“Loved it and can't wait to go back!”

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
Reviewed November 15, 2008

We stayed 10/25 to 11/1 for our anniversary in a Honeymoon Villa. We booked on Funjet who also arranged our transport, trouble free maybe 45 mins only because of traffic in MoBay. We arrived around 12:30 our room was ready everyone was very accommodating and nice. Our villa (3093)was huge, outdoor shower, walk-in closet double sided, jacuzzi tub big enough for 3 large people(worked great used it atleast 3 times), private balcony with loungers and patio set, full views of ocean on all sides. We were the only people in our building the entire week. Please get to know Leroy,Brian,Clive & Jovian at the pool bar they are awesome-tell them Joe and Leslie said HEY MON!! If you want a day of adventure talk to Leroy he is the man! The entertainment staff at the pool is great they try sooo hard(Happy Feet the best dancer we have ever seen!) The food-neither of us could complain eat at Sunset Cove for lunch and the Creole is great/lots to choose from everyday. Take lots of $1/5 for tips(we took $200 in small bills)these guys work hard to make it a great stay and the do appreciate it(average pay around $55 US per week). We had a couple's deep tissue massage at the spa, it was awesome. The resort does have some minor problems but it's new so what do you expect, the kindness of the staff makes up for it 100%! If you want some local food go to Bigger's(little stand on the side of the road) he is on the other side of Lucea best jerk chicken around, we took a day trip to Negril/Ricks with JTL and asked our bus driver to stop on the way back. Take water shoes if you have them the beaches are rocky but still very nice. We are looking forward to our next trip to the Palladium and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. We went on several trips and many of the people on our bus stated they were jealous when the saw our resort some of these people paid 2000.00 more for the week at other places. Keep in mind it is not really close to the bigger towns but you could stay at the resort all week and be very satisfied. I would recommend this resort to all my family and friends! Best week ever!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
13  Thank JoeandLeslie

Reviewed November 15, 2008

I left this resort with mixed feelings. First, I made reservations directly with the resort, and then made my airline purchase. Two (2) days later, the resort emailed me saying that my 3 night stay violated their 5 day minimum, and they were cancelling my reservation. I immediately called, and pointed out that their website said nothing about the minimum night visit, and their own website let me make a 3 night reservation. In the end, they were flexible and reinstated me.

The resort is is need of much repair already -- peeling paint, broken chairs, exposed electrical wires. This place is not going to make it.

This is a resort for Europeans who expect something different than passes for luxary in the States. But, this is 3 star at best. The beaches are lousy -- really lousy. The buffets are lame and aimed at satisfying the superflous Brits, who must have baked beans for their 3 squares.

Water and soda were free, but presented in tiny dixie cups.

The pool was dirty and in need of repair.

The pool and beach chairs were the nicest I have ever seen.

The room was large, and new. Room service was awful -- my room was not made up before 5 p.m. each day. That's ridiculously late.

Dinners were good -- I ate in the creole and steak restaurants.

Staff was very nice, but not always trained enough to be helpful. The front desk could not give me driving directions to the airport.

The Palladium is owned by "Fiesta," which is a Spanish chain. The Spanish mainland bosses on site are demeaning and nasty toward the locals -- borderline racial. Thinks lots of eye rollings, etc. too. I can't imagine the locals will take it for long.

I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank PNMLAW
Reviewed November 14, 2008

arrived nov 4 at grand palladium and noticed that not only is this the biggest resort in jamaica it's also the worst built resort I have ever(yes I said ever) been to . I have been to jamaica a dozen times in the last10 years and have stayed at all types of resorts,some new ,some old ,some big ,and some small. I love Jamaica understand that new resorts need to work out the kinks and that it has been open for just af few months but the construction from the pool tile poping off all over to the water leaking from the showers in rooms above ,to the none working jacuzzi's throughout the resort . I could go on and on I'm telling you this is a contractor's nightmare ! I don't want to say I didn't have a great time as I did!! the people working at the resort ( the jamaicans anyway ) were great and went out of there way to make you feel special . The food was good at the Italian and creole restaurant and ok at the asian resaurant but in my opinion the steak house and seafood restaurant was bad ,and service was very slow in all ala carte resturants as the help in these places seemed under trained . the bars were fine just no red stripe except in miss lou's bar , real rock every were else, nite bands were nice in the upstair's bar I really had a good time (but I always do) but I can't belive this resort will ever be a 5 star resort as it's falling apart faster then they can finish it . even for the deal I did get I would have paid a few extra dollars as the resort is that poorly constructed.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jclarkeMichiganUsa
Reviewed November 11, 2008

What an awesome stay we had 10/24-10/31. The hotel is beautiful and the property is huge. The main pool is the largest I have ever seen, with a great swim up bar for refreshments. Everyone at the Grand Palladium was very friendly and we met some wonderful people we'll remember forever. As others have said, bring plenty of small bills for tips, since you can't get change anywhere. We sampled nearly every restaraunt and the food was above average in most. The breakfast buffet was yummy. Be careful when it rains, the floors are wet & very, very slippery! The one complaint we had was that the mini bar in the room was only stocked with 2 beers and you needed to pay an additional $20 to have it restocked (with how many, we didn't find out). Not that big of a deal, but if you want to relax in your room or on your patio/deck and have more than 1 beer apiece, it would be nice (there is no room service). The beach at Sunset Cove was very nice and the one to go to for now, as the rest are rocky. Had a marvelous time and would definitely go back. The review wouldn't be complete without mentioning some staff that made it truly enjoyable - Brian, Leroy, Chris and Jovian from the swim up bar (Hey new guy, hey new guy - chant that to them, they'll laugh!), the crazy entertainment staff at La Brista Bar (Chocolate, Happy Feet, everyone else I'm forgetting) and Marlon at the Sports Bar.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
4  Thank islandgirlMinnesota
Reviewed November 11, 2008

My husband and i along with my sister and niece went for 3 days. The property is lovely, the pool is amazing, it has actual lounge seats in the water we totally loved that.
The food is for the most part is AWFUL AND CARRIED FORWARD from the previous days menu,(HOW TACKY), the restaurant and buffet staff are extremely RUDE and unwilling to serve you twice. Though we found the price to be extremely reasonable, and the grounds lovely, we would never go back, nor recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 5, 2008

We truly in enjoyed our vacation at the Grand Palladium. The rooms were spacious and the food was delicious! We tried the breakfast and lunch buffets and found so much variety that everyone in the family was pleased and we have children ranging in age from 6 to 16. The a la carte restaurants were also great. We can't stop talking about the Curried Shrimp at the Indian Restaurant. Delicious! The beach activities were fun and my daughter won a dance contest! Service was very good and our rooms were spotless and mini-bar was stocked with soft drinks and more. The view in the lobby was awesome and truly grand!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank veehutch
Reviewed November 4, 2008

My family and I stayed at the Grand Palladium from Oct 24 - 31st. The Grand Palladium indeed is GRAND, from the beautiful and tastefully decorated rooms to the grounds. The food was excellent especially for those who enjoy real Jamaican flavor. There was variety and assortments for everyone’s pallet. The pools were amazing the views picturesque. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Shout out to Jimmy one of the driver's who would bring us around the resort. Staying at this resort superceded my expectations after I read some of the not so good reviews..it's unfortunate. As the week I spent there was amazing. I would definitely recommend this resort!!!

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled with family
4  Thank Lovelygurl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucea
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay

Been to Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!