We went to this resort Dec 30 for 7 days with our two kids(ages 7/8). It was very busy and close to max capacity. Food overall is very good, especially the coffee. Indian restaurant is fantastic as is the jerk hut. However, The attitude of the staff really does need an adjustment. Not all staff smile at you and quite a few times on the resort I felt like staff were doing us a huge favour by serving us. We took our kids to the kids club and the staff members there just stared at us. If staff are supposed to be working with children they should at least smile and try to make the place inviting. Also, the staff need to make their hotel patrons aware of what is going on. For example, each night before the entertainment started they would show a movie on the big screen (good ones too like Monsters vs Aliens, Rio etc) but there was no sign saying when things started, what movie would be showing etc.
Here are a few Pro's:
1)lots of selection food wise, buffet was good
2)the gym was one of the better ones I've seen in the Caribbean
3)The pool is the biggest in Jamaica-your kids will love it, lots of fountains, water bikes etc
4)Some of the male waiters in the buffet were awesome.)
5) The Raggs and Friends kids show was great.
1)resort is very large and there is lots of walking
2)a lot of equipment in the watersport area was out of order including the paddle boats
3)staff are only really friendly if you tip them, otherwise you wont get any smiles
4)Mosquitos were horrible. The resort sprayed while we were there but we had to avoid the balcony. Our screen had a tear in it and it was repaired while we were there.
5)Resort ran out of towels two days
6)We ordered a bottle of wine and paid for it in cash, when we went to check out it was on our bill and we had to battle with the Supervisor at the front desk to get it removed.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa Lucea