We stayed at the Grand Palladium Jamaica the last week of May, 2009. We had a great time while we were there. The resort is beautiful. We stayed in Villa 11 which was right next to the Jamaica Lobby and pool. It was a perfect spot because everything was close by. The resort is huge so I think some guests would have quite a walk to get anywhere if they were in buildings farther away. The weather forecast was scattered thunderstorms everyday but it rained less than an hour each day. The rain was not a problem. It was partially cloudy most of the days but the clouds were a welcome relief from the sun.
Tips for your Stay:
1. Bring lots of sunscreen - the sun is very intense, and the humidity is high as well. If you run out of sunscreen you will pay $30+ (US) in the gift shop
2. Bring a Water bottle or coffee mug with a lid - their cups are small and it is not speedy to get a refill on anything at the pool bars.
3. Eat the Jerk Chicken at Sunset Cove Beach (where Poseidon Cafe is). They Grill the chicken and corn and it is delicious.
4. Try the Fried Tilapia at the same location
5. Bring your own snorkel gear - they provide goggles and a snorkle but not fins. The snorkeling right off the beach is not that great, you probably have to pay for an excursion to get to good snorkeling
6. Get a fried banana egg roll with chocolate ice cream at the oriental restraunt.
7. The Blue Lagoon has a TCBY machine where you can get frozen yogurt at lunch
8. Use a taxi instead of shuttle service for your trip to the hotel. We got in at 9:00 at night and booked a shuttle with Jamaica Tours to our resort. We waited one hour and 45 minutes sitting on the bus before they actually left to take us. They were waiting on some people who's luggage had not arrived. It was very annoying. (The resort is about 40 minutes from the airport, another 40 minutes will take you to Negril)
9. Don't expect anyone to be on time. Everything runs slow there. If you want to get picked up at 9, you will probably actually get picked up at 9:30.
10. Their version of air conditioning is not the same as ours - it probably gets the room down to 75 degrees and takes the humidity out of the air but it isn't cold enough for you to feel chilled going into the room.
11. Bring some water shoes. The tiles in the pools have started to come up and you could cut your foot if you slide your feet around.
12. Men have to wear long pants to eat in the a la carte restraunts. My husband wore flip flops with his pants so I don't think they care about the footwear, just that long pants are worn.
When we took an excursion to Negril the beach there was soooo beautiful. However, the resorts did not look as nice as the Grand Palladium. The beach at the Grand Palladium is pretty but not like the seven mile beach.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Palladium Hotel Group, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa Lucea