big and beautiful. Major concern in NO shade. I am a sun lover but if you don't get down by 6:45 am you will NOT get a hut or even a lounge chair by the beach. Beach is more a cove but water crystal clear and beautiful. No complaints at all, just in need of more umbrellas and chairs.

Food was very good. Buffet always had something for everyone. Inside buffet much better than outside one. It was bigger and air conditioned. Steak house was excellent. Portions are small but you can always ask for me.

TIPS: Bring an insulted travel coffee mug. They have a small coffee maker in the room. You can walk to the buffet to get coffee but they give you little travel cup. Fill up your mug so you can take to go!!!! Also, people brought their own big cups to fill at the bar. That was a great idea. The drinks are small and come in plastic 8 oz cups. They don't come around at the beach so you can take less trips.

All in all it was a great trip and will for sure go back. Keep in mind it is a very big resort so you will get your exercise in.

Room Tip: Villas 11 or 12 for sure. Bring a travel coffee mug, hairdryer, and large insulted mug to fill up your frozen cocktails.
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family
7  Thank Renee R
Grand Palladium R, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2016

Dear Renee R,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your review based off your stay here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We are elated that your vacation with us was a wonderful one and that you enjoyed all that our property has to offer. We have taken note of the area which you would like to be improved and will ensure that corrective actions are taken.

It was our pleasure hosting you and we welcome you to visit again in the near future. Please feel free to contact us if there is anything that we can do from this end. Until your next stay, best wishes from our Palladium Family.

Regards,

Reviewed March 28, 2016 via mobile

We went to the Grand Palladium Jamaica on March 19 to 26, 2016 and here's our experience:

RESTAURANTS: There's 10 restaurants on site and all of them are great! Lots of options. Chez Bubba (grill house) was our favorite. The buffet was great too. Although there's really only one place to have breakfast everyday (which was the buffet), so a bit limited. The menu for room service was excellent too!

BAR SERVICE: Plenty of bars around to grab a drink. My one suggestion would be to have servers come around to patrons while they're by the pool/beach.

HOTEL ROOMS: The rooms were ok. We stayed at Villa 13 (Jamaica side) which was a good distance to the resort. We really lucked out getting a villa close to the main resort area. If you're at a farther villa, be prepared to walk in the heat after a long day as we didn't see too many shuttles coming by.

Our toilet wasn't working properly (always had to flush 2x to get the water to stop running). And our A/C wasn't all that great - all of our nights felt humid and sticky. However,  we apparently paid for a Junior Suite, but our room was huge! King bed,  table with chairs, couch, balcony, etc. Walls are a bit thin.....we could hear doors slamming and stuff upstairs occasionally.

On the plus side, it was our first time in a hotel where our mini fridge in our room was stocked daily. Not just water, but pop and beer!

BEACH AREA: The beach was nice, especially the Lady Hamilton side. They offer non-motorized sports which was fun! The cabanas were nice - just have to ensure you get up at the butt-crack of dawn to get a shaded cabana and chair. Otherwise you're SOL.

POOL AREA(S): The pools were great, especially the infinity pool. It never felt crowded. There are many pools on the resort, some are kid-free too.

MISCELLANEOUS: For non-smokers (like myself) be warned that the whole resort permits smoking. This occasionally was a problem for me. Also, the resort had no elevators, so you must always use stairs to get to your room and the front desk.

What I really liked about the resort is that there are no locals on site trying to sell you stuff. This was really surprising for us,  as other resorts constantly had people trying to sell us stuff everywhere.

Also, there were so many activities on site to keep us active.

The staff were pleasant, helpful, hard-working, and accommodating. It was comforting to know staff were willing to help with anything to make our stay enjoyable.

Overall, great resort!

Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Gee M

Dear Gee M,

Thank you for sharing your review about your recent vacation here with us. We appreciate your positive comments and we are pleased to read about the wonderful time and experiences that you have had.

As a 5 Star Resort we pride ourselves in the level of service which we provide to our guests. It is important that our guests have a grand vacation and it is great to know that you enjoyed all that we have to offer.

It was our pleasure hosting you and we welcome you to visit again in the near future for another vacation nothing short of Grand!

Best regards,

Travel club member since 2014
5th visit to palladium in 4 years
LONG REVIEW (ARTICLE) BUT HEART AND SOULS IN IT. Coming from a true Jamericanese (Jamaican, American, Vietnamese)

Where do I begin. When my wife and I first came to Jamaica back in 2013 we immediately fell in love with the island and the resort. Now when we first came to palladium, the resort was fresh and was about 2 years old. It boasted the largest pool in Jamaica with a lot of amenities and a la cartes. The staff were extremely nice and helpful and always had a smile on their face. We have visited other resorts due to excursions we signed up for and it had nothing on palladium. What kept us coming back was the warm family feeling the staff gave and that's the honest truth.

We had signed up for the travel club back in 2014 (second visit). GP has resorts scattered all around the world and when you sign up you get discounted rates and free weeks depending on your plan for any one of the resorts. They hook you up with $100 you can use at the gift shop (not the convenience store), a welcoming gift (rum,coffee,hot sauce, jerk chicken sauce), reservations to all the a la cartes, private check in, and transportation to and from the resort. To be honest each year we came we did indeed see the resort starting to improve. From rooms being freshly refurnished, to the restaurants being refurnished, casino getting updated slot machine games and the new addition in 2014 of POP (people of palladium).

Now when we first came this resort was originally an adults only resort, slowly it turned into a family oriented resort and we aren't complaining we understand that they gotta generate more revenue so they made it all around more open for families.

Dining updates: blue lagoon used to be open for breakfast but they since removed it unfortunately (beautiful view of the ocean and pool while you enjoy your breakfast). Lotus (Asian) has fell off this year the food has dropped a few notches. Indian has really stepped their game up and it's freshly renovated and their menu is amazing. Bubbas steakhouse improves each and every time, Italian has fell off but the restaurant itself looks amazing. Poseidon is great seafood by the beach. YOU WANT THE BEST FOOD ON THE RESORT? JERK HUT IN SUNSET COVE BY FAR BEST LUNCH EVER. Closes at 4:30pm

They have gotten a lot better with newly added room service up until 11pm because the first two visits we would starve after dinner from 10pm-7am as there was nowhere to get food (we gotten accustomed to it and began to get a ride to the town of Lucea about 10 minutes from the resort to go into the supermarket and get instant noodles and snacks). The carts have multiplied and are practically available at all times of the day, the bell boys are a great help and always lighten the day with their positive attitudes (look for Rayan and Peach! We have known them for years and always look forward to seeing them).

Wifi has gotten better but it's not the best in your room or practically 50% of the resort so they still got work to do. Travel club hours have extended so that was a positive. They have finally made the exception for cargo shorts to be worn for dinner (back then you had to have pants or you can't eat in the a la cartes). Lobster dinner price has dropped to $30 and wine has also dropped it used to be more expensive.

NOW FOR THE BOMBSHELL. My wife had visited Jamaica a week before we came for our anniversary and went to Iberostar for her friends birthday celebration and boy did she have updates for me! Wifi is strong at all times and is free (Palladium used to charge for wifi this is the first year they stopped) instead on paying $30 for one lobster you can eat all you want at no charge. The resort is huuuuuuge compared to Palladium, the food quality is better and they actually make good food including the buffet. GP's buffet has been the same for 4 years with no improvements to better tasting or newer menu (I can literally name you all the food they serve at least 80% off the top of my head just because we experienced the same thing for so long). Now I only boast another resort because we have fallen out of love for GP (As I will explain later in this review). If this is your first time or going to be your first time coming to Jamaica or GP then you will have an amazing time and a wonderful stay. Unfortunately for us the money invested into joining the travel club and coming each and every year it doesn't match up with what we seen or heard about other resorts and witnessing with the current one (GP). GP will sucker you in for a meeting to explain the benefits and treat you like "family" keyword "family" but listen to me when I say the moment that contract is signed and your money has been collected that word goes out the window. You are now a dollar sign, a number, a regular Joe. They got what they wanted they have no more reason to please you.

Side story. My wife and I went horseback riding at chukka excursions in Lucea back in 2014, we rode the horses thru a small parish/village in Lucea which is about 10 minutes from the resort and fell in love with the parish called Pumpkin Bottom. We visit every year and visit the children of this parish and it literally brings us joy to see their faces light up and one of GPs staff (Rayan) has made it a ritual to join us on his day off at no charge to help us visit and make sure we get there and back safely.

Our most recent trip (March 2016) my wife wasn't feeling well and stayed back as I went to visit the kids. She stayed at the travel club on lady hamiltons side and hung out. Somewhere along the way she left the travel club to meet me and fell and scraped both her knees pretty bad and due to her drinking thruout the day she bled out pretty profusely (See pictures). The security guard at the travel club and bartender said they will take her to the nurse and they will provide her with band aids and it will be free. The scrape only seemed bad due to her blood being thin due to alcohol consumption so it looked a lot worst then it really was but same time looked really bad. When they arrived to the medic, the nurse immediately said it will cost $30 per band aid and she needed my wife to sign a waiver before any treatment can be done (mind you not she's sitting there crying due to the stinging pain of her concrete burns). My wife of course and in the right argued about the price and why it would cost $30 for ONE BAND AID as she needed 4 (yes, $120 American for 4 bandaids) and just requested to be treated since she was sitting there bleeding from her scrapes on her knees. A back and forth bickering happened and my wife stormed out the nurses office upset and distraught. She marched her way up to the travel club HQ located on the Jamaica side (thinking that because we are members we will be assisted even though in any situation like this any and all resort guests should be treated equally) of the resort in tears seeking help. Walked into the travel club and requested a bandaid and explained what happened in the nurses office, the manager on duty (Carlos) refused to help her and in her words to me on what he said exactly. "You did it to yourself" it's not the resorts fault and that's why they expected her to pay for the band aids. Other staff heard exactly what he said to her and was in disbelief that came out of his mouth. She by then became enraged and struck Carlos (yes, jabbed him in his mouth, I wish I can make this up) and stormed out of the office and just shared her opinions openly (shouted, lots of profanity and anger towards GP travel club). Did it need to escalate to that point? No not at all and my wife later understood she let her emotions get the best of her and after the fact she shouldn't have struck him nor scream obscurities about GP in their main lobby. But after looking at how it all played out I don't blame her nor am I even upset at why it disturbed her so much.

One of the security guards stepped in and cleaned her wounds up and bandaged her at no cost and she vented her concern that no one helped her, the nurse demanded money before treatment, and the travel club manager didn't want to help and kind of had a smart attitude towards her stating that they aren't paying for it since she's the one who fell on her own (WAY TO SHOW GREAT HOSPITALITY, GREAT PROFESSIONALISM, and HUMILITY, she just wanted a bandaid and help) after the incident she went back to the travel club and I arrived back at GP a few hours later and the security staff filled me in on the situation (I thought something bad really happened to her as they started out sadly and slowly I understood she's fine, buuuut she punched someone, made me tell myself wth got her to do that). We had a meeting with the travel club the next morning and I stated my concern. What upset me after all of this was my wife had an open wound and was bleeding and no one helped her, it had to come down to one of the security staff outside the nurses office and outside the travel club (Hence my reference on coming back was their staff not their management) my wife had spoke to a few guests that witnessed everything and got their feedback as they had pity for her for how she was being treated by the travel club employees, staff and I'm not naming any of them (for their job safety) had a lot of negative things to say about Carlos and this is different staff at different areas of the resort and I guess no one is fond of this guy. Apparently he is known as a jerk or in other words management that can care less about employee feelings or guest feelings.

This has opened our eyes and made us come to the realization that once you're in the club you're no longer important and you're just a dollar figure. Every time you visit all they want to do is reconstruct your contract and collect more money from you (not boosting ego or anything just letting you know real situation as a member but we paid off the whole travel club plan as originally its a payment plan like a car loan). It is really sad that we fell in love with GP and the island to have this realization. Their slogan is total crap. "From guest to family" we sure didn't feel like family. Yes they could've called authorities or kicked us off the resort for my wife striking the manager but they didn't and of course I was relieved they didn't. But in that meeting they sure threatened to remove us if we had another hiccup and in turn I gave them the option if they really wanted us to leave we can leave at that moment no issue (Not boosting ego but member perspective we are the reason people like him have a job in this travel club and that goes for each and every other member). I made my points and said what she did didn't justify it but if I was there during the whole incident it probably would've been worst hearing the story from witnesses and my wife I would've made sure I put him down and ate the consequences for it. Any man who hears no one helped your wife when she was hurt (especially bleeding) would be disappointed or upset (angry).

All In all we enjoyed coming back to GP and the island mainly because of their staff and that hasn't changed one bit. They are just as nice and friendly four years later. Unfortunately the money hungry pigs are the ones who put a fake face on like they care about you and we are family only to turn on you. We work way too hard to be spending our hard earned money on a place that loses their values and humility. It's not on the staff as I explained to my wife as I calmed her down that the employees felt bad but could not step in because they would probably get in trouble or be eyed and poked at after the fact (it happens, that's why American companies have HR). It took a security guard (Damion) to step in to help my wife stop bleeding in the lobby. We were doing them a favor by not jumping ship knowing there are better resorts in Jamaica. Even a few staff recommended us to get our own villa at practically same cost if not a small difference on top or referred other resorts.

The staff at GP are truly genuinely good people and yes there will be a bad egg but that goes everywhere. You don't get harassed about money, drugs, or services with them. They are here to make sure you have a great time. We have been to Sandals and Riu visiting their beach or picking up guests for a group excursion and my wife being at Iberostar just a week ago with her friends. The staff at both resorts have nothing on the staff here. We are gonna take a break as I told my wife we can still visit the kids without staying at GP and that's their loss. Lucea is on the corner of Jamaica so it isn't as touristy trappy like the other resorts you find near the airport and yes they will bug you and ask for money etc etc. We have options, we don't need to support GP as we did in the past. But back to my main point, if this is your first time then no worries and just have fun, this review is honestly for guests that plan on coming back! DO NOT COMMIT TO TRAVEL CLUB AS OTHER RESORTS HAVE BETTER OPTIONS AND ARE BETTER AT CATERING TO GUEST NEEDS.

Side note not boosting our egos or anything: My wife and I both own businesses in the Washington DC area and body a combined total of about 150k followers on all social media. We know a thing or two about customer service and how to treat customers (guests) that the travel club needs to learn. THE EMPLOYEES ARE WHAT MAKES COMPANIES GREAT NOT BOSSES LIKE CARLOS.

Honorable mentions of great people of palladium that love their job in our eyes and actually care about member needs and not just here for a paycheck

This incident happened on March 22nd 2016 and I hope they look at any footage they may have. In my opinion reason why they didn't want to call authorities is because the police report we would've had them put down, they're trying to protect this guy and I'm not going to allow this to happen. I'm going to do my best to get this message heard and read from the upper management of the resort. I hope they see this and resolve the matter. As for us, they just lost two genuine members.

Mike (blue shirt, night manager the night of) very helpful thru everything after the incident. Did a great job to make sure he rest of our trip was smooth.

Richard (landscaper/grounds man) we lost our camera first time stay (2013) and he helped us find it, ever since when we are in town he would bring us fruits every year and expect nothing from us. We catch up every year we see him

Clementine (guest assistance) he is a great member of GP. He is usually night shift and always checks on you on how your experience is going. It can be anything from room to dining in experience check ins.

Peach (bell man) side story true story. My wife and I came back to GP 2014 and at this stat we signed up for travel club. It was our anniversary. On the way back home when we arrived at the airport she realized she didn't bring her Green Card and could not fly back home with me. I flew back alone to run home to grab it and I flew back on the first available flight back to hand it off to the flight attendant so she can run and get it to her so she can make her next flight. Peach checked on her as she had to stay one night alone and always made sure she was ok. He made sure she felt comfortable and safe here on the grounds. For that I Am forever grateful knowing there is staff like that here at the resort.

Rayan Batman (Bellman) We have known Rayan since our first stay here and he's been nothing but great. When he learned about our plan to visit the kids he wanted to join us. He's taken us every year with no charge or expectation of anything. This is the first time I'm mentioning this even though he's gone with us since 2014. When we arrive it's like seeing an old cousin you haven't seen in literally a year. Genuine staff that is always in a good mood and is good at making guests feel welcome.

Damion (security) as noone helped my wife, he stepped in and did what any human being would do. For that I am forever thankful

Hints and tips for first timers:
bring ones and fives to take care of the staff who take care of you, most of them only make about $75 American a day (8 hours) and that's if they're full time on top of catering to guests that sometimes feel entitled and feel they own these guys (yes we seen our share of some messed up guests)

Bring mugs so bartenders can top you off so they don't have to give you small cups that they have at the resort

If you smoke bring lots smokes they're expensive and taste is not the same no matter what brand you smoke

Bring Water shoes as they have some rocks and at times sea urchins in the water

Family means Family. Especially when your family is hurt

Stayed: March 2016
6  Thank jimmy c
Reviewed March 28, 2016 via mobile

Excellent food!! A la carte amazing! Service, Rooms with balcony and jacuzzi tubs, beautiful ocean views, 24hrs bars. Private beach ect. Everything you need is here. Close to Negril. Something to eat 24hrs.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
4  Thank toplesssky
Grand Palladium R, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2016

Dear Toplesssky,

Warm greeting to you from sunny Jamaica, Thank you for sharing with us you vacation experience while you were here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort and Spa. Your positive comments about your rooms, the delicious meals from our specialty restaurants, the beaches and the competent service received from our team members who delivered exceptional customer service is greatly appreciated.

It was our pleasure to have served you and we look forward to your return visit for another memorable vacation.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 28, 2016 via mobile

My friend and me stayed here during march break and let's just say we are looking to come back in October.

We arrived and the bell hop was quick to take us to our room and get us settled. He even showed us where we could get supper as we arrived late from the airport.

Our room was equipped with everything we needed and was really spacious. The room was very comfortable. Dahla did a great job cleaning our rooms everyday and re-stocking the fridges with everything we needed.

The pool was absolutely breathtaking and the views around the pool were amazing. The entertainment staff during the day while you were by the boy were constantly running activities and fitness programs. Big shoutout to: Buttercup, Summer, Stretch, Tyson, and Cecil who was always got you involved and put a smile on your face.

The food was the best!! We especially really enjoyed the Italian restaurant and Bubba's steak house. The buffet never seemed to disappoint either.

The sports bar also has some of the most amazing food and the best drinks on the resorts!! Conrad really made our time here so much fun and made some of the best drinks we had.

Lastly, the shows at night always kept us highly entertained!! They were very well put together. We always enjoyed that there was different themes every night so we were never bored. The dancers were amazing! Go Ben 10! After the show was always some type of after party that was very well put together by the entertainment staff. They always ensured that guests were dancing and having a great time! The drumming and Reggae band was one of my favourites!

Overall this is one of the best resorts I have ever stayed at! I absolutely can not wait to come soon!! Thanks for everythinf

Stayed: March 2016, traveled with friends
9  Thank Allie A

Dear Allie A,

We have read your review and were extremely pleased to know that you had such an amazing time here with us. We appreciate your kind words about the staff who were mentioned, and we will be sure to share your feedback with them. It is great to know that you and your friend enjoyed your stay and we were able to meet all your expectations.

It was our pleasure hosting you and we look forward to your return visit so that you may once again have fantastic vacation.

Kind regard,