“Won't go there again”

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
Reviewed November 16, 2013

First, It took two hours for the staff to check us in when we arrived. We were not the only guests that had difficulty getting the rooms we booked. The food was mediocre. It was obvious the dinners were already plated and kept under warming lights in the kitchen, as all of our meals in were lukewarm/warm temperature. The buffets were decent with lots of variety. There is no room service and no mini-bar in our room. The beaches were small (we visited two of them) but one of them was so rocky, there was a sign recommending the use of water shoes to go into the water, as it was on a reef. The staff was very friendly, but were not shy about asking for a tip in all of the dining rooms. On our last day, there was a knock on our door at 7:30 am. The housekeeper was there to inform us that the housekeeper we had for the last few days was off, and she was there to collect her tip for her...at 7:30 am! The bed pillows are hard as a rock, as was the pull-out sofa, making a comfortable sleep impossible.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Susan J
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time in giving us your valued feedback in regards to your experience. We appreciate that you have taken the time to advise us of your opinion.
The management and staff at Palladium Jamaica are committed to satisfy our guests and we sincerely regret if the circumstances mentioned may have affected your vacation experience and your perception of our hotel.

We look forward to having you again in any of the Palladium Resorts and that we have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Best regards

Jose Torres
Accommodations Manager

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed at the Grand Palladium and had Grim experience!!!! October 18th 2013 thru the 20th was my brief and lack luster stay at this GRAND SIZE hotel. First of all, the hotel was so big and logistically impossible it ruined the experience. When I arrived I was way on the other side of the campus away from the wedding party I was apart of. Secondly, I arrived to my room and the phone nor TV worked so I had to walk back to the main desk and inform them of my problems. After a brief 45 minute wait I was told I had to have a room change. This room change moved me further from my wedding group. Then once I was moved I had to request a shuttle to come and get me to my wedding group and after a brief 35 minute wait I decided to walk. Afetr a brief 20 minute walk I finally met with my wedding group.

FOOD: The buffet style food was respectable but the drinks that come with the all inclusive package are HORRIBLE!!!! I mean who drinks draft Red Stripe in Jamaica? All drinks where made with bottom shelf headache alcohol.

ROOMS: I must say the accomodations where the only highlight of the trip. Nice and spacious!!! The villa foyer areas where straight out of a episode of Spartacus...impressive.

Room Tip: 1312 Floor level ocean view. Make sure your phone and TV work.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Smash863
FiestaJamaica, Assistant Room Division Director at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear Smash863,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences during your recent vacation at our Resort.
I must apologize for the inconvenience with the Tv and telephone. I can assure you that this is not the norm for us.

It was our pleasure to have had the opportunity of hosting you. We appreciate your wonderful comments about our “nice and spacious” accommodations. We extend a special invitation for you to return in the near future to experience all that changes that will have been made. Until then, take care.

Yours Sincerely,

Ingrid Slater
Assistant Room Division Director

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I had a great time at this resort. I have been south numerous times and the food at this resort was excellent compared to most. It was a very clean resort and had lots of pool chairs which was a big plus for me since I find they are usually all reserved. I also really enjoyed the disco and the sports bar.

The beach was small and not that great so I spent most of my time by the pool which had a great pool bar and was very clean.

The main disadvantage of this resort was the service when getting drinks. I am not sure if it was because they didn't have enough staff or but I found the service very slow and not that friendly. The service at the a la carts was amazing.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bananabum

Dear Bananabum,

Thank you for sharing your review based off your last vacation experience here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We are pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed all that our Resort has to offer, from the beaches and pools to the delicious meals which were had. We welcome your return in the future as it was our pleasure hosting you on your last stay. Until then, best wishes from our Palladium Family!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Overall, the hotel is excellent. The view of the ocean from the infinity pool and the hotel was gorgeous. There are many restaurant to choose from and there must be a restaurant open 24/7. The rooms are clean and the people refill beverage every morning and night. I personally loved the different food selection and loved the golf cart ride from one area to the next. The spa area and the in-door pool is very nice. The people here are very friendly and nice. I tip them every meal just because they are so friendly. The bartenders are incredibly nice, I spend an hour talking to one of the bartender and I tipped him $20 because he makes the best drinks.

Room Tip: Must buy transportation ahead of time to this hotel since is quiet a distance.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Catherine M

Dear Catherine M,

Thank you for sharing with us your review based off your wonderful vacation spent here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed all that our Resort has to offer and that your expectations were met. We hope that in the future we will be your Resort of choice for another vacation nothing short of Grand!

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Reading some of the reviews I was slightly nervous about the holiday. I don't actually know if the people writing those bad reviews went to the same hotel as I did??!!!! It was amazing. One of the best hotels I have been to. There were a total of 4 of us traveling and we stayed Oct 30 - 12 Nov and I did not want to come home. The rooms were amazing, modern, spacious with a kingsize bed and a jacuzzi bath. The swimming pool was out of this world.. HUGE!! There were plenty of restaurants to eat at. A big shout out to JASON from the Asian restaurant.. What a lovely guy!!!! :) the beaches weren't the nicest I've seen compared to others in the Caribbean but still it was lovely. Most or the staff were polite in the resort. The only one complaint I have is the women working in the shop.. Rude!! Over all this was a lovely vacation and would recommend to anyone!!

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Kate P

Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to share your review based off your recent stay here at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. We are elated that you have enjoyed your vacation and all that our Resort has to offer. We are grateful for your positive comments about the accommodations, the delicious meals and the competent service received from our staff.

We look forward to your visit in the near future as it was our pleasure hosting you on this visit. Until then, best wishes.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Went to a destination wedding. Check in took over an hour! The room was nice but we were not near the other guests in our group as promised. The actually changed almost every plan the couple had made and for some reason every place we made a reservation was unable to accommodate our group. This was very frustrating! We had 2 three hour dinners because the service was so slow. Too much drinking on empty stomachs and too tired to go anywhere but back to the room after the very long dinners. The wedding was beautiful and the resort is huge. There are some wonderful servers and bartenders and they do the best they can but seems that management has no rhyme or reason or organization!

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank gottagogottagetthere
FiestaJamaica, Assistant Room Division Director at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Warm Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your review. At the onset let me apologize for not being able to fulfill your request to accommodate your group all together. Unfortunately requests are not guaranteed and are based on availability on arrival. In reference to your check in experience, I would like to apologize for that. We will take action to improve our service in that area.

Thank you very much for your nice review about our rooms, property and our staff. All comments are very important to us in order to improve our service and facilities day after day, as our commitment is to provide the best service and attention at all times to our guests.

We are simply honored for your valuable comment regarding the wedding. The Grand Palladium Resort and Spa is indeed famous for performing and delivering the most incredible weddings.

We regret profoundly the failure to meet your expectations and I remain personally at your entire disposition for whatever you may require of our hotel in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Ingrid Slater
Assistant Room Division Director

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Just and okay resort....not a lot of ocean view rooms available. Rooms are a good size but the bed was too firm and uncomfortable. Staff was nice for the most part. The food at the buffet was just so-so and not a lot of variety. Everything seemed to taste the same after a while. Nice that you do not have to have a reservation for restaurants but sadly I got sick from my food at one. Previous resort had hand sanitizers at entrances to all food areas and requested you use it to keep down viruses....none at this resort. I wouldn't recommend or return.

Room Tip: Go to another resort for that kind of money.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Leslie T

Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to describe your last vacation in Grand Palladium Jamaica. All reports help us to know about our guests expectations and help us to find the corrective actions necessary.

Jose Torres
Accommodations Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucea
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay

Been to Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!