Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
LeMer Guesthouse & Villa(Lucea)(Great Value!)
$96
$68
$373
$282
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $365/night.

Rhodes Beach Resort Negril(Green Island)(Great Value!)
$144
Travelocity
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
$328
$279
  • Pool
$449
$437
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $603/night.

$722
$457
$735
$459
  • Breakfast included
7,668 results
All reviewsgrand palladiumsports barlady hamilton sidejerk hutinfinity barmain poolmontego bayocean viewa la carte restaurantsjerk chickensteaksunset cove beachitalian restaurantwater sportsrick's cafered stripebad reviews
Reviewed January 31, 2009

I loved my stay @ Grand Palladium Jamaica and wish I could go back. The resort is located in Lucea which is about 45 minutes from the airport. Our check in was about 10 minutes and then we were shuttled to our room. The room is beautiful!! I was surprised and delighted to have a large room with marble floor throughout and a balcony with ocean view. (This was the standard room) The air conditioning was not as cold as I would have liked it but it did work fine. The a la carte restaurants were very good. I did not care for the italian but it could have been the 1 item on the menu that I selected. The buffets were good. The grounds and pool are very nice. I was a little disappointed by the beach. There are a few beach areas and coral beach has a lot of rocks and coral. Sunset cove is the best beach @ the resort. I tried to snorkel a few times and was disappointed. I paid for a snorkel excursion and was disappointed only to see a sting ray and experience very choppy water. Even our guide said that if he was the manager he would have cancelled any water excursions because of the waves. This was a waste of money and I would not suggest it. The next day I swam out to a coral reef and saw a couple of small fish but not much. I am definitely a water person and this was the only negative to the trip which resulted in a 4 star rating. We also went jet skiing 2 times with Rasta Donald and loved it. The first time we paid and went on our own and the 2nd time he brought us out for free. I loved the fruity rum drinks and barternders, especially Andre in the club who would always set the bar on fire for us. Pink the pop artist was there during the last 2 days of our stay. She was with a group of about 10 people and dined and enjoyed the entertainment liked everyone else staying there. The entertainment shows were good. I loved the steel drum band, live reggae band, and dance show. The entertainment workers are great at what they do. They are there to keep everyone entertained and are also great dancers (Happy Feet and Energizer). Leroy @ the swim up bar serves good mixed drinks and will have everyone chanting the pool bar song. We also booked the Negril tour for $15 through the onsite tour company and loved it. Negril is about 30 minutes away. First we went to a few gift shops to barter and purchase souvenirs. Later we went to Ricks cafe to have a drink and watch the sunset. Ricks is very expensive compared to other places but you are on vacation. After a drink, I jumped off of the small cliff and it was fun. If you are going to jump just make sure that you dive straight and not at an angle. We watched people get injured and heard a story that someone earlier had an injured sternum from the force of the water. The excursion was good. The resort did have a shuttle to Margaritaville in Montego Bay one night that we joined. There were about 40 people there that were mostly tourists from other resorts (would not recommend). I would like to go to Negril on my next vacation only because I want to experience a Jamaican resort with a great beach and snorkeling but I would defintely return to this resort again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
9  Thank 1fashionista
Reviewed January 31, 2009

We just got back from a week at the Grand Palladium/Jamaica.
We chose this location because my girlfriends co-worker was there 2 months after they opened,and were pleased with their stay.
I couldn't believe that after only 6 months opened the premises were falling apart at the seams.I came to find out the Fiesta group brought in outside labor to build the resort instead of hiring local labor.They built the resort in 2 years when the projected build time was 5 years.
The resort was overbooked at the time of our arrival,and it seemed that the rooms were handed out on first come first serve basis.It took us approx 4 hours to finally get a room.
This room had no view,it was of the rear of the spa area an a couple of rocks.It was also not cleaned properly either.There was blood on the walls in two different areas,it took two days to finally get it cleaned.
After 4 days we finally got a nicer room,but had to pay an upgrade for this bay view one bedroom suite. (Charged us 56 for two of our remaining threee nights.)
There is several different theme restaurants on premise,but the quality is terrible.The steak in the steak house is like eating the bottom of your old shoe.We figured out after two nights and two bad tasting experiences that we would stick with the buffets for the remainder of stay.At least there we could find something edible to eat.At least we didn't waste our time trying to get served poor food for a two hour wait.
The bars were not stocked with top shelf liquors either.
Besides not being cleaned properly the rooms have alot of other issues because of poor workmanship, alot of water back-ups,things falling apart. The patio block walkways are the worst,more than half is under need of repair already. It will probably take a nice size crew another 2-3 years to repair all the faulty workmanship on this property.
Two days before our stay was over they insituted a new towel policy because they were running out of towels.This place has way too many kinks to work out,and the beaches were horrible.I guess that side of the island was not a good place to build a resort.
If I ever went back to Jamaica I would head back towards Negril or Ocho Rios.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank lad132
Reviewed January 30, 2009

Yes the beds were hard but I felt quite comfortable and my back has felt better ever since..HA The food was great, the service could have been better but go back in a year and I sure it will be. Some of the servers seemed a little grouchy but spoil them with cheer and they would usually smile. The beaches were okay, sailing in the bay was difficult, the wind seems to gust from all directions, sending your cat. toppling if your not carefull...HA
We were married while there, the ceremony was perfect. We all loved it. The wedding co-ordinator was great, the photographers were also. The minister really made everything perfect, with his Jamaican personality, it really added some spice. The wedding really made for great memories. We were married on the beach. There is also a small gazebo you can be wed in.
The pool was wonderfull although a bit cool. The rooms were very nice, they don't have that Caribbean mold odour yet. The maid services were great, and with a small tip our fridge was kept well stocked.
The stroll from the room to the restaurants was not long, was just a comfortable way to let all that great food settle.
READ THIS.....DO NOT take the bus trip to Margarittaville in Montego Bay. That city is, well, kinda nerve racking at night. You are driven there by the Palladium employees, they drive like maniacs, you spend more time with your face planted into the seat forward you then you do looking out the window. Then some of the employees, who are supposed to be looking out for you in our case were drinking. One of the employees was more interested in rubbing up against any tourist women he could then doing his job. At the end of the night the other buses left , leaving ours to be swarmed by drug dealers trying to get into the bus and trying to open your windows while the persons who are looking out for our well being while you we were guests in their country were out there somewhere getting some damb jerk chicken which you could get anytime back at the resort. One of the young women on our bus was followed into the bathroom by two Jamaican men, she had to run in and lock the door. And that was as I was told the good part of town. Take a trip to the Margarittaville in Negril, its really nice and that town is much less stressfull.
BUT, we really liked the resort, I will go again maybe for our tenth anniversary.
I recomend getting married there, I have to say this again. They treated us like royalty. The acted as though our day was just as special to them as it was to us. I can't say enough about this service. The only negative thing I could say if I had to was that the poor minister's car broke down twice, he didn't make it until much later but they had a back up preacher that they sent for. Things were a little behind schedule but we hardly noticed. I'm glad it happend that way because I loved the minister that performed our wedding. They made our day great!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
8  Thank TomYou
Reviewed January 29, 2009

The number one thing I would tell someone about the Palladium is that if your vacation is more than 5/6 days, don't stay there. We were there 8 days, and the small things that didn't bother us the first few days really began to drive us crazy by day 5. For example, no towles at the pools, out of ice, out of limes, out of bananas, the HARD beds, the slow pace of staff, the hike to and from your villa, ect! It really is a beautiful resort, with an amazing pool. You have many places to choose from for dinner, and it's nice that reservations are not needed. Everyone we met had different opinions of which restaurants were the best. My advice- don't listen, just try them out. If you don't like it, and are still hungry go somewhere else.

We did the Negril shopping trip, and for only 30$ I would totally recommend it. Plus, it gives you a chance to see some of Jamaica outside the resort.

The staff is very friendly- except the morning brunch people.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
8  Thank J_B_A_T
Reviewed January 29, 2009

If you are looking for a relaxing time at a beautiul resort in a sunny destination with wonderful staff and a great value for your money, look no further.

Grand Palladium Jamaica and Lady Hamilton are two new resorts and are both wonderful places to stay in Jamaica. Lady Hamilton side charges about $50 more per person to stay because of being a bit closer to amenities and that is all the difference. There are shuttles that will take you anywhere you want to go within the resort and in my opinion the difference is not worth it.

My wife and I travel extensively and we have been to several 5 star all-inclusive resorts. This is among the good ones. There are a few small glitches because they are brand new and the staff are not all trained well yet but remember you are on vacation and not on a mission to work as a travel critic.

The beach is not great but you can go to the " Six mile Beach" which has six miles of white sandy beach not very far from the resort. You can take a tour or a taxi to get there. However, the main pool is huge and absoloutly beautiful and flawless. The food is great. If you are travelling with small children or a baby, there is absoloutly no problem. They have a day care that is free for children of 4 years or older with lots of activities during the day and at night. For younger than 4 year old, you have to pay $10 per hour for baby sitting.

There are 10 restaurnats that you can eat in.Food is good for an all-inclusive resort. No reservation needed to eat at the Steak house, Mexican, Indian, Italian and Japenese restaurnats. It takes about 2 to 3 hours though to come out of any of these restaurants. I found the kitchens a bit slow to give food to the waiters. I recommend to have 50 US$1 bill for tipping for a one week of stay.

Once again, go there and enjoy the opening low prices.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family