Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
Tryall Club(Sandy Bay)
  • Pool
Silent Waters Villa(Montego Bay)
  • Breakfast included
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)
7,447 results
All reviewsgrand palladiumlady hamilton sidesports barinfinity barjerk hutmain poolmontego bayocean viewa la carte restaurantsjerk chickensteaksunset cove beachitalian restaurantwater sportsrick's cafered stripebad reviews
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 8, 2009

This was a wonderful experience. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was nice, clean and if you leave a tip for the maid, decorated with fresh flowers. One thing to remember is that you don't have to leave tips, but you get better service if you do. The front desk will break larger US bills. I would recommend bringing ones and fives. The food was not wonderful, but we didn't really expect it to be. Make sure you go to the beach on the Lady Hamilton side. It is much better for swimming and they have a place where they grill chicken and corn. It was probably the best food we ate. We did the half day shopping trip to Negril. It was only $30 per couple, but it was quite intense. The first stop was to a craft market where everyone called out and tried to sell you anything. It was very uncomfortable. The bus ride was nice, but all in all it probably wasn't worth the $30 we spent. We had a great vacation and would definetly go back.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank linbrown28

Our Jamaican Vacation April 25 to 30 :
Problems:
• 1 Hour immigration line @ MBJ …Saturday afternoon ….. no problem
• In room safe would not work….. they repaired it…. No problem
• Not Gourmet food…. We did not pay for that…… No problem
• Nasty fellow tourist complaining rudely about anything…..disgraceful
• Bar by main pool too crowded and understaffed…. I went to a different bar
• We could not stay longer

Good Stuff:
• Reggae Tours, Greg and Kirk, outstanding, Anxiety free, Airport Transfers, private Negril Tour , unusual personal request met, Greg’s phone Promo was as promised . We had /have friends in Jamaica
• Jamaican Zip line Adventures …. Big Fun
• Beautiful resort, Beautiful people including resort staff
• Sharon, our Housekeeping staff member, terrific, clean room every day, plenty of towels, room 1418
• Good variety of food, Buffets good. Went to Al-a-Cartes early so no waiting
• Much better weather than Pittsburgh
• We had a great time relaxing in an amazing tropical location
• Excellent value
In conclusion, we did not cut our feet in the pool or in the rough sand on the beach, no rats or roaches attacked us. There may be construction problems at the resort, but it did not affect our time there, (Heck, I need to take care of some things around my house also). The bottom line is that we enjoyed our time together in Jamaica at the Grand Palladium. I may go back someday, but we go to a different place every year, it is a big world and we want to see it all.
Thanks for all of the info I received before I left and enjoy Jamaica. YEA MON
Duane

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
6  Thank mahimahiamhimahi
Reviewed May 7, 2009

I have to admit after reading some of the reviews here I was a bit worried about going on this vacation. This is my first time south to a resort..so I wasnt sure what to expect.. I went with my boyfriend and another couple as well as their children. My boyfriend kept telling me dont worry it will be fine. He was so right. I enjoyed every minute there...
Yes there were tiles missing in the pool and I do feel that should be fixed right away . While we were there a little boy cut his foot rather badly and had to have stitches .. other then that I have no complaints.. the food was great never ate anything that I didnt like. The pool was great. nice and warm. The beaches were ok not great. No problems checking in. No problems with service or with rooms.. lots of drinks in fridge and if there wasnt enough of something we just left a note for the bar maid and we had it the next day. A couple times the maid didnt have towels and facecloths when she cleaned our room but always made sure when they were available we got them. The Jamaican people were the nicest I have ever met. It didnt matter if we tiped them or not they were always pleasant and nice to us.. always said hi when you met them in the walkways.. The entertainment people were wonderful.. they kepts us laughing and entertained the entire week..there was always something to do or watch... all and all we had a great trip and will definately go back... miss it already .

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank swimmerNovaScotia
Reviewed May 7, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the GP Lady Hamilton for our honeymoon and we had a great time. Don't get me wrong, we had some issues at first but we didn't let it get to us because we could have had the same issues at any other resort. Plus, our issues were quickly resolved to our satisfaction. I was a bit nervous after reading the reviews before we left so I'll just mention a couple of problems I was looking for: 1. Check-in: Check-in begins at 3pm so if you arrive early, your room may not be ready. We arrived before 3pm and had to wait. They gave us our wristbands so we had lunch and a couple of drinks while we waited. 2. Pool: We did not have a chance to get in the big pool but the smaller pool did have broken tile and the railing was very loose. 3. Room: We stayed in the bungalows and we did have issues with the outside shower not draining, water was leaking from somewhere, and the water was okay up until the last day when it was scolding hot. The shower and leak was fixed. 4. Food: Food was okay. What can you really expect from a resort that's preparing food for 100s of people? The jerk chicken by the beach (Sunny Cove) was fabulous! 5. Beach: The main beach was rocky. BE CAREFUL!! But the water is clear enough for you to see them. There are NO ROCKS at the Sunny Cove beach. 6. Drinks: We were okay with the drinks and the servers. 7. Restaurants: We did not have any issues going to dinner. The longest we had to wait was less than 5 mins.
Overall we had a blast and we are recommending a couple of family members to travel back with us next year. Just one word of advise...if you are going to party and you need to constantly be doing something, do not go here! It's in the town of Lucea and there's nothing to do there. You must travel to Negril or Montego Bay for night life & shopping (both are like 30-45min away and will cost you!). But if you want a nice place to relax and do nothing, book your trip TODAY!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MrsPetey
Reviewed May 6, 2009

After navigating the nightmare that is montego bay airport we finally arrived at the Grand Palladium resort 4 hours late(airline delay, no fault of the Hotel). The clerks at the front desk weren't very friendly at checkin or checkout but almost every other employee we encountered was very friendly. We were at first a bit disappointed with our room location but we realized that we really wouldn't be spending much time in it anyway, so we got over that quickly. Everything in the room worked fine once we figured out how to put the key in the slot to keep the electricity on.

We ate at the Indian, Italian, Asian and Seafood restaurants and the buffet every morning for breakfast. The food was great - our favorite was the Indian and the jerk chicken and paella at Sunset Beach! Drinks were good(dirty monkey was our favorite), the beer was just ok. The only time we had to wait for a drink at any bar was at the Las Brisas bar next to the sand volleyball court but we soon found the elusive hidden bar located underneath the palapas on the opposite side of the infinity pool.

The Infinity Pool was awesome. Yeah, some missing tiles. I personally think they should close all the pools for a week and re-do them, but its all good. Sunset Cove was great(we got engaged at sunset by the lifeguard chair).

All in all we had a great time. I hope they make some improvements to the building/pool construction but the food, drinks, grounds, people were all great. We hope to go back again for a few more days with a few more people!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple