Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$342
$282
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Rhodes Beach Resort Negril(Green Island)(Great Value!)
$144
Travelocity
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
$318
TripAdvisor
$1,024
$1,003
Bookit.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
7,461 results
All reviewsgrand palladiumlady hamilton sidesports barinfinity barjerk hutmain poolmontego bayocean viewa la carte restaurantsjerk chickensteaksunset cove beachitalian restaurantwater sportsrick's cafered stripebad reviews
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 29, 2009

The number one thing I would tell someone about the Palladium is that if your vacation is more than 5/6 days, don't stay there. We were there 8 days, and the small things that didn't bother us the first few days really began to drive us crazy by day 5. For example, no towles at the pools, out of ice, out of limes, out of bananas, the HARD beds, the slow pace of staff, the hike to and from your villa, ect! It really is a beautiful resort, with an amazing pool. You have many places to choose from for dinner, and it's nice that reservations are not needed. Everyone we met had different opinions of which restaurants were the best. My advice- don't listen, just try them out. If you don't like it, and are still hungry go somewhere else.

We did the Negril shopping trip, and for only 30$ I would totally recommend it. Plus, it gives you a chance to see some of Jamaica outside the resort.

The staff is very friendly- except the morning brunch people.

8  Thank J_B_A_T
Reviewed January 29, 2009

If you are looking for a relaxing time at a beautiul resort in a sunny destination with wonderful staff and a great value for your money, look no further.

Grand Palladium Jamaica and Lady Hamilton are two new resorts and are both wonderful places to stay in Jamaica. Lady Hamilton side charges about $50 more per person to stay because of being a bit closer to amenities and that is all the difference. There are shuttles that will take you anywhere you want to go within the resort and in my opinion the difference is not worth it.

My wife and I travel extensively and we have been to several 5 star all-inclusive resorts. This is among the good ones. There are a few small glitches because they are brand new and the staff are not all trained well yet but remember you are on vacation and not on a mission to work as a travel critic.

The beach is not great but you can go to the " Six mile Beach" which has six miles of white sandy beach not very far from the resort. You can take a tour or a taxi to get there. However, the main pool is huge and absoloutly beautiful and flawless. The food is great. If you are travelling with small children or a baby, there is absoloutly no problem. They have a day care that is free for children of 4 years or older with lots of activities during the day and at night. For younger than 4 year old, you have to pay $10 per hour for baby sitting.

There are 10 restaurnats that you can eat in.Food is good for an all-inclusive resort. No reservation needed to eat at the Steak house, Mexican, Indian, Italian and Japenese restaurnats. It takes about 2 to 3 hours though to come out of any of these restaurants. I found the kitchens a bit slow to give food to the waiters. I recommend to have 50 US$1 bill for tipping for a one week of stay.

Once again, go there and enjoy the opening low prices.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
11  Thank Farzad_8
Reviewed January 28, 2009

My husband and I arrived on January 10 the day of my birthday around 5:30 pm and was immediately taken care of. We had a one bedroom suite however it was upgraded to a ocean view since it was my birthday. The room was nice and the view outside was outstanding. The bed was extremely hard and it took several days for me to sleep comfortable. The staff was wonderful and catered to our needs. Food was in abundance and you had a variety of choices of what you wanted. Overall, my husband and I had a great time and would return again.

7  Thank Diaby
Reviewed January 28, 2009

Love Jamacou But if you are going to go to get a little rest for get it. You do all the waiting on your self. Food and drinks. No one wants to pamper you in any way. If you are thinking they are going to be up beat like any other resort that i have been in for get that too. One night the bar maid was ask to smile her comment was nothing to smile for. The pools was all Cold. Beaches rocky. If that is what they are calling beaches. I call a beach with sand not rock.And yes i stayed on the Lady Hamilton side. If i was asked to go again NO. On the other side food was ok. Beds hard just like sleeping on the floor.

3  Thank catMissouri
Reviewed January 28, 2009

Just returned home from the Grand Palladium hotel. I sure don't know what some of these people have a problem with. The resort and the rooms are beautiful.

We were somewhat disappointed in the beach but we got over it with the huge pool right on the water and there is some beach.

Too bad the ice machines in each of the buildings don't work. Seeing them there is just an aggravation if you want ice and none work. Take a zip lock bag and get some at one of the bars if you want it. They are happy to give it to you if you have something to put it in. You have an ice bucket in the room to put it in.

Staff doesn't move too quickly to meet your needs that is for sure but that is the laid back nature of Jamaica. They are all very friendly they just don't get in a hurry.
Food was really good. There is always lots to choose from.
I feel we got great value for our money. There were a few glitches but nothing to spoil your holiday over.

If you are going here you maybe want to take a few washclothes as these aren't always available.
You also need to leave one of your keys in the slot by the door in the rooms to keep the air conditioning going and the lights on.

We had a great holiday and met lots of really nice people..

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends